Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Absolutely Mere! With any luck I will get to stay in this room. It smells of disinfectant but at least I got some sleep and there's shower which is actually warm and doesn't need a feat of contortion to get under it. :)

They couldn't "explain" why I was sick (if the packs weren't it) so had to move me. You're quite right Ali, loads have been poorly this year.

vanilla pack for breakfast and water for the day. It's gonna be a 100%day :)

Sorry no post yesterday. I basically slept most of it until my son and hubby came at 3. I've stuck to packs and I'm absolutely fine now so no one can blame the diet. It's tough to stick to in here because you get offered food so often and it's actually not bad. I'm a bit disappointed that my hydrotherapy was cancelled this morning. I've to be 48hrs clear of sickness before I can leave the room.

Im having a momentary panic that I've run out of packs or I will do before I see hubby again.

Vanilla for breakfast was nice. Bar for lunch then I might ask for hot water to do hot choc before bed.

Ive been on it a week perfectly but haven't been able to weigh in. It feels weird and I don't feel any different but I must've lost. It's impossible not to have.

It's almost the weekend. Keep plugging away!

Glad to hear the sickness has stopped and sorry to hear you are getting nasty comments about the packs. We all know that Exante is safe, as Mere said direct them to the website to get the correct information, I doubt they will take any notice but if they do it could stop them spouting off rubbish.

Hope your hubby manages to bring you some more packs, you are doing so well and will get such a lovely reward when you next weigh x

You are doing great Angel, well done on resisting temptation. Easy to eat when you get bored and hospital is one of the most boring places on earth. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Angel :)

So sorry to hear you've been poorly. Yes, it probably was just a bug :( Awful how people were to you about the packs, but can't say it's a surprise as people can be so ignorant about these things. Massive well done for a week back on track, especially as you are finding life in general difficult going right now. Well done to your hubby too for helping keep you on track in Costa :) Yes, you definitely will have lost weight :) Keep going. You are doing brilliantly, under difficult circumstances :) Won't be long until you are home and I'm sure this will help you feel a lot better xx

Thanks everyone. I might see if they will weigh me on the way back from physio tomorrow. I'm really chuffed that the shifts have changed and one nurse who last saw me on Saturday came in to see how I am. She backed me up saying it wasn't the packs because she'd noticed me getting poorly from Saturday. She does SW.

I'm fine and dandy now even though I've been stuck in the room for 48hours. I get to stay here with the private bathroom :). I also had two sets of lovely visitors today. Friends are coming Sunday and my hubby and son on Saturday if the family has managed to get stuff sorted for inspection Tuesday.

Diet has been 100%. I've had two shakes and a bar. Lots of water and two mugs of coffee.

Ive just enough stock left to get me through until Tuesday.

Now im making frantic lists for jobs to be done to make sure everything I need moved is done by Tuesday. Hubby has 3 pairs of helping hands and I don't want confusion. Someone even mentioned ripping up carpets which definitely is not the plan. Ok I admit it, I'm a control freak.

Have a a great night all xxx

Me too, control freaks of the world unite! x

Drum rollll the results are in... After my breakfast and physio and fully clothed including shoes I am now
:party0011: 20st2lb :party0011:

thats a a loss of 13lb from 21st 1 last Thursday. :D I actually asked them to check it twice. Especially as I've done nothing much more than lie in bed all week. Soooo chuffed. 19's here I come!

Drum rollll the results are in... After my breakfast and physio and fully clothed including shoes I am now :party0011: 20st2lb :party0011: thats a a loss of 13lb from 21st 1 last Thursday. :D I actually asked them to check it twice. Especially as I've done nothing much more than lie in bed all week. Soooo chuffed. 19's here I come!

Wow that's brilliant Angel! Really fantastic! You'll be in the 19s in no time! Woo!

Thanks Sheridan. I don't feel any different but the thrill of weighing just once this week is a big buzz. I know it's mostly what I put on when I came in but it's still my lowest so far this journey. :D

If it was a naked weight it might even be 20 and the thought crossed my mind but the scales are in the corridor and I didn't want to frighten the neighbours :)

i I got my maths wrong. It's 12lbs but I'll take that!

Excellent Angel fantastic you are well on your way down now. xxx

Looking again at what you said I think naked before breakfast, which is how most on here weigh themselves you must be easily in the 19s and now heading for the 18s is that not an exciting thought. You will be leaping on your own scales when you get home. ;-) x

Hehe if I stripped naked in this corridor it might prompt some rapid recovery from the gents in the ward opposite my room :) at least it's a spinal unit not a heart unit. :)

what a lovely thought to be in the 19's. I'm going to ask to be weighed once more next week before I leave but then I have no access to any scales so may have to resort to reporting measurements.

Time for a snooze, I'm wiped out. Will check diaries later. Have a great day all x

Enjoy your snooze Angel. xxx

Aaaarrgh just woke up after they brought my new timetable. I've been spark out. Gosh I feel hungry now though. I mustn't have drunk enough today. I do find bars make me feel less full in a day.

Fantastic weight loss :D So happy for you! What did they say about it in hospital? Hope it'll put some of those know it alls in their place ;) lol. Although prob not as they'll just say 'it's too fast' or something equally ignorant :D

Thanks Jayne. Actually I asked The nurse who weighed me last week for my records to do it again for me. No one else knows actually. After the rolling of eyes and tuts every time I turn down ordering lunch and dinner I've decided to let any weight loss just show itself visibly if it's noticable. I saw my surgeons this morning. They are astounded at how quickly my wounds healed so no one can say its inhibiting my recovery!

I saw the lady today in the ward who was so rude to me when I was sick. I was polite but said as little as possible. She's been on her own in the ward since I left.

Ive noticed that having a cup of coffee makes me feel hungrier. I've been trying it out all week. I looked it up and apparently it can make blood sugar drop and you crave food. I had no idea. True to form I had acoffee for lunch and was really hungry this afternoon.

Ive had lovely friends travel an hour to see me but strangely the one I thought would hasn't even made an effort to text except to tell me about her latest night out. I haven't seen her since I started this diet. She's going to get a shock if I'm slim when she next sees me. She didn't like it last time and really didn't like it when I got more attention than she did. She doesn't know I'm on exante again.

Have a super evening. X

Glad you are recovering so quickly. You obviously have some wonderful friends but I would not consider the one who can't even text as a friend. It is often surprising the people who comment favourably on weight loss and those who are either negative or don't seem to notice. You are doing so well and once you are fully recovered from the op you will feel the benefit of your weight loss not just in how you look but in how much easier everyday tasks will become. x

well done on your weight loss and I'm glad I was wrong about the packs hindering your recovery :)

the friend you haven't heard from, is it possible she doesn't know you're in hospital? seems odd otherwise.

Thanks Jael but she knows I'm here. The four of us (the two that visit, me and her) met over ten years ago. She occasionally texts and asks how I am but mostly just tells me what she's bought or that she's busy watching corrie. Odd because we used to talk regularly. She only seems to come out with us if there's something in it for her such as free tickets or food but can spend hundreds on a necklace and spend five hours shopping in matalan (no joke). The other two are coming again tomorrow. Everyone's different I guess.

Diet I'm having some bacon for breakfast. Apparently I need some sodium. I'll have some shakes the rest of the day.

Have a a lovely weekend x

Back