Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Day 14/80 official Saturday WI and I'm 19st6. That's 6lbs this week and the last of the water weight. Hopefully now it'll be fat all the way.

Week 3 is tough usually for me as I don't tend to lose week three while my body readjusts. There's a family christening at the same church and pub where my son was christened in September before I started this journey. It's in July. I would love to shift two more stone by then and actually get a nice family photo.

Have a a great day everyone. I'm going to try and notice how different Things are now 4 stone has gone. My son weighs less than two stone and he's so heavy!

I may not lose this week, either. You're doing so well. Yes, carrying a toddler is a very good indication of how heavy a couple of stones really are! x

78 days to go. I've decided to do my day counting as a countdown to the Christening to keep me on track. It feels better than trying to keep track of what day I'm on. I'm strange I know. If I'm really good I can lose about half a pound a day I know.

That means I will be in the 16's by the party and hopefully my favourite dress will just about fit, if I breathe in! It's a fifties style off the shoulder with flared skirt in brown and cream. I have a shrug as I hate my arms. I haven't worn it since 2010. It's an exciting prospect seeing all my family wearing what I wish I had been able to for my sons christening.

I had a shake for breakfast but by 11 felt so cold so I've had an orange bar for lunch with hot black coffee. It's taken me a while to adjust to black coffee but I actually prefer it now. Week 3 food cravings may be starting. It's all good news as I know when I get through this week then I will be using fat stores totally and I should be used to it by then.

As they say, it takes a month to establish a new pattern of life so it feels normal.

Last edited:
This is me at the start of this journey.
View attachment 172741
23st6

This is the dress I love, last worn in 2010.
image.jpg
14st

Last edited:
I just found this passage by a Dr about Ketogenic diets. I found it interesting.

"The thing to remember about ketosis is that it takes a few weeks for the body to become "keto-adapted*" and switch to burning ketones for fuel once carbohydrate consumption is lowered.

Also, carbohydrate intake levels have to be lowered enough (below 60 grams per day or lower depending on insulin resistance levels) for ketone bodies to be made at a level that the brain can use. If you only lower carbohydrate intake a little, then the ketotic process gets short circuited, and can't do its job of taking over as a fuel source.
Most unfavorable low carb studies which reported the "unhealthy effects" of a low carb diet were actually poorly designed, in that they weren't long enough to account for the "keto-adaptation" period, and they didn't cut carbohydrate intake low enough to ramp up ketosis to the protective amounts needed by the brain."

I guess it takes more than a week to really get burning the fat efficiently so it inspires me to stick with it and become as efficient as possible. There's a lot to get through! I wonder if this means my brain will start functioning again soon :)

Last edited:
When you couple low carb with low calorie ketosis sets-in far more quickly. A daily intake of 800 or fewer calories of pretty much any food will trigger ketosis in most people. So the combination of both factors makes for fast losses.

I really do think that 60g carbs per day are too many for my system. I am 'insulin resistent' to a degree and don't get the deep ketosis nor the faster losses UNLESS I reduce carbs to 20g-40g and also reduce calories. I experience deeper ketosis on 20g carbs per day and 1000/1200 calories than I do on 60-80g carbs per day and 800 calories. Naturally my weight loss on 1200 is slower than on 600-800! x

Counting down is such a good way to keep track as then there's a bit of panic when the time is slipping away. Keeps us on our toes :) x

I had my last shake but was feeling really dizzy and exhausted. I had 3 oven chips and some breaded cod, mostly cod. It's what my son had for dinner and we always sit together. He had peas too. I will just continue on.

ah. Edited to say I know why I'm whoozy. TOTM is due in the next two days. I've not had any choc cravings which is a first!

Last edited:
77 Days to Christening (and work).

Porridge start art on an awful rainy day. We have to travel this afternoon for a couple of hours. I don't really fancy being out in this. Diet wise I'm fine, just a bit flu like. Have a good day all.

Hope you feel better soon angel xx

Hi Angel 4 stones is a lot of weight. You have done so well. For some reason I can't see your before picture but your dress picture is lovely and I love the bit of smile I can see, you look really beautiful and I am sure you will get there again by September. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Angel :) Just had a mammoth catch up on your diary. You are doing amazingly well. Totally back on track now and the 18's won't be far away for you! Brilliant :) I usually find I get weight loss comments once I drop to a smaller size in clothes. The bigger ones being too loose just hide all your hard work! That dress looks really lovely on you. I can't see your before photo. You will be back into the dress soon enough I am sure :) Good luck for next weigh in :)

Hi Angel,

just caught up up on your diary. Sounds like you've had a busy time over the last few months, well done for checking in on here and getting back on plan and on the fabulous 4 stone loss, you're amazing! Well done to your little boy too on those first steps, bet there's no stopping him now, they grow so fast. My little girl is 18 months old and walking and chattering, she's a funny little thing. How's everything going with the lift and wet room? Keep up the great work!

Thanks all. Great to see you again poppy. I hope your son is ok Jayne and I'm looking forward to catching up on holiday news Mere!

Yesterday was crazy. I'm back at my house and the lifts in but stops half way. There's holes in the walls, flooring up, grit everywhere and the wet room hasn't started yet. My boy has his first day at nursery today just for an hour. He will have to go up to Newcastle and stay with his grandparents because I just can't let him roam free here.

Sneaky WI today I'm 19st3. :)

image.jpg

23st6 in October 2014
image.jpg
14st first goal

Last edited:
Great result Angel you will be in those 18s in no time. Pity about the mess but think how good it will feel to have a shower in the wet room once it is all finished. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yay well done on the loss Angel, those 18s are in sight! Sounds busy with your lift and wet room, it'll be worth it in the end though.

Wowie!! Well done angel :D look at your smile in the newest pic as well :) you deserve that smile! Gorgeous x

So pleased for you Angel, you're amazing & those 18s will soon be yours :D.

Love the dress too.

All the work at home will be worth it in the end. How did little one get on at nursery, bet he had fun x

76 days to go. Thanks Queen B and Susie. I hope to be in that dress by the christening in July. Might be tight though.

Little man had fun at nursery. I can't get in due to access but his Nana was gutted he didn't even look back at her and went straight to the lady who runs it. I'm pleased because he'll be happy and I know he's ok without me. It's a Montessori school, few pupils and they do a lot of activities which he will love and get used to other kids.

I had a mega clear out of my drawers and wardrobe yesterday. Being without access to it all for four months shows how little I need and how much room I need to make. A box and two big bags of clothes, including all the mostly brand new bras which never fit and have no chance now I'm a mum have gone to charity. I've also got rid of the stuff I wouldn't wear even if it did fit. I was horrified to see that my staple wardrobe go to items are badly pilled, have holes, pulls and are generally very scruffy and dull. So even though my comfiest jumper was in there a bin bag full went to the clothes recycling at the tip this morning.

It feels great to have had a bit of a clear out. It makes me feel more positive and realise I do have stuff to wear under all the rubbish. I can't wait until I open "the suitcase" which contains all my stuff I wore at 14stone. "The dress" is in the spare room Wardrobe.

Peanut bar and a strawberry shake down so far. I can't wait until I'm less than 100 to lose.

Have a great day everyone.

It really is an eye opener once we explore our wardrobes isn't it.
I cant believe how much stuff I have up there but never wear. I could honestly fit my regular wardrobe into a carrier bag.
Need to get these lbs off so that we can start wearing all that other clothing before the moths eat them lol x

Back