Angela's diary - Back again :)

Awwww, thanks Paula :)

I'm doing good! I put in my first hour of Callanetics yesterday and now I'm aching all over. I didn't think I was too bad until I nipped to the shops... half-way round Sainsburys I really started feeling sore. Ah well, at least my body knows it did something. Next workout is tomorrow, so I'd better stop aching v.soon!

I should really go heave the shopping out of the car. Whoops.

I'll be planting my butternut squash this afternoon as well as a tray of basil. According to my father-in-law, who is an absolute font of gardening knowledge, I needed to buy a proper packet of seeds if I want a decent chance of getting fruit, so I bought some this morning. (Apparently it's something to do with hybrids; I just latched onto the main point.)

Diet-wise everything is still going well. I did nick some of Lucas's lunch yesterday as he refused to eat it--baked pasta saved from our dinner the previous night--but I noted down the points for that, and TBH it didn't really make a dent in my day.

I've got some lamb mince to use up, so tonight we're going to have Weird Spag Bol, as Himself calls it. Oreichette pasta with lamb ragu and broccoli, is what I call it.

Brilliant!! Well done

Thanks, ladies!

Just finished doing a ton of housework and Himself is home early, so I'm looking forward to an afternoon of doing sod all and a nice tasty dinner :)

Life is good!

woohooo 3lbs is brilliant well done ! bet your really pleased with that!!!!!!!! .... You sound like your really motivated! Ive always wanted to try pilates but never actually got round to it! .. story of my life LOL ..

I want to do somthing that will tone my tummy and legs! .. any ideas? hehehe .. Have a wonderful week!

woohooo 3lbs is brilliant well done ! bet your really pleased with that!!!!!!!! .... You sound like your really motivated! Ive always wanted to try pilates but never actually got round to it! .. story of my life LOL ..

I want to do somthing that will tone my tummy and legs! .. any ideas? hehehe .. Have a wonderful week!

Thanks, Pixie!

I've tried Pilates and didn't like it. I'm trying out Callanetics--which is a little like Pilates--at the moment after seeing some fantastic results on another forum. It's bloody hard work, though!!

Well done you - 3lbs is fantastic :)

Thanks everyone!!

Been a busy weekend here... we've been working on the driveway in an effort to alter the slope of it so that it doesn't scrape the bottom of the car. Hopefully we've done enough sort that and to allow Himself to eventually get the sports car of his dreams on there. I had great fun helping lay tarmac for a little while, so I might even have earned an activity point :)

Still firmly sticking to the diet. It helps that MIL and FIL have gone on one too, so no roast dinners there for a while. They're doing Herbalife (which has admittedly worked for them in the past) and I feel really sorry for them with their shakes and an occasional treat of an apple. Oh well, mustardy pork and leek sauce for our dinner tonight. Mmmmmm!

It was lush. I should really post the recipe (from WW's Cook, Eat, Enjoy book.)

Today is going to be a quiet and tedious day. I've got a nasty dose of conjunctivitis in one eye and it's horribly sore, so I don't feel like going out or being particularly entertaining and playful for a toddler. On the plus side, I don't feel much like eating either!

Awww no hope you feell better soon hun, Dont starve yourself tho ;) cos your body wont get rid of anything! .. even its a little somthing,
Hope you feel better soon

xx

Thanks, you two :)

I belatedly realised that it wasn't conjunctivvitis--no gunk in the eye--so ran over to the chemists to get some steroid drops which are clearing up the inflammation nicely.

You'll be pleased to hear that I regained my appetite in time to make Gingered Chicken and Noodles for dinner :D Went over points by 1, but that'll be no problem to claw back today.

Today L and I have been to Jo Jingles where he started doing actions to some of the songs and played the cymbals for the first time. (Usually he just tries to eat them!) He's also 'helped' me do some laundry and start off a pot of beef stifado for dinner. He has also learned that sneaking a bit of raw garlic off the chopping board is a poor idea. Dramatic spluttering ensued ;) Still, he'll make a great commis chef for me in a few more years--he was so interested in everything that I was doing, so I had great fun explaining everything.

Early night for me tonight. Got to be at the GPs for 0910 to have blood taken. Apparently my cholesterol was very high in January. No ****! They took blood from me two days after I'd been at The Fat Duck for my birthday. I ate rather a lot of foie gras, and delicious it was too. Alas, they didn't listen, so I have to submit to the needle and inevitable bruising. I'd be surprised if it's elevated now, considering that I've been positively angelic for the last month!

Just been for a run around the park with my little boy. It's gloriously sunny and since I dragged him to the GPs twice today I thought we should do something Lucas-y to make up for the boredom. So we ran around, he chased me loads, and played a bit of hide and seek. (I cheat dreadfully, but it's for his own good :p)

My doctor is really pleased with my weight loss--apparently I am vibrant and energetic compared to the last time she saw me, so that's good :D

Himself is away tonight, but as compensation he went to M&S last night and bought me a CoU pizza which looks quite nice. Can't go wrong with mushrooms on a pizza! I've also got some lush ice-cream and a couple of films to watch, so I'll somehow manage to struggle through the night without him ;)

A late but deserved well done on your loss this week. Your doing really well so far.

I like to sit, watch a good film and have a skinny cow ice cream when I'm on my own and I also like to have a bag of frazzles and suck the flavour off of them (scary I know) but at 1 point a bag and only 1 1/2 for my ice cream its a great value treat.

Enjoy your evening.

XX

Back