Angela's diary - Back again :)

aww thats fab! my mum has her own little vegetable patch and its her baby.. shes so proud of it. I would love to follow in her footsteps and do the same but I am HOPELESS with all things alive and the only thing still going is my cat who refuses to give up! (im just kidding, i manage to look after her pretty well LOL :D)

hope you're having a good day! x

I managed to grow a bunch of butternut squash last year, but since the summer was so rubbish they weren't terribly tasty. They did look great, though! This year I'm going to grow some borlotti beans as I love them fresh and they're £5/kg in the farm shop :eek: Supposed to be much easier to grow than squash, so that's good. I just need to do the digging...

Today is a good day so far. I did struggle a little while giving Lucas his lunch. I usually pick at his leftovers or have some to try and persuade him that it's tasty, and I really, really wanted some of his chicken pasty today!!

B. Dorset cereal & skimmed milk 3.5pts
L. Sweet potato falafel wrap 6.5pts
D: Not sure yet. Probably chicken & couscous

I managed to grow a bunch of butternut squash last year, but since the summer was so rubbish they weren't terribly tasty. They did look great, though! This year I'm going to grow some borlotti beans as I love them fresh and they're £5/kg in the farm shop :eek: Supposed to be much easier to grow than squash, so that's good. I just need to do the digging...

Today is a good day so far. I did struggle a little while giving Lucas his lunch. I usually pick at his leftovers or have some to try and persuade him that it's tasty, and I really, really wanted some of his chicken pasty today!!

B. Dorset cereal & skimmed milk 3.5pts
L. Sweet potato falafel wrap 6.5pts
D: Not sure yet. Probably chicken & couscous

I love butternut squash! Do you have it roasted?

Hope your having a good day xx

I do roast the squash---far nicer that way.

I was having a good day until one of our friends (who we'd invited round for a Burns Supper) suddenly realised that meant haggis. You'd think I was proposing to kill kittens at the dinner table from all the fuss. And the irritating thing is that he's eaten faggots galore while growing up, which is essentially the same thing minus oats!!! All I wanted to do was have a nice meal with friends and celebrate a little, since we were all really ill over Christmas and New Year and haven't had any fun at all.

I just feel like calling off the whole thing as I'm now really tearful and pissed off.

On the plus side, I'm too irritated to comfort eat.

Another good day so far.

Had lunch with a friend and her little girl at the pub, and had a surprisingly healthy chicken salad. I've pointed it as 7.5 which is definitely more than it was. There was NO dressing and I'd say about a large chicken breast worth of meat, and about 30g cooked pasta with loads of salad veg, cucumber and tomato.

And now I shall go and tidy the kitchen followed by a blueberry muffin (2.5) and maybe a hot chocolate...

7.5 is a safe estimate for your salad :) and haggis is lovely - i am with you on the wondering side of why people kick up such a fuss! Does he eat black pudding too?

I am very hungry at this moment in time and my mouth is now watering at the idea of roasted butternut squash.. i have never had it bar in a soup.. but it sounds GORGEOUS!

everyone is eating falafel wraps too.. i have to say i love falafels.. so glad they have been removed from the deli lines so i cant be so tempted! Shame i'm still tempted by pretty much everything else.. haha :D

blueberry muffin and hot chocolate is a good idea :D which hot chocolate do you use? As much as i like cadburys highlights, I have to admit the options belgian hot chocolate is so much nicer!

glad you're still going strong! x

7.5 is a safe estimate for your salad :) and haggis is lovely - i am with you on the wondering side of why people kick up such a fuss! Does he eat black pudding too?

I'm pretty sure he does. I seem to remember making him fry-ups with black pud in the past. He's such a big baby at times and still hasn't said whether he's coming or not. Grr.

I am very hungry at this moment in time and my mouth is now watering at the idea of roasted butternut squash.. i have never had it bar in a soup.. but it sounds GORGEOUS!

Oh, you must try it! I always have a bag of pre-roasted squash lurking in the freezer so that I can stir it into risotto, make a pasta sauce, stuff pasta, or just heat and blitz to make a v.low point mash. I do roast it in olive oil rather than frylight, though. You don't get the nice caramelised edges with frylight and it always tastes... soggy.

everyone is eating falafel wraps too.. i have to say i love falafels.. so glad they have been removed from the deli lines so i cant be so tempted! Shame i'm still tempted by pretty much everything else.. haha :D

I made my own low-point ones using sweet potatoes as the base, and they're lush. I need to see if they'll freeze well, but I can't see why not. Then I can have delicious lunches whenever!

which hot chocolate do you use? As much as i like cadburys highlights, I have to admit the options belgian hot chocolate is so much nicer!

glad you're still going strong! x

We're an Options household. I quite like the 'jazzy ginger' one, although I can't say I felt especially jazzy after having one. The white chocolate one is absolutely rubbish, though!

And thank-you! :D

Hello, Keisha! *waves*

Today has been a bit more challenging. Lucas spent most of the day lurching from one telling-off to another. I have never wanted to be a 'shouty mummy' and now that he's hit the Terrible Twos, I suddely am. Joy.

I really, really wanted to comfort eat, but I didn't, so I'm proud of myself for that at any rate.

B. 2 small slices of wholegrain toast plus 20g peanut butter. 4.5pts
L. mug of chickpea soup, orange & sultana crispy slices and a WW mini carrot cake 7.5pts (Not great, but it did the job.)
D. Pasta with home-cured pancetta, leeks and mushrooms 10pts and probably a slice of maple cheesecake if it's chilled enough (if so, 4pts)

Even if I do have the cheesecake, it still leave me with 4pts to spend, so I might have a glass of wine with dinner.

DH is out tonight, so I foresee an evening of watching crap films or maybe I'll watch some Poirot on DVD. I'll have fun at any rate! :D

Oh, and the Burns Supper is on. Huzzah!

Not hugely diet-friendly, I'm afraid, but as it's the day before my birthday I'm not that bothered. I'm very much looking forward to haggis as it's a real pain to get hold of at any other time of the year. (I should really freeze it...) And I'm going to do a cranachan cheesecake for pud, mainly because I don't have four spare wineglasses and also because it's a nice modern update on the dish!

I shall have to be very, very good for the rest of the week!

I'm pretty sure he does. I seem to remember making him fry-ups with black pud in the past. He's such a big baby at times and still hasn't said whether he's coming or not. Grr.

Oh, you must try it! I always have a bag of pre-roasted squash lurking in the freezer so that I can stir it into risotto, make a pasta sauce, stuff pasta, or just heat and blitz to make a v.low point mash. I do roast it in olive oil rather than frylight, though. You don't get the nice caramelised edges with frylight and it always tastes... soggy.

I made my own low-point ones using sweet potatoes as the base, and they're lush. I need to see if they'll freeze well, but I can't see why not. Then I can have delicious lunches whenever!

We're an Options household. I quite like the 'jazzy ginger' one, although I can't say I felt especially jazzy after having one. The white chocolate one is absolutely rubbish, though!

And thank-you! :D

Ginger? what an odd sounding combination! I agree on the white chocolate one.. it tastes kind of like warm milk but as if it has sugar stirred in.. i couldnt even get halfway down the cup!

You are full of great ideas.. I have committed these all to memory - yum! :D thank you!

and as for the OH.. just give him a clip round the ear haha :D

Hello, Keisha! *waves*

Today has been a bit more challenging. Lucas spent most of the day lurching from one telling-off to another. I have never wanted to be a 'shouty mummy' and now that he's hit the Terrible Twos, I suddely am. Joy.

I really, really wanted to comfort eat, but I didn't, so I'm proud of myself for that at any rate.

B. 2 small slices of wholegrain toast plus 20g peanut butter. 4.5pts
L. mug of chickpea soup, orange & sultana crispy slices and a WW mini carrot cake 7.5pts (Not great, but it did the job.)
D. Pasta with home-cured pancetta, leeks and mushrooms 10pts and probably a slice of maple cheesecake if it's chilled enough (if so, 4pts)

Even if I do have the cheesecake, it still leave me with 4pts to spend, so I might have a glass of wine with dinner.

DH is out tonight, so I foresee an evening of watching crap films or maybe I'll watch some Poirot on DVD. I'll have fun at any rate! :D

well done for resisting temptation - i know how difficult it is when you're stressed out with one thing and another - hope your Lucas settles down a little.

I vote glass of wine and cheesecake with Poirot DVD.. love it! :D

Ginger? what an odd sounding combination! I agree on the white chocolate one.. it tastes kind of like warm milk but as if it has sugar stirred in.. i couldnt even get halfway down the cup!

It's not that odd, really. Ginger and dark chocolate is a classic combination. Actually, I'd love it if they did a darker chocolate version!

You are full of great ideas.. I have committed these all to memory - yum! :D thank you!

Thanks! I'm always full of food ideas, which is quite obviously not very good for my weight. I'm not sure my dreams of re-training as a chef would too sensible!

and as for the OH.. just give him a clip round the ear haha :D

It wasn't even my OH! It was one of the guests! And now we've established that he'll eat haggis after much comparison to faggots and promising that there is no actual stomach involved these days. Honestly. Although, I've now discovered that his missus doesn't like whisky :8855: You've got to laugh, really. I'll just set aside some of the whisky cream sauce before boozing it up for everyone else. Next culinary irritation, please!

well done for resisting temptation - i know how difficult it is when you're stressed out with one thing and another - hope your Lucas settles down a little.

He was very sweet just before going to bed, so hopefully a good sleep will sort him out!

I vote glass of wine and cheesecake with Poirot DVD.. love it! :D

I have wine, and I have Poirot. The cheesecake needs a while longer in the fridge so I'll just have some tomorrow :D

WI tomorrow and I'm really nervous, even though I've had a great week. I hope I've lost something as I'm feeling really miserable and porky today :(

I ordered some new glasses today and the mirrors at the opticians revealed my chins and I just felt so awful and embarrassed. Still, the glasses did look good. Or, at least I think they looked good. I just don't know anymore.

Hopefully I'll be more cheerful in the morning!

your body could very well just be making up for a bigger loss last week - i tend to find my losses come big then small, small, big, small, big, small, small etc..

never two incredibly big together unless its post-binge/off diet weeks where i think the loss is mainly water..

1lb is still really good, and you should look at it like this.. in 2 weeks on WW, they reckon 2-4lbs is a healthy amount of weight to lose.. you've infact lost on average 2.5lbs per week, so you are still above where they reckon you should be.

You should make yourself an excel sheet if you havent already, and put a graph on it.. every time i feel down I always open it up and have a good look :) really helps me feel better! :)

hope you are feeling more positive today xxx

Hi there.

Did you know you can get vegetarian haggis? and its actually quite nice too.

I would be one of those irritating dinner guests too as I hate sauces, puddings etc with spirits in - even a little bit I can taste and it puts me right off....

Well done on sticking to plan even with a two yr old. They can be very cute and VERY trying. xx

Thank-you, both!

I'm feeling much more perky now, albeit knackered from blitzing the house this morning. Do WW give any activity points for housework? I feel like I deserve one :D

LRO---I know that you can get vegetarian haggis, but I just couldn't figure out why he was baulking at haggis since he happily eats faggots. Tis all sorted now, after assuring him that no stomachs are involved these days. It should be a fun evening!

My wee man has gone out with his Auntie for most of the day, so now that the house is done, I can just lounge around and do bugger all if I want. Which is awesome. If the sun comes out again, I might go out for a walk with my camera and see what I can see :)

ooh sounds fun! :D post up some pictures if you get chance? :) x

Alas, it's been pishing rain for most of the day, so my forays outdoors have just been dashes for the car. Bah humbug!

B. Mullerlight vanilla w/chocolate 1.5pts

L: Sweet potato falafel wrap 7pt
WW Cheese puff crisp things 1pt

D: Braised sausages with Puy lentils & winter veg 7pt (Horrid, horrid sausages. Never buying those ones again. Yuck.)
Gleaming maple cheesecake plus 1 tbsp extra maple syrup 4.5pts

S: Packet of dolly mixtures 6pts

Still got 2pts left. Might bank them as I'm not sure what to spend them on.

Its a right pain when you get a day to yourself and it ends up a washout - in your case, quite literally.

Your menu sounds good. Oh the joys of 27points....you get lots of lovely things to eat! xx

Its a right pain when you get a day to yourself and it ends up a washout - in your case, quite literally.

Your menu sounds good. Oh the joys of 27points....you get lots of lovely things to eat! xx

Despite the dire weather predictions for today, it is really lovely outside. So to make up for yesterday's washout we all went out for a walk today. While we were out I discovered a duck pond and playground, so I can see Lucas and I heading there quite often! We did 2 miles, but as it was at toddler 'stop and look at everything' pace, it doesn't really count as exercise. Loads of fun, though. Especially jumping in muddy puddles! And I've just realised that I forgot to take my camera. Doh!

B: 2 slices toast (2.5pts), 20g peanut butter (2pts), 250ml skimmed milk (1pt) = 5.5pts
L: Sweet potato falafel wrap =7pts
D: Chilli con carne (4) 70g basmati rice (3.5) = 7.5pts
S: Geo bar 2pts

Still got loads, and I might not have a full-size portion of chilli. I put so much veggies in it that it should probably serve 6 :)

Back