Angela's diary - Back again :)

i have her very old "complete cooking" guide and i live from it.. i was tempted by the frugal food book just because I am a serial cookbook buyer and wanted it for my shelf more than anything.. i follow alot of her free recipes off her website too :) got 0 point celery and celeriac soup from her and its gorgeous :)

i have her very old "complete cooking" guide and i live from it.. i was tempted by the frugal food book just because I am a serial cookbook buyer and wanted it for my shelf more than anything.. i follow alot of her free recipes off her website too :) got 0 point celery and celeriac soup from her and its gorgeous :)

Yeah, her Cookery Collection was (and still is) very good.

I'm a cookbook collector, too, but this one just doesn't tempt me. There is quite a bit excerpt from it in this month's Delicious magazine and nothing looked particularly good.

My most recent buy is Fabulous Food by Sophie Michell, which looks great. I'll still reduce the oil in the recipes, but everything looks very tasty and WW-friendly.

ooh will have a look out for it :D i'm very much a Nigella fan.. my mate has her books and as i used to live with her i used to pour over them all the time! She used to complain that they werent really meant to be properly read! :D

ooh will have a look out for it :D i'm very much a Nigella fan.. my mate has her books and as i used to live with her i used to pour over them all the time! She used to complain that they werent really meant to be properly read! :D

I'm a big Nigella fan, too. I often say that she'd make millions (more) if she brought out a low-fat book. Still, her savoury recipes are easy enough to lower points.

Today has been a good day (other than having a cold.) We went shopping and Dave bought Guitar Hero, so I imagine that I'll spend some time playing tonight. Only the one guitar at the moment, alas, but we'll get another when Metallica Guitar Hero comes out in May!

B: Porridge w/raisins and maple syrup 5pts
L: Mexican chicken wrap 5pts
D: Salmon fillet with pea purée, lemon broth & new potatoes 10pts
Snacks: a little WW Victoria sponge which was quite nice. 1.5pts

Still got 7.5pts to play with. Lucky me!

Just butting in on the restaurants - Delias in Norwich is fab and very reasonably priced! They only have set menu and it is also open Friday and saturday night only - i think its about 30 per head for a choice of 3 starters/main/desserts or cheese plus coffee. From what i c an remember drinks and wine werent too bad either. House wine (which was good) was bout 25 a bottle which for a place like that is ok.

The food was excellent - have been quite fortunate and have eaten in some very nice places (and very expensive) and too be honest this was good especially for the cost!!!

Oh, I'm sure it's lovely, Donna (and I'm pleased to hear that football is not compulsory!) Delia's just not my cup of tea these days. And don't worry about butting in!

Right, time to put the monster to bed :)

To be honest, she's not mine either!!! The only upside is its within driving distance to get a good meal and in comparison to the prices at Jamie Oliver, Rick Stein etc Delia is good value!!!!

Not that i will be going for a while - dont think i could work out the points in theses dishes!!!

I just try to eat out on Saturdays, then I have the entire week to atone for whatever excesses I get up to :)

Today I am loving Weight Watchers. A lot.

B: "Oatmeal-raisin cookie porridge" 5pts (My usual porridge with the addition of raisins, cinnamon and a good dash of vanilla extract. It was so good.)
L: Wrap stuffed with roasted butternut squash, 25g dolcelatte and salad. 5.5pts. Absolutely delicious!
D: Minced lamb pie from the latest WW magazine. 7pts

I've also just baked a tin of flapjacks from a WW cookbook, so I'm feeling quite spoiled.

Mmm... the flapjacks were awesome. More than half the tin is gone already, and I can only take the blame for 2 pieces. Lucas said they were better than chocolate cake which is high praise for him!

Today looks like it will be sunny and dry---a bit of a novelty, really! So I might take Lucas out for a walk and just pray that he doesn't get too muddy :)

ooh sounds lovely! what was the minced lamb pie like? was looking into making it at some point..

as for the flapjacks.. any chance of a post of the recipe please? :D

hope you have a lovely day today out in the sunshine! xxx

ooh sounds lovely! what was the minced lamb pie like? was looking into making it at some point..

It was really nice!! Will definitely make it again. Rubbish name for a pie, though. I'd rename it to Middle Eastern Lamb Pie :)

as for the flapjacks.. any chance of a post of the recipe please? :D

Raisin flapjacks

Cuts into 10.
3pts a piece

125g demerara sugar
125g low-fat polyunsaturated margerine (flora light)
3 level tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon mixed spice
50g raisins
200g porridge oats

Preheat oven to 190C (fan 170C). Line 20cm (8") square tin with baking parchment, leaving an overhang.

Melt sugar, spread & honey together over low heat. When you can no longer feel the sugar on the base of the pan, turn out the heat and mix in the other ingredients.

Spread evenly in tin. Press down with back of a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes.

Cool 5 mins, then mark into 10 pieces. Leave to cool in tin.

hope you have a lovely day today out in the sunshine! xxx

If we ever get out! We are anxiously awaiting the postman, but there's every chance that he may have been past with nothing for us. I remember when the post used to be reliable...

Speak of the devil! Postman Pat has arrived with Dave's new contract. Hurrah! Curry for tea to celebrate, I think!

thanks so much for that Ange :) so did you end up getting out?

any snow your way today? xxx

Had a lovely day so far... went to the zoo this morning which was even more fun than usual. To celebrate 200 years since Darwin's birth, they were doing free entry for anyone wearing a beard. Real or false. There were some magnificent beards on show!! (I did wonder why the carpark was heaving on such a cold day.)

So, lots of walking around and running after Lucas who seemed determined to throw himself into the ponds today. Hopefully it will be reflected in the scales tomorrow!

I am really anxious about WI. My period has turned up, which is not only painful but inconvenient as I had booked for a smear test tomorrow. (Have miriena so rarely have periods anymore.) I am feeling bloated, ouchy, and I really want a good loss this week. *sigh* We shall see.

B: Porridge with pear and vanilla 4.5
L: Roasted squash wrap 5.5
D: Leek & gruyere tart 5 or 10pts depending on how hungry I am.

is that the tart from the ww mag too? it looks lovely so you will have to let me know how it turns out :) x

thanks so much for that Ange :) so did you end up getting out?

any snow your way today? xxx

Crossed posts!

I didn't go out in the end, but Dave and Lucas went to feed the ducks.

And no snow today, thank god. There was a heavy frost and all the ponds at the zoo were frozen. The pelicans and flamingos were having fun :)

Can I have a drum roll, please?

I lost four pounds this week. I had to drag Dave out of bed to check what the scale said :) And here was me fretting all night that I'd put on. Hooray!

Today's food.

B: Nature's treasure muesli +125ml skimmed milk 5pt
L: Roasted squash wrap 5.5pt
D: Leek & gruyere tart. 5-10pts, depending on greed.

I should have made the tart last night, but I wound up taking my sore tummy to bed v.early. So I'm making ze tart just now!

well done! thats fantastic Ange :D you're doing so well! xxx

Back