Angela's diary - Back again :)

Your plans for the weekend sound great and the gingered chicken ....delicious.

Are you Scottish then - with the little boxes of tablet (I love tablet. I was at a meeting in Glasgow on Monday and they gave you a big chunk of it with your coffee....how cruel is that?)

You seem to have a really good attitude to this weight loss lark - good for you. x

Yep, I'm Scottish :) And, alas, I have an incredible capacity for eating tablet! I used to make pans and pans of it for bake sales and Christmas food baskets. Gorgeous but deadly :D Just like me, really :8855:

I cannot believe that they sit and have tablet at meetings in Glasgow! Have they somehow discovered how to make it zero point?? If they did that down in Bristol, then I'd be off to a meeting like a shot!

I'm trying to take a more realistic approach to weight-loss this time round. 'Normal' people have parties and occasions where they eat indulgently. I think the trick is to view it as a treat and go back to eating normally (or counting points in my/our case) the next day and try to compensate by banking or exercising. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir. We'll see how well my theory works this weekend!!

Well done on losing seven lb and getting your silver seven

Thank-you, Keisha!

Well done on your silver seven :)

Thank-you!

The Burns Supper is done and dusted and it was awesome. Well worth the points banking that I'll be doing for the rest of the week. And I've converted two people to the wonders of haggis :D And they had seconds!

Today I shall be making some butternut squash ravioli and then trying to work out the points for a tasty yet low-point sauce. That may be an oxymoron. We shall see!

B: 2 slices wholegrain toast + 20g peanut butter 4.5pt
L: ?? Lucas ate/wasted my last wrap, so I have no idea what I'll be eating!
D: Butternut squash ravioli

And for exercise, I shall be running around after Lucas and his cousin all afternoon, so I should probably go and make pasta dough now while I have energy :)

It's my birthday today!

And as my present we're off to Gidleigh Park on Saturday for dinner. I foresee another week of banking points, but I don't care as I know it'll be fabulous :D

Today's been a bit odd as I was up early as Lucas wanted me to open presents instead of having a lie-in, and then I've been out all afternoon ferrying people about. I only just had lunch!!

B: 2 slices toast plus 20g peanut butter 4.5pts; 2/3 of rhubarb mullerlight 1pt
L: Toasted English muffin, slice of ham, large egg, ELF mayo 6pts
D: Chargrilled steak with roasted butternut squash and shallots, on a bed of baby spinach 7.5pts

And I picked up some frozen yoghurt, so there shall be dessert, too. Hooray!

There's nothing like a toddler's incessant questions to wind me up. Why daddy gone? Where daddy gone in the daddy car? What that funny noise? Cute for the first few minutes and then really, really annoying. I really hate repeating myself.

Ah well, he's going down for a nap in a minute and then I can try and become zen-like...

B: 2 slices wholegrain toast w/20g peanut butter 4.5pts
L: Eventually will be sweet potato falafel in a wrap with sweet chilli sauce and aioli 7pts
Alas, 1pt for a bite of pasty I snaffled when the monster was being particularly annoying.
D: Not sure yet. Pasta with something.

Need to save another 4pts today to make up for all the haggis I ate at the weekend, so I'd imagine that I'll be eating plenty of veggies.

Stayed the same this week, which is what I was aiming for. So, that's cool.

I have toothache, so that should help curb any over-eating until I get to the dentist on Monday. Hopefully it won't spoil my enjoyment of Gidleigh Park, especially as I've wanted to go there for years!!

Well done on your STS. Hope your toothache is better soon xx

Thanks, Donna! I hope so, too. It's by no means painful. Just an ache and a slight sore bit on a gum. Hopefully it's just something completely daft like a sesame seed stuck under my gum!

B: Geo bar 2pts
L: Sweet potato falafel wrap 7pts; WW choc mini roll 2pts
D: Burger and chips, WW style 9.5pts (adding extra chips to the recipe.)

Last edited:
Had a fantastic meal last night and now it's back to dieting reality! (I'd tell you all about it, but that would just be mean.)

B: Geo bar (whilst dashing out the door to collect Lucas from Auntie's house) 2pts
L: Falafel wrap 6pts plus granola bar 3pts
D: Pasta bake with either meatballs or bolognese. I'm leaning towards bolognese out of sheer laziness atm. (Plus kitchen is freezing.)

Looks like I'll have a busy week ahead of me. Dentists, toddler groups, probably a trip to London and I think I'm going out on Friday night. Hopefully I shall be too busy to snack ;)

happy birthday! :D for a few days back.. sorry havent had chance to catch up! did you have a great day? :D

your butternut squash ravioli sounds yum.. any chance of a post of the recipe please? :D

well done on your STS as well, thats fab! :) hope you're okay and the toothache isnt too bad xxx

happy birthday! :D for a few days back.. sorry havent had chance to catch up! did you have a great day? :D

I did have a lovely day, and had a very lovely meal down in Devon. (Thankfully before the snow hit!)

your butternut squash ravioli sounds yum.. any chance of a post of the recipe please? :D

I based it on Bea's recipe here: Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli — Ravioli à la courge musquée et sauge | La Tartine Gourmande

well done on your STS as well, thats fab! :) hope you're okay and the toothache isnt too bad xxx

Oh god, I'd almost forgotten about that. I am so embarassed. It turns out that it was a sesame seed or similar caught under the gum of my wisdom tooth. (The tooth is still partially covered by gum, you see.) So, that got plucked out by the dentist and a couple of days of Bonjela later, I am pain-free. And very relieved, I might add!

This week I have managed to lose 1lb! I am thrilled as while my birthday dinner wasn't huge, I did indulge in the accompanying wine flight. So god knows how many points that was!!

B: Porridge with dried pear and maple syrup 5.5pts (would be 4.5 if I'd used skimmed milk)
L: Mexican chicken wrap 5pts plus a yoghurt, I think 1.5pts
D: Either spinach & garlic pilaf or Pork with fennel and caper sauce.

well done on your loss Ange thats brilliant :D did you enjoy your birthday dinner? xxx

well done honey!! So glad it was a loss, great way to top off a birthday week! :D

well done on your loss Ange thats brilliant :D did you enjoy your birthday dinner? xxx

I did! It was all perfectly balanced so that we finished our meal and didn't feel stuffed at the end of it. I can't remember the last time I went out for a meal and felt energised afterwards. Had some amazing pigeon and foie gras :D

Well done Angela on the 1lb loss this week. Great that you can lose and have a great birthday dinner....WW is totally brill for that x

It really is brilliant! I love that nothing is forbidden and I can still live a normal, but healthier life.

well done honey!! So glad it was a loss, great way to top off a birthday week! :D

Thanks, Jen!!

~*~
The novelty of the snow has definitely worn off for me. I saw plenty of it when I was little, so a day's worth is nice for nostalgia but anything more is just annoying. (Plus, as England isn't used to this amount, there's no gritting on residential roads, even the main ones. Can you say 'ice rink'? I'm used to the pavements being cleared & gritted, as well as the roads, so this is a bit of a shock.)

Plus, I really want to make an appointment for a smear but it seems ridiculous to do so, when the roads are still so dangerous to drive on. Dying on the way to a potentially life-saving appointment is the very definition of irony. (It is amazing how the Jade Goody situation has motivated women. I'd forgotten all about getting a smear.)

Grumbles aside, I reckon today will be a good day. I have yummy food planned and I can hear the happy drip of snow and ice melting! I can also hear the happy sound of a Lucas singing "the piggies on the bus go oink-oink-oink". I'm told that they're off to market--clever boy!

B: 1/2 slice toast with peanut butter 1.5pts (I couldn't bear to see Lucas waste it) plus porridge 4.5pts
L: Tomato soup with bread (haven't worked out points yet, but the bread will be 3pts)
D: Jerk chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and mangetout 8pts plus rhubarb floating islands (4ish, depending how much sugar in compote)

as always your food has me dribbling.. especially pigeon - never tried but would love to! Where did you go out to then?

Also just have to say that i nodded in total agreement at saving the peanut butter on toast.. loads of points but i couldnt have wasted it either - i cant even have peanut butter in the house cause i spread it on so thickly its unreal!

as always your food has me dribbling.. especially pigeon - never tried but would love to! Where did you go out to then?

We went to Gidleigh Park in Dartmoor. I'd go again, but I wouldn't rush back like I would with Gordon Ramsay. It was all technically flawless cooking and very delicious, but just lacked that spark.

Also just have to say that i nodded in total agreement at saving the peanut butter on toast.. loads of points but i couldnt have wasted it either - i cant even have peanut butter in the house cause i spread it on so thickly its unreal!

I weigh it out every time that I have it... dangerous stuff, PB!

Of course, as soon as I brought out my bowl of porridge, Lucas came over and snaffled half of it. *sigh*

I shall waste away at this rate!! :8855:

oh wow, just look at that building! i would love to go there! Also, just seen the picture of the bathtubs (i am a bathtub fiend... :p) and am considering requesting a weekend away for my birthday now haha! :D

i have never been to any of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants.. i would love to go to Delia's which is in Norwich somewhere if I'm not mistaken?

oh wow, just look at that building! i would love to go there! Also, just seen the picture of the bathtubs (i am a bathtub fiend... :p) and am considering requesting a weekend away for my birthday now haha! :D

i have never been to any of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants.. i would love to go to Delia's which is in Norwich somewhere if I'm not mistaken?

I'd start saving. The room rate at Gidleigh is eyewateringly high!! Gordon Ramsay (Chelsea) is absolutely amazing, and the lunch menu is very good value, especially as his prices have dropped due to the credit crunch.

Delia's restaurant is the one at Norwich Football Club, so you may have to watch football to eat there *shudder* I can't say that I'm overly fond of her these days, especially after the whole 'how to cheat at cooking' debacle. I cannot believe that she's reprinting even more old (and v.boring) recipes in 'Frugal Food' to try and capitalise on the credit crunch. Hmm... I may be frothing at the mouth. Whoops.

(I did like her How to Cook series. If only she'd stuck to teaching people how to cook properly...)

Back