Angela's diary - Back again :)

exercise is still exercise.. you could count it as low intensity and bank a few points for it :)

your menu sounds lovely as always.. are you a chef?

exercise is still exercise.. you could count it as low intensity and bank a few points for it :)

your menu sounds lovely as always.. are you a chef?

Aww, thank-you! That's really nice of you to say. No, I'm not a chef. I'm trying to break into the food writing business and have kept a food blog on and off for a few years. Alas, food writing and skinniness don't go hand in hand!

I would love to be a pastry chef though. Perhaps when Lucas goes to school!!

pastry chef sounds like a hard thing to diet on! what a killer job that would be! :D

either way though, your food menu still looks / sounds like a chef's menu :D x

Just discovered that a Curves has opened about 15 mins away from here. I got all excited until I called my friend who works at one in Reading and discovered how much it would cost, and also that there would be a minimum contract. *sigh* Can't afford that, so I shall stick with walking until I win the lottery.

Tonight we're having a Mediterranean Chicken Bake from Irresistable magazine, albeit tweaked a little as I just can't help myself ;) It's only 6.5pts so I'll have loads leftover, despite eating well all day. I may have to bank some, even though I always prefer to eat all my points.

You know... I think spring might have sprung. It's a lovely day here. Slightly crisp and bright, bright sunshine. We went for a walk in the park and played lots on the slide after Jo Jingles this morning and we might take the stale bread to the ducks this afternoon.

B: a low-fat chocolate brownie 2.5pts (I know, I know. But no milk and Lucas ate the yoghurt I'd wanted)
L: pastrami deli wrap with loads of salad veggies 4pts
D: a ready-meal, alas, as we're recording our podcast and won't be done till late. Think it's 6pts but will check.

And now that the beast has gone down for a nap, I can make my wrap with no fear that half of it will disappear into someone else's tummy! Huzzah!

well done hun.
I would love to join curves gym but not really sure how much they charge.
I need to get back to the gym.

well done hun.
I would love to join curves gym but not really sure how much they charge.
I need to get back to the gym.

Each one is different as they're franchises, but according to my friend it would be about £60 to join and a further £30 per month. Which is cheaper than some gym memberships but for, it feels like loads.

Just come back from a walk with DH and Lucas. That's twice this week!! I've said that I'll go for another walk on Friday, so hopefully this will be the beginning of an exercise habit.

B: yoghurt 1.5
L: 0pt soup, plus swirl of 1/2 fat creme fraiche for 1.5pts.
D: Chilli beef enchiladas (4pt for chilli con carne, 8.5pts [depending on how many tortillas it fills] for tortillas, and probably 2pts for cheese) 14.5pts

That actually leaves me with quite a few points to play with, so I might have some oatcakes and cheese this afternoon.

I had a sneaky hop on the scales this morning (I know, I know) and I was 2lb down, so hopefully I'll lose again this week. I'm trying to treat this latest round of WW as a lifestyle change, so I'm very pleased to be eating more fruit and less fat, but seeing the scales plummet is still a bloody good motivator!!

Right. Got my haggises. One to stab at the table (and provide leftovers for Lucas who adores haggis) and one to plate up prettily. I'm glad I got them today as there weren't many. I guess my supermarket doesn't think there are many Scots in the area!

WI tomorrow morning and I'm nervous as usual. I think I've lost, but who knows what the scales will tell me.

B. Chocolate brownie 2.5pts
L: Pastrami deli wrap w/salad 4pts plus choc mini roll for 2pts
D: Teriyaki salmon with stirfry vegetables and jasmine rice 8.5pts
Snacks: Geo bar 2pts; choc orange Options 0.5pts

Thanks, Fuzzyrella :)

It appears that Lucas is trying to help Mummy lose weight. I put down my cereal bar for a minute to get a tissue and when I picked it up again, half was missing! Cheeky wee boy!

Yep :D And he's just dragged me up to do the dance-y bit at the end of In The Night Garden which was fun. It almost makes up for him pouring his beaker of water all over my magazine clippings. Almost. At least toddlers are never boring!

hello you! good luck for your WI :) just want to say, as always your menus have me dribbling over here! :p

your littl'un sounds hilarious, though obviously i feel for you cause I would be ripping my hair out everytime they did something like that, even though it is a little bit funny! :p

hope you have a nice day :) xxx

Thank-you, Rach and Rosie!

I am very happy today as I've lost another 2lb, which takes me to 7lb in three weeks! :D Hooray!

I've had a lovely day... Got a slight lie-in this morning, then did toddlers with Lucas followed by a trip to HobbyCraft. So, I now have some Black Watch tartan, random tartan ribbon, and sprigs of fake heather. For once, I'm making an effort and decorating the table. There shall even be tiny boxes of tablet---well, crumbly fudge. I couldn't face traipsing to Thorntons for some, and I don't trust myself not to scoff it all if I make a batch---tied with tartan ribbon. I will unfortunately be spending most of tonight in the kitchen baking bread and making cheesecakes, but I'll have a great time doing it.

B: Toast & jam 2
L: Spicy chicken wrap with salsa and salad veggies 4
D: Gingered chicken with noodles 10.5

I'm trying not to snack too much today as I'm going to need to bank points this week. Given that there'll be cream and plenty of wine flowing on Saturday, I'll be very happy to STS next week, and possibly the week after that. I know I'm doing something next weekend for my birthday and knowing Dave, it'll probably be a meal somewhere nice. I shall have to be angelic for a couple of weeks!

Your plans for the weekend sound great and the gingered chicken ....delicious.

Are you Scottish then - with the little boxes of tablet (I love tablet. I was at a meeting in Glasgow on Monday and they gave you a big chunk of it with your coffee....how cruel is that?)

You seem to have a really good attitude to this weight loss lark - good for you. x

Back