Angel's Family Meals Diary

Angeldel

I'm trying to incorporate my healthy eating plan with cooking for the whole family and surprisingly they haven't really noticed the change! I started slimming world this time after a break of some 10 years to encourage my daughter who had recently started.

Made the magic pancakes today, 3 eggs, made enough for about 6 pancakes for my daughter and I. We had them with sliced strawberries and were nice, but can imagine they would be lovely with lemon and sugar/sweetener.

Planning on sausage (from local butcher 1/2 syn each) actifry chips and onion gravy for tea tonight.

Made asparagus soup for lunch.

Serves 1

Dry fried some chopped onion with frylight and added a little water to stop it burning. Added a bunch of asparagus with the woody parts broken off. Fried for about 5 mins. Added 400ml of vegetable stock and simmered for about 20 mins. Take out 3 tips and keep aside. Whizz with a stick blender til smooth season to taste. Grill 2 rashers bacon fat removed. Chop the bacon and put in the soup. Serve in a bowl with a blob of fatfree yoghurt in the middle and the reserved tips.

Attachments

• 1375886934758.jpg
    1375886934758.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 170
I think I may be slacking in a few areas, so need to write up exactly what I am eating. Last night I had an irrisistible urge for chocolate, so had 2 bites of a small snickers bar which seemed to do the trick, first time that has happened so far. Yesterday morning went out for breakfast with a friend, and for the second week running had to send my meal back as I had asked for unbuttered toast, and it came covered with butter!

So, yesterday was:

HexA - 2 sl brown toast (these were pretty hefty slices, so I'm going to add 2 syns as well)
HexB - milk

Breakfast: 2 x poached eggs on toast, coffee
Lunch:muller light, alpen light handful of grapes - 3 Syns

Dinner - salmon in lime and black pepper, rocket salad, actifry chips and petit pois.

Snack: 4 ryvita thins, 2 light cheese triangles, ham, peppers, gerkins (8 syns! didn't realise it was that many!)

2 small bites of a snickers - say 3 syns

So 14 syns - don't usually do that many, it's easy how it can run away with you.

So, today, back on track:

HexA - 1 slice wholemeal bread
HexB - splash milk so far

Breakfast - 3 sw sausages, egg, mushrooms, beans, bacon 1 sl wholemeal bread, coffee.

Lunch - my version of salad nicoise - 2 sins from the dressing and olives

Dinner - pork vindaloo and pilau rice free, muller yoghurt

I find I am drinking much less coffee than I used to, only 1 or 2 cups a day, and the rest of the time I am quite happy with tap water. A great improvement from the 7 or 8 cups I was drinking! About to make magic porridge ready for the morning.

Last edited:
I think I may be slacking in a few areas, so need to write up exactly what I am eating. Last night I had an irrisistible urge for chocolate, so had 2 bites of a small snickers bar which seemed to do the trick, first time that has happened so far. Yesterday morning went out for breakfast with a friend, and for the second week running had to send my meal back as I had asked for unbuttered toast, and it came covered with butter!

So, yesterday was:

HexA - 2 sl brown toast (these were pretty hefty slices, so I'm going to add 2 syns as well)
HexB - milk

Breakfast: 2 x poached eggs on toast, coffee
Lunch:muller light, alpen light handful of grapes - 3 Syns

Dinner - salmon in lime and black pepper, rocket salad, actifry chips and petit pois.

Snack: 4 ryvita thins, 2 light cheese triangles, ham, peppers, gerkins (8 syns! didn't realise it was that many!)

2 small bites of a snickers - say 3 syns

So 14 syns - don't usually do that many, it's easy how it can run away with you.

So, today, back on track:

HexA - 1 slice wholemeal bread
HexB - splash milk so far

Breakfast - 3 sw sausages, egg, mushrooms, beans, bacon 1 sl wholemeal bread, coffee.

Lunch - my version of salad nicoise - 2 sins from the dressing and olives

Dinner - pork vindaloo and pilau rice free, muller yoghurt

I find I am drinking much less coffee than I used to, only 1 or 2 cups a day, and the rest of the time I am quite happy with tap water. A great improvement from the 7 or 8 cups I was drinking! About to make magic porridge ready for the morning.

Last edited:
Had a 2 lb loss yesterday making 1 st 2.5 lb in 8 weeks. However yesterday was a hard day. For the first time in the last 2 months I could have happily eaten the contents of the fridge. My MIL very helpfully bought us a large box of M&S choc biscuits at the weekend and they were shouting to me all day. I did have 2 during the day and then after weigh in I stuffed my face with them along with 2 glasses of wine. Im back on track this morning. I have a big pot of speed soup cooking that will help.

Breakfast, muesli, muller and strawbs, splash of milk.
Lunch: speed soup.

Snack: mint hifi bar - 6 syns

Dinner: baked potato on a bed of rocket with tuna spring inions sweetcorn and about 2 tbs extra light mayo need to syn this will estimate 4 syns for now. Muller yogh and grapes for dessert.
4 glasses water 1 coffee

My dearest darling son has only bought 2 large boxes of Krispi Kreme donuts! I'm not feeling the urge at the moment to snack on them, but I hope he eats them all soon!!!

Last edited:
Made scan bran cake for breakfast was quite disappointed with it. Managed 2 slices.

Lunch baked potato with a portion of speed soup.

Dinner mayflower curry with chicken mushrooms onion sweetcorn and petite pois and boiled rice. 4 syns

Supper as I havent had my HE A or B Im going to have a bowl of muesli with grapes and strawbs.

Attachments

• 1376592872127.jpg
    1376592872127.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 114
Wasn't at all hungry this morning, so started with brunch. 2 x sw friendly sausages (1 syn) 2 sl wholemeal bread (1 hexb) beans, bacon, egg, mushrooms. 1 coffee, handful of grapes.

2 glasses of water.

Having Big Mac in a bowl with sw chips tonight, need to do a bit of shopping first though.

I went to find a squash that I like, most of the sugar free ones taste funny, and sometimes it's nice to have something with the water.

My weight seems to be going up this week instead of down. Can't get out of the habit of weighing every morning. Need to get some shopping in today and make sure I stay on track for the next fortnight, off on holiday at the end of the month.

Haven't been "going" much this week, so need to concentrate on more fibre rich foods, will get some sultana bran when I go shopping hopefully that will help.

Breakfast: dorset cereals in muller yoghurt, coffee.

Planning a cooked dinner tonight, although not looking forward to standing cooking as I think it's going to be a bit of a hot one today.

Back