Angies diary

wow hun thats some great losses told you if will come of quick you defently looking at a great loss week 1 and your be back to you pre weight before you no it, and thanks for the good luck hun , no what u mean bout feeling good on atkins can't wait to join you all bak on atkins asap x

Hi Angie, welcome back! Do try and get some more veg in if you can - and pick up some nice low carb sausages so you won't be tempted by the yucky bready ones!

moonlights said:
Hi Angie, welcome back! Do try and get some more veg in if you can - and pick up some nice low carb sausages so you won't be tempted by the yucky bready ones!

Thanks for that advice ....today gonna have cheeseburger pie for tea with cabbage and cauliflower mash so that should help with the veggie intake and will be hunting down some low carb sausages for the weekend :)

xx

Morning all

Well had a good day yesterday :) feeling so much more positive prob cos I'm eating again and not obsessing about food and scared to eat anything ....Monday and Tuesday my mood was black to say the least !! Jumped on the scale this morning and have lost another 1lb so that's 6lb so far this week. Mad really as yesterday I totted up about 1800 calories was heavy on the cheese as I had the cheeseburger pie which was so much better than the first time I made it. I used 1 kilo of mince thinking that I could freeze loads of portions....well that plan went AWOL as soon as they all came home from work (hubby and 2 sons) they decided that they didn't want sausages but wanted my cheeseburger pie !! Hence I had my portion and the greedy ******* ate the rest .....they loved it lol.

Daytime eating was a bit sketchy don't know why that was....here goes

Brekkie - boiled egg and small piece of cheese
lunch on the go - packet of pork scratchings and mini marmite cheese
dinner - cheeseburger pie, cabbage, stewed rhubarb and cream and sf jelly

Looking at what I ate yesterday do realise I need to get some more veggies in daytime.

Absolutley adored the rhubarb with cream.....forgotten about rhubarb or wasn't sure if I could have it. So from now on I think I will have a bowlful for brekkie with a little double cream, I don't eat brekkie normally but think I could eat this on a regular basis.

Had another bad headache just before going to bed so still think I got the Atkins flu going on hopefully it will subside over the coming days.

Looking forward to starting back at Uni next week it's been hard going beng at home since may....have felt like a bit of a couch potato .....I'm used to working full time but gave that up to go to Uni last September think the past year has been so difficult weight wise as I've had so much time to myself (to sit on the sofa) but hopefully I will be busy once I go back to Uni as I will have 3 day placement and 2 days at Uni. So will be like working full time again. The first year was only 2 afternoons so felt like I was in retirement lol.

Gonna weigh daily until the end of 2 week induction just to see weight fluctuations and the will prob weigh weekly after that. When I did Atkins induction last month I started off well and didn't really bother about the calories I was consuming but looking back I dropped my calorie intake to 1200 a day but still staying on track with Atkins not sure if the calorie drop was necessary and could of played a part in why I didn't lose that much....would love to hear some advice re this ....I prob have an old fashioned view that calories are important in losing weight input/output. Maybe I'm wrong and Atkins doesn't work like that.....and maybe I need to have a decent amount calories to shift the weight. Certainly counting calories and points hasn't worked....at times I was only having about 800/1000 a day and not losing or minimal loss....guess time will tell.

Well have a great Friday
xxx

Rhubarb really is a lifesaver when you fancy a bit of fruit, isn't it. Really helped me when I started on induction.

Re: calories 1200 is really the lowest end of the scale. When I was calorie counting I tried to keep to 1200 and was starving all. The. Time. But on Atkins there are days when I'm not hungry and end up only eating 1200 - most days though I eat about 1500-1600 and I lose better than I did calorie counting. Some days I eat closer to 2000! Not often but it's never seemed to have a negative impact when I do.

It's not just a matter of calories in = calories out, on Atkins. Of course if you're eating 4000 a day you'll probably gain but as you're in fat burning mode on Atkins, the fat you eat doesn't get converted the same way. In fact in general the higher the percentage of your daily calories that come from fat, the more calories you can eat.

I hope that made some sense, I won't pretend to be an expert when it comes to the science bit. If it helps you to have a calorie aim, why not try 1400-1600 as a target range.

Thanks moonlights that's what I was thinking ....because I use Mfp tells me I should be having 1200 but I know on induction it's not necessary to be so strict with your cals ...been hunting down rhubarb yesterday ....apparently it's at the end of the season .....no where had it....got it from sainsburys on thurs ....so my plan to have that for brekkie n a regular basis has gone out the window unless I can find somewhere that sells it frozen grrrr.

Brekkie - rhubarb and a touch of double cream
Lunch - mackerel, mini cheese with marmite, salad
Dinner - rump steak, salad with mushrooms cooked with blue cheese and cream (yummy)
Snacks - 2 bags of pork scratchings, sf jelly, half Atkins dark choc crunch bar
Alcohol - 2 small vodka's with diet lemonade

Weighed myself this morning and had gained 1lb not the end of the world ....could be a number of reasons, could be the alcohol or Atkins bar .or both he he he...or just weight fluctuations ....so shall see how things go.

Today could be a bit tricky as going to Romford shopping with my friend which normally involves a trip to costa for coffee and cake and then late lunch....so no cake for me and need to find somewhere Atkins friendly for the late lunch. Looking forward to it not been to Romford for about a year :)

Got my step daughter coming tonight haven't seen her since may as she moved out to Spain and is back for a week so think I'm gonna cook tandoori chicken with salad, also got hubby out the house all day he is off to see his other love arsenal :)

Have a lovely everyone

xxx

Hey Ange
Good luck with Romford - its changed so much, although I work near there I avoid going lol - much prefer lakeside - free parking!
x

He he he know what u mean about parking....but getting the train so no parking required xx

hey ange how you getting on , and doing the same with daily weight in lol don't get disheartened bout the 1lb gain our weight will fluctuate alot . how u been feeling ??

Hi kaylee feeling much better thanks apart from the headache of a night...no not worried about the 1lb gain weighing daily I know that my weight will fluctuate daily :) how did u get on with your weigh in on 5th sept .....did u lose ? How u finding juddding xx

There's a winter season for rhubarb too - its called forced rhubarb, grown in Yorkshire. Plus shops hardly go by seasons anymore do they! Probably just an excuse for not having it in. Am sure they'll have it back in soon or you'll be able to find it frozen - I buy it fresh, chop it up in portions and freeze it in bags myself so ive always got some to hand.

Thx moonlights think when I do find it I will buy up the lot lol and freeze like u said ....only place I can get it is sainsburys ATM ....will make a trip there over the next few days and stock up :) xx

Morning all

Well yesterday went well but of a weird day eating wise as I was out all day and then got home about 7 shattered so could not be bothered cooking so had a legal takeaway....ordered a new coat online from wallis waiting for it to come but went into wallis yesterday to try on a 14 just about fits or does up lol....fingers crossed n a few weeks it will fit a whole lot better :)

Weighed my self this morning have lost the 1lb I had put on and another well chuffed bring the total lost so far this week to 7lb whoop whoop another 7lb and I'm back where I started 3 weeks ago. I walked loads yesterday well it seemed like loads so prob helped :)

We stopped for coffee yesterday friend had large latte and huge slice of carrot cake....I had a expresso eek never tried one before totally knocked my socks off....very strong lol....put the cakes on ignore lol....the had a late lunch in oneills .....had the mixed grill minus the peas and chips and had diet coke to drink.

Had a lovely evening with my step daughter telling me all about Spain but whilst chatting downed a bottle of Rioja (says has no carbs lol)

So yesterday's food consisted of:

Brekkie - rhubarb with a dash of cream
Lunch - mixed grill, sausage, egg, gammon and steak, flat mushroom and tomato
Dinner - chicken shish and a bit of kofte with salad minus the pitta bread

Alcohol - bottle of Rioja

Well the bottle of Rioja didn't seem to affect my weight loss....not going to drink till next Friday now :).

Looking forward to a bit of a lazy day today ......

Enjoy your sunday everyone xx

Yay, good to hear you losing so well, it really is a great diet. I know you felt like you were losing slowly last time but bear in mind you're not too far off a healthy weight. It's best not to compare numbers with other people - some people will always manage to drop 14lbs in their first week while the rest of us die of jealousy - but think of it as a percentage.

Say you had 2 stone to lose. 5lbs would be close to 25% of the total loss you wanted.

You'd need to lose a stone to get the same percentage loss if you had 4 stone to lose, or two stone if you wanted to lose eight ultimately.

So it can feel a bit slower when you're smaller but ultimately it often evens out.

Keep on trucking! Take away from yesterday looks yum.

Thank you moonlights you always come up with some fab info...looking at the way you worked it out...5lb last month percentage wise was pretty good :) losing 2 stone would suit me down to the ground :) yes it really is a great diet that's exactly why I came back .....to be honest it doesn't really feel like a diet and one where I can really fit around my lifestyle....even the odd takeaway or eating out isn't such a struggle like counting calories as you never really know what your eating calorie wise.

xx

Well done on the 7lb, those statistics from ML make impressive reading.

Hi kaylee feeling much better thanks apart from the headache of a night...no not worried about the 1lb gain weighing daily I know that my weight will fluctuate daily :) how did u get on with your weigh in on 5th sept .....did u lose ? How u finding juddding xx

i switched over to juddd b4 my weight in but on atkins i got down to 10stone 11lb so a loss of 9lb , but im not following juddd hun no more i gained 4lb so now im calory counting with the help of tesco shakes, but ive been calory counting since monday and im down to 10stone 9lb so think this is defently the thing for me atm ,

Glad Romford didn't traumatise you too much lol! Well done on steering clear of the cakes - that's always hard when others are having them x

I know ....don't really have a major sweet tooth but the carrot cake did look yum and would normally deffo have some.....didn't go Romford in the end we wound up going to Southend which made it a bit easier as I don't know Romford eateries as well as I do Southend .....didn't buy a thing .....I have put my clothes shopping on hold well apart from the coat until I get back to my pre Atkins weight of 11st 12 .....by which time the weather would of turned I guess about will be boots and jeans ....can't wait NOT !! I don't do winter very well :(

xx

Back