Angie's Exante Adventure

And she's back in the room,
Hello ketosis I love yooooooooou!
I also have a goal in mind.

Hubs birthday is late April, wanna be 13 and a half stone by then and able to get into my favourite jeans. Have worked out if I can keep the 3lb a week losses going, I should be able to do it, that's real concrete motivation

Well done on getting back into ketosis - and here's me deliberately taking myself out of ketosis for the weekend!

Fantastic goal, by the way :)

A totally achievable goal, 3lb a week :)

Well done on getting back into ketosis - and here's me deliberately taking myself out of ketosis for the weekend!

Fantastic goal, by the way :)
Thank you,
From my experience after yr weekend, come on here and remind yrself why yr doing this diet and just hang on til yr back in the zone.

it's hard to stay on the straight and narrow when yr in ketosis, but when yr hungry? It was hard , had forgotten what that hungry sugar low felt like. Really makes me think I'm going to have to straight from this to low gi way of eating.

Ooooh, I'm dreaming of my skinny jeans ;)

A totally achievable goal, 3lb a week :)
I hope so, I know I could be stricter and do exercise, but at the moment whatever I'm doing is giving me consistent losses, if I go down to 2lb losses I'll rethink, but at the mo, this is comfortable. Looking forward to being 15.5 ;)

Was 17.10
Am 15.8
Will be 11.10

So I'm 15.6 this am. Experiment:can I get on the exercise bike for 20 mins and keep to 600cals for 3 days and see if I can lose 4 this week? (have already lost 2).
I don't want to lose it every week, it feels too fast and it gets my internal voice worried. 3lb a week is great, I'm not knocking it, it I'd gratifying to see the scale move downwards each week like clockwork. But once a month I'd like to lose 4lb.

Will give it a go

I used to be obsessed with my exercise bike lol, I would literally be on it for hours.... I would watch all the soaps while peddling away haha, need to start that again really. Let us know how the weight loss goes with the extra exercise x

Well I ate too much today, but not enough carbs to put me out of ketosis.
Losing 3 this week is what I can hope for.

I'm going to list the food, so I do not bury the evidence. I am not regretful, but I'm not going to make a habit of this

Today I ate:
Half a Choc ginger shake
A piece of salmon with chilli coating
An exante bar
An omelette with salad
A piece of crust less quiche
An Atkins bar
A lump of cheese

I didn't eat the many cupcakes, the fruit crumble or the chocolate ice cream, I'm not so daft as to put myself out of ketosis.
And of course I could have done more damage limitation by not having 2 bars, the salmon or the cheese. But I didn't want to do damage limitation today. Today I was pleased I'd lost 2 stone.

Tomorrow I'm back at work, so it'll be so much easier.

I'm doing lunch again next week, slow cooked beef stew, I'm cooking it, everyone else will have mash with it. I'll have to do some low carb something for myself.
What I won't be doing is having a bar b4 hand or extra protein, I thought having something in my stomach would make me immune to extra portions, nope. I hadn't taken into account my want to indulge when I was still on Holiday. And it was group, social eating....I just find not eating, when a wider social group is eating, very, very hard.
So it'll have to be mint tea until the event, the stew, then home for a shake and a bar.

Tonight I feel comfortably full, rather than not-hungry-just-a-bit-peckish, which is how I experience vlcd and ketosis.
It feels good physically to be full. But psychologically, it feels my bus has stopped. When on a Vlcd I feel my bus trundling at a constant speed in direction of my goal, over eat and feel full? Bus has gone in for a tire change.

Back to moving forward tomorrow. I have at least another 3 stone to lose

I used to be obsessed with my exercise bike lol, I would literally be on it for hours.... I would watch all the soaps while peddling away haha, need to start that again really. Let us know how the weight loss goes with the extra exercise x
I just can't seem to motivate myself. My goal is 20 mins a day, but I'm highly resistant to doing any. So 20 mins would be a start

It must be in the air - exercise is on everyone's mind :)

Looking at what you ate yesterday, at least you were able to make choices that kept you in ketosis and back to work today will get you back on track.

Yep, just been to morning meeting, now hugging a pint of mint tea checking a week of emails.

I always feel massively full in my head when I eat off plan, it's the guilt factor! Glad you are sticking with it though. Hope you have had a nice day :)

Another 3lb this week, so even with a couple of blips it's going okay and I'm on track.
I was going to try and incorporate exercise, but I absolutely don't want to
& until it doesn't feel like an onerous task, I'm not going to.

For the record, it's come off my face massively, though as usual a lot more off cheekbones than lower face.
It's come off my knees, ankles and calves, belly under the boobs and collarbones, but fat is sticking to lower belly, which still looks huge, arms and fingers and lower part of face. I'm not really into smaller clothes yet as I had comfy clothes that fit my frame from size 16-20. But everything is looser of course. I know from a casual glance at me you'd know I've lost some weight, but the next 1-2 stones will really show it.

I will be into the 14s in 2 weeks, which I haven't been since 2012/early 2013.
It's quite exciting, but also a bit daunting, but I'm not thinking about it too much.
My diet is principally 2 products and a low carb meal with a floradix tablet to makes up the vitamin and mineral shortfall. I feel good on it. I'm on 800cals a day roughly. It's a rate I'm happy with and thre has been no real hiccups so far, a fairly predictable 3lb a week loss =)

Was 17.10
Am 15.5
Will be 11.10

Last edited:
Woohoo! Well done on the 3lb loss:)

Interesting where you've noticed the weight loss - has been the same for me. I've also shrunk my boobs though - into a smaller size bra last week.

I don't have much boob to speak of, so it'll be interesting what I'm left with when at goal, I've also been pregnant and breastfed since I was last skinny, so it'll be interesting. My hips are wider since childbirth too, which is not a bad thing, even when skinny I had no waist to speak of, just rectangular lol....
I can see I have a bit of a hip waist difference now, not quite vavavoom but more defined than b4. I wonder what I'll look like now? Haven't been skinnyish for 7 yrs and haven't been at goal weight for 19 years. I was on my way to goal when I got pregnant with my daughter. I know I'm a lot more lined, unfortunately. But I suppose I should count my blessings, though I won't ever look 20 again, I do have long legs, cheekbones, and quite nice eyes when I can be bothered to do my make up properly, it's a shame I've been hiding under all this fat so long

Ah well, I'm doing something about it now

Well done on your loss :) glad you can see the loss, it's a bit more motivation!

Back