Angie's Exante Adventure

Summary:
Anger/hurt=triggers to eat
Eating while angry=feelings of being angrily justified
Losing weight=seeing what I actually look like in the mirror=judging myself=thinking how others see me=starting to look at others' figures to compare myself=realise I want to shut down judgemental thoughts, while being gentle with myself and others.

Boy, do I recognise this!!!

Glad your day got better (and the scales are moving downwards) :)

'Eat myself calm'

I like that saying, it fits well.

Oooooh I wobbled greatly this am. Was looking up pics of Vlcd b4s and afters and got reading scare stories about not doing these diets for too long and maybe because I'm a bit suggestible early am, but I managed to turn on a 6 pence and think I shouldn't be being so restrictive/maybe should stop this diet...blah blah blah, real mind barrage of mind games, telling me I'd lost enough...blah blah blah.....why do u want to be thin anyway....thin people aren't healthier........blah blah blah

my dreams of size 12-14 disappearing from view.

But I've pulled it back from the brink. Funnily enough, even though I went off spinning off for a minute, I didn't dive into carbs, But did dive into chicken pieces from the hot counter & and an early bar, but actually it's alright. Cos I was still stuffed tonight I didn't eat the carbonara I'd usually have with family (without the pasta), but I didn't fancy it, so no point eating.

Hubs and bubs just had a piece of Victoria sandwich each, while I had a jam yog bar. Then it'll be mint tea all evening & possibly an early night.
It did make me think every month I will raise my cals a bit, even if it's just milk, and I will have to think of adding a feed week at 12 weeks. I also need to make sure I'm having my packs.

I know this diet is fine, just have to stick to it. I'm still 15.8lb, I am not giving up now. I want to get down to 14 stone at least and see how I feel then.

Was 17.10
Am 15.8
Will be 14.0lb (then think if I want to stop for a bit)

Oooooh I wobbled greatly this am. Was looking up pics of Vlcd b4s and afters and got reading scare stories about not doing these diets for too long and maybe because I'm a bit suggestible early am, but I managed to turn on a 6 pence and think I shouldn't be being so restrictive/maybe should stop this diet...blah blah blah, real mind barrage of mind games, telling me I'd lost enough...blah blah blah.....why do u want to be thin anyway....thin people aren't healthier........blah blah blah

my dreams of size 12-14 disappearing from view.

We are our worse enemy... and that head talk is strong, but you managed to squash it! congrats, you should be very proud of that! Have a great 100% day today

Well done on staying strong :)

https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2009/01/22/why-is-low-carb-is-harder-the-second-time-around-part-ii/

Am liking this link, it lets me remember that I can control my behaviour, even if I have trouble with my cravings, thoughts and feelings.

My sister said I looked nice today. We also went through some photo albums & I saw a few photos of when I was 24 yrs and 11 stone. I always thought I looked too skinny, but actually I wore skinny jeans and jumpers a lot of the time & I looked fine. Now I know that was 20 years ago, but it's good to get some kind of reference.
I also have naturally curly hair that frizzes, what also struck me is that I used to bother with my appearance, not to necessarily attract, rather it was an expression of my personality. I used to put mousse in it and bother to dry it properly.

I also got some new perfume today. Ck1 is half price at my local superdrug, so that came home with me. Just have to work out how to banish the circles under my eyes....how come I've lost fat under my eyes! It's not like there isn't a lot more stored on my rump :)

Anyway it's been a good day

I was someone who got ill while doing this diet and was ordered to stop it by the doctor for a while but it wasn't the diet, it was that I didn't follow the diet properly, I was living off of shakes for about 12 months, but I would fall off the wagon big style and have a takeaway and a couple of bottles of wine, then go back on the diet, I never took a planned break, nor did I do the add a meal week ever, it was only when I went onto binges that I would eat normal food, I never introduced food back in slowly or correctly and its that behaviour which makes you ill, not the diet.

Keep going, you will only regret it if you don't x

Interesting article... "Then you think about how good a donut would taste. And you imagine it. And you say to yourself, hey, it’s only one. What could it hurt?" - think we've all been there!

Hope you have a good eve :)

This was the original thread that led me to the one above

https://www.minimins.com/threads/changing-habits-using-fred.145230/

I used to frequent minimins when it was packed with people, I go back to threads I used to find helpful. It's a shame this place shut without notice, so many people haven't come back.

Anyway, that aside, I am very glad minimins is back.

What the abandoned threads do show me is that a lot of people start with determination and great goals, but they think they can't resist, so they don't. The amount of times I've read someone saying they're going on holiday, or it's their birthday, but they'll be back...and you know what's going to happen and bingo, the next week they've gone and never come back, or come back head in hands several months or years later. This diet is hard, there's always several valid reasons to stop. My only coherent reasons at present to stay on this diet now, is the speed of loss and my want to get into smaller jeans. Sometimes it doesn't feel enough motivation, a good enough reason.
But the thing is I have lost nearly 2 stone, but I have 4 stone still to lose. My mirror says I've lost loads, but photos tell me that I'm still big, the reflection lies.

I would like a healthy bmi, but to be honest, it's so much more about getting back into my jeans ;)

I have another weigh in tomorrow. I was 15.8 two days ago, I hope I can retain that loss with my head spinning out the last couple of days.
I know I can stay on this path. I do have control even when I think I don't.

I was someone who got ill while doing this diet and was ordered to stop it by the doctor for a while but it wasn't the diet, it was that I didn't follow the diet properly, I was living off of shakes for about 12 months, but I would fall off the wagon big style and have a takeaway and a couple of bottles of wine, then go back on the diet, I never took a planned break, nor did I do the add a meal week ever, it was only when I went onto binges that I would eat normal food, I never introduced food back in slowly or correctly and its that behaviour which makes you ill, not the diet.

Keep going, you will only regret it if you don't x

thanks sammy I know. The articles I read were shock headlines with little substance, I unconsciously wanted a reason to stop and my wandering around the net was me trying to find images to motivate because I could feel myself detaching from this site/this diet, so when I read negative reviews my inner voice jumped on what I read. I have looked at the reasons for that and I know I wanted to eat more when my daughter is off school, so I have, eating the packs but having chicken or fish salad on top. I actually feel good on it and it's my version of add a meal. I am firmly in ketosis and I'll go back to 600/700 cals when I'm back at work/she's back at school.

I will also see what week 12 coincides with too. I know it's tempting not to. When I did cd I was on 450 a day but found the add a meal devastating, because it made me see my eating in very black and white terms, either on Vlcd or completely not!

I find having the odd low carb meal helpful, what I am hoping is that some of my new habits transfer to life after this diet. I am seeing this diet as only the start, the even harder job of keeping it off will be my ultimate challenge. I am hoping I can establish a maintainence presence on mini's, everyone who comes on here needs the tools to keep the blasted weight off.

Anyway it's been a good day. I really do believe I can get my figure back to what it was in my 20's, but this time I won't be clubbing & I have a lot more disposable income so can buy some lovely clothes, not that my tastes are expensive I'm thinking mistral, fat face, seasalt and white stuff.

I am really looking forward to clothes shopping ;)

Interesting article... "Then you think about how good a donut would taste. And you imagine it. And you say to yourself, hey, it’s only one. What could it hurt?" - think we've all been there!

Hope you have a good eve :)
Thanks smudge! Donuts are not my thing, but chocolate or crisps? that's another thing! ;)

Interesting article Angie :)

My elephant has been running wild for years! o_O
Me too, I have a history of controlling the beast, only for it to knock me on the head and take me back to the start

Okay, so I'm posting my weight a day early with the weight I was 2 days ago. Then I have 8 days to make headway. To be another 3lb down is my goal

Was: 17.10
Am: 15.8
Will be: 11.10

Well done on your loss this week. You're doing really well Angie, stay strong :)

I think maybe planning in some "wiggle room" of an extra meal when you know you would normally eat more, like this week when your daughter is off, is a good way to keep you on the diet track. Otherwise it is very black and white vlcd or completely not. The problem is the completely not bit! We need to take this diet time and think about what no vlcd will look like.

I completely agree.
I made s boo boo last night, had a super drug meal replacement bar, thinking I'd picked up a lighter life one, I ate it thinking, ooh this is nice, same carbs and cals as an exante one but yummier! It was only after I'd eaten it did I look more closely.... I had picked up their slender range instead. Which has sugar in!

What! Well I didn't feel hungry last night, but this morning I had s gnawing hunger that signals I'm out of ketosis. So I didn't fret. I thought, well what would I usually do to get into ketosis fast? Low carbers swear by fat and protein, but I thought let's not throw baby out with bath water calorie wise, just get back int ketosis and kill the hunger for now. So I had 2 eggs made with garlic pepper and fry light with some lettuce leaves and a smidge of caeser salad dressing, followed by half a pack of burger mix. Now I am full and content with protein in my tummy, I don't feel out of control and I know I've done s good job of damage limitation. Ketosis is such a precious state and I get into it fairly easily, but if I have to, I will have a chicken or fish salad later and have a bar last thing to stop myself being hungry and vulnerable to triggers.....and fingers crossed will be squarely back in ketosis tomorrow. I'm sooooo blooming carb sensitive, makes me think I may have to adopt low carb forever

I'm such an idiot, am firmly out of ketosis and hungry! Makes me realise what hungry actually feels like (apart from miserable) what I've thought is hunger over the last few weeks has been peckishness.

I'm using it as an opportunity to reflect. When u get knocked out of ketosis by mistake, rather than part of a food paddy, you are keen to get back firmly in the zone, but it's still hard, you have to hang on tight whilst yr body adjusts again, having faith that u haven't blown it, just letting the hours pass. But I know it's hellish hard if u haven't even really got into the diet, or you've had a break because u just wanted to.

Threw myself off the blooming bus, didn't I?

Well I'm not stopping now.

Just start over tomorrow, it will all be a distant memory in 2-3 days :)

Yep, I'll chalk it up to being a timely reminder that the state of ketosis is what makes this diet do-able, i am thinking that when I'm done with the Vlcd I'm going to have to maintain with low gi/low carb and a combo of 5:2/6:1

Just have to keep up with the fluids and hopefully wake up in the hallowed state tomorrow

Back