Angie's Exante Adventure

angie-bum

Gold Member
Day 1

started the day with half a choc shake with physillium husks, mid day tomato soup

I am having a bit extra iron and protien as I am still breastfeeding so had a slice of smoked salmon, small spoon of garlic sour cream and handful of watercress

i have just had half a bar which I cut into small pieces followed by a babybel.

I am going to have the other half of the bar and half a vanilla shake before bed.

I have also had during the day lots of ginger and lemon tea. I know there may be a small amount of citric acid in the tea, but I suspect its minimal. As i don't feel hungry I may well be in ketosis already

I would like to sole source, but I am breast feeding and I don't want my supply to fail and I don't want my joints to crumble any more than they already are....so its going to be small iron, calcium and fat meals to try and protect that supply. I know baby isn't eating half as much from me as she was, but they say bf uses about 500cals so I am sure that I will still have a good loss

Hello just thought I'd say Hi as I'm in the same boat as you - still breastfeeding and also therefore adding some conventional foods on advice and hoping to still get good losses - I'm also aiming to get bulk of my weight off by Xmas for return to work (possibly)around January. Good Luck and will be interesting to see how we do x

p.s parallel universe (just been reading your blog) I also lost weight with CD prior to wedding (3 stone) and put it back on plus an extra stone for good measure having my son

Hi there sb! I was planning the wedding, after losing 4 stone, but fell pregnant as soon as we started trying! I thought I'd have months to organize a do, but it as not to be.

Fastforward 2 years and I have an 8 month old and am hovering near my start weight from August 2008.

I posted lots back then so have been reading how I did and how I felt etc.

I have already lost a few lbs and I've not been on the diet 2 days yet. I am really determined to get this weight off.

Who did you get advice re extras from? I'm not having milk or tea because of the lactose and caffeine, so have been having herbal tea and trying to keep the calcium level up with small portions of cheese. I also have some 0% Greek yogurt in the fridge that I might have later. What are you having as extras?

I am torn between doing what's right for my body and baby because of the breastfeeding and what I should be doing with the diet.

Hi - i havent been about for a few days and want to say good luck xxx

Hi Again
Advice came from exante - i rang them and they rang me back that afternoon- and also my own research. My baby is 12months and obviously breastmilk is therefore no longer his main source of nutrition - he now only nurses morning and night and more for comfort than anything else. The counsellor who rang me back from Exante ideally would have liked me to discuss with Dr but alas my medical practice has a blanket policy against VLCD's so they suggested doing the diet with a healthy meal - simple solution I think they call it - it's in the booklet, Will confess rather than doing that I'm eating bits and bobs simply in small amounts and trying to make sensible choices.I also have skimmed milk in my weak tea. I appreciate all this this will slow my losses down a bit but want to ensure I don't affect milk supply quality or quantity. I still expect good losses - eg) ON CD doing SS I lost 10lbs in week 1. This week I think I'm heading for a good half a stone off in week one despite eating some food - some days have not some days I have eg) today I had shake for brunch, bar this afternoon and small amount of what I'd cooked for family - pasta and salad and some red wine - yesterday I just had the shake/soup and bar. I guess after years if ignoring it I'm trying to listen to my body and I am worried if I do it 100% again I will do what I did last time and revert to old habits - so trying to make it a way of life not just an all or nothing quick fix - and find some balance as it were - hope that makes sense.
Also when I did CD SS 100% it did affect my cycle and although we had no probs conceiving no 1 and don't want to do anything too drastic if /when we go for no2 although obv want to be healthier weight to start with. Hope these ramblings make some sort of sense but probably not x

No no, you make perfect sense! I wouldn't go to my gps they've not been much help over the years.

I will look up the destruction manual then! I haven't read it properly, have just been doing what I would have with cd or atkins (can you tell I'm a diet veteran).

Day 2 went okay except I didn't have my 2nd shake until way late in the afternoon, I was so hungry, but got caught up in trying to get baby fed and down for a nap then shopping. I had the shake but it didn't touch the sides. I ended up eating some cold meats and another baby bel but sooooooo hungry so I ended up making myself a black cocoa (teaspoon of cocoa 1 sweetener ) and put in sone husks to thicken. Had some vanilla left over from a pack yesterday so used that as whitener. That staved me off eating the bar. I just knew that if I ate a bar I would eat another ...or be very challenged and unhappy wanting another. So the bar is kept for another day. So far the soups shakes and bars taste fine.

We also went to inlaws today and turned down a glass of wine and an offer of spaghetti boll. I said I was dieting again and oh's step mum remembered the kind of things I was allowed. So instead we are invited over for brunch tomorrow, and I am having a ham and cheese omelette. So far so good.

I have the patterns ingrained in how to do this. The habits are there and I have found it relatively easy to fall into the vlcd way. I don't even find it hard to say no to things, except a tea and a coffee, it seems churlish not to accept one if already made for you....however in future I will carry some ticktock tea with me and just ask for a hot water.

Anyway, am off to view a house tomorrow, need to sleep :)

well my scales say I am 16.11 this morning!
I freaked out a bit late evening, as baby was smacking her lips I thought she might be thirsty,as I cant tell what my supply is doing. anyway I went down stairs had something low carb to eat and more fluids and then returned to bed. Baby fed not long after and I could hear her gulp and swallow so she must have been getting something! and her nappy was extra wet this am, so no problems there.

if I stay the same by weigh in day I will have got to my first goal and beaten the weightloss of last titime if I lose a bit more I can see myself getting to my birthday goal no problem

First week over with 11lbs down

So far so good. Only really hubby and I notice the difference, but for the record, my thighs are ever so slightly thinner and I have slimmed down a bit on my upper tummy. When I wear a slightly baggy top it mostly misses my tummy as my boobs are marginally bigger. I need to get before pictures done this time. I waited til I was a month in last time.

I hope to follow much of the same path as a did 2 years ago. Then I lost 2 stone in 6 weeks.

I had a little wobble a couple of times in the week, mainly worrying I am either losing it too fast, or too slowly! Trying not to let that strange head spaced up end the cart

Have also put in my signature today about staying on the wagon til it has got to it's destination. So many times I have jumped off b4 I got where I needed. Not this time

I am finding the diet this time not so hard. Anyway, trying just to make it day by day. I know I will soon be is smaller sizes

This time round I am going to get myself some nice black skinny jeans, I have a favourite fitted green shirt I would like to wear with it that has not done up for 10 years, it will be so nice to get into that again, well hopefully if my post baby boobs aren't too big!!!:p

okay its Sunday night. Today was the first day that someone other then hubby noticed i am smaller. I can see it in my face and my thighs are a bit thinner. I even had to put a belt on a pair of jeans that were skin tight 2 weeks ago

i can see my cheekbones are noticably more pronounced though I still have a double chin

but saying that i did feel momentarily more attractive today, so that is always good news

i havent posted for a couple of days because I was feeling like it wasnt working...but I know well enough that I have to keep to this diet, so i just kept eating the packs and kept my head down & then this morning even with clothes on I was a lb lighter. I feel lighter. I can see i am shrinking once more. Bring it on!!!!!

Fab news

xxx

Aww, such a brilliant feeling huh?

Like you say, if you keep on with the packs it will work and the weight will come off... even if we don't believe it's happening, the baggy clothes and the remarks will keep coming :)

A xx

Thank you!

Need to concentrate now. Have been having too many low carb extras using the excuse of breastfeeding still.

I don't feel I have lost at all this week. So, the plan is ss for 2 days with no cheats for the next 2 days. If on weigh in day I have STD or put on, it will be a valuable lesson.

I cannot break the rules to suit myself and then expect the diet to work

If you are on a vlcd it is just that! Low calorie! having 3 sausages cos they are low carb is just plain cheating. It's got nothing to do with supporting my breastfeeding.

I do need more protien I do need more calcium whilst I am still producing milk. I will supplement with fish and calcium tablets if necessary. But for the next 2 days I will just have shakes, no bars & I will focus again on doing this.

I was so confident I could do this I forgot you actually have to be quite strict to get the results you want
It does help of course, to refuse all sweets and alcohol, but it is more than that, it's focussing on being 100 on the diet with allowed extras and only low carb additions if really stuck, if really hungry or if it's going to stop you eating cake. But it has to be the last resort, not something you turn to when peckish or bored. That shows no change in attitude at all, it's still using food.

I will not use food that way. Right, change of mindset. I want to lose an average of 3.5 lb every week
I will have to do that to get to near my goal for Christmas

Okay, stiff talking to heard and understood.

No IRS buts maybes...it will be 100% ss for next 24 hours.....let it begin

Understand exactly in terms of your recent comments - it's hard for me not to think of breastfeeding as a bit of a licence - but be careful that in being too strict you don't jeopardise your supply -I am struggling with the fact that I love the fast reults of a VLCD contrasted with the medical opinions/advice that extreme diets not good idea whilst nursing -My losses are still fairly respectable even though I eat small amounts of conventional food ( not necessarily low carb) - doing a VLCD previously lost a stone on the first fortnight- this time I've still lost 12lbs. Although eating for me sometimes opens the floodgates - last night there was a worrying incident with a packet of organic baby biscuits bad bad bad - hey ho onwards we go eh x

all is well. I think i am just about balancing eating for breastfeeding & trying to lose this weight. I still have milk available but am also losing about 3 lb a week. Missy is growing fine, really well & having 3 biggish meals

its not easy, but i am trying to weigh on sunday as well & i know if i havent lost any by then i have to be more stict.

weekends are never good, i tend to feel entitled from friday lunchtime to start looking for 'treats'...its a habit, but i really struggle with it, but i cant go off plan fri, sat, sun & still expect to lose weight! its not by much, the odd sausage, more cheese, a portion of fish, but it can get out of hand

anyway whilst posting this my baby has learnt to crawl! well done honey!

shes been able to stand for a while but has resisted being on her belly. at present she's on her tummy trying to take the remote apart =) just like her father!

anyway she up for a nap now so will go. 16 stone here i come

pooh just wrote an entry which got lost.
oh well.

am 16.3 want to be 16.0 by next week

baby just learnt to crawl yeah!!!

Back