Angie's Exante Adventure

I am back on exante and back in the zone

My strengths

if I don't have a shake until late I don't feel hungry and I have little interest in food

Once I am in the zone I have no problems refusing carbs

I am able to follow this diet at work, work is also a distraction

I lose weight ultra quick on vlcd, so the motivation is good

I have done a vlcd before, successfully. I know It works

Weaknesses:

I can't eat any type of diet replacement bar without wanting to eat several a day....they also make me hungry

I have gotten used to eating low carb when breaking the diet...this can go from having something good like a piece of fish all the way up to 4 pieces of kfc like chicken followed by a glass of wine!

I find it almost impossible to turn down food that is a) free b) part of a social event

I have a small child. When I am feeling weak, it is really hard to watch her drop food on the floor

On the weekends, one of my only pleasures shared with my OH is having meals together. I really miss having an enjoyable meal with him

I have yet to be strong enough this time, to be 100% on Fri/ sat and Sun

Plan

For this week, including fri.sat.sun have only the allowed shakes. No low carb. Check weight next Tues. See how much you can lose if100%

Do not go to any social meet ups unprepared.

Do not buy any food replacement bars this weekend

Explain to OH that will not be able to have extras for 7 days

Take every day as it comes.

Read the exante 100% threads if feeling challenged

Return in a week and reflect on the last week

And I completely mucked up.

I thought "don't weigh, it'll upset you from the track" what did I do? I weighed last Thurs, because I knew I was looking thinner and thought I would be 15 stone. I was 15.3

I was disappointed but happy to be getting nearer my sticking point. Then I felt relaxed about dieting, then I felt justified to eat as it was the bank holiday.

Then I ate my weight in carbs and I am now back up to 15.10 this am. come on angie!

Your one and only goal now is to get under 15 stone. That's the 5th time now you've got to that weight and gone into reverse

It's not that I don't want to be slimmer. But obviously something in my head thinks I shouldn't go below 15

I really must not weigh myself

Hi Angie,

I'm restarting on exante today.

Maybe we can do this together? You really helped me out the first time I tried the diet :)

I am starting exante tomorrow

I think I am hovering above 16 stone but will take a reading tomorrow.

Have signed up to a challenge of doing 3 days straight with no cheats or interruptions.

I have 8 whole weeks to cut a great swathe into the weight I am carrying. It is my intention to be 13 something by my 40th birthday and 12 stone by Christmas. I will come on here everyday.

I must remember that I did it before and I can certainly do it again

Between august and nov 3 years ago I lost 3 stone and 4 stone by Christmas. I was able to wear lovely autumnal clothing. Stuff I haven't worn since I became pregnant. I want to be a yummy mummy ad be a healthy weight if we should try for another

I have exante soups from before. I need to get some shakes in

Hello Luvvie - have got some leftover, in-date Exante sachets if you are interested :)

First day good.
First day weigh in at 15.12. Had a soup, some turkey, a bar, milk in my tea, 3 bits of bacon & lots of fizzy water (thank you soda stream). Not hungry, almost forgot that as soon as a get off the carbs I lose the hunger almost completely.

Another thing to remember, when I start a vlcd it takes a while to remember not to unconsciously eat things. A vlcd gives me power over unconscious eating. Good.

Okay am now on day 3. Have the weekend to negotiate, so will get in low fat meats to tide me over. I need to plan and be strong. I won't let the weekend sabotage me. I have my 40th to think about!

New start 2011

Thankfully I have my entries from before to remind me.

Ate my way back up to 17 stone over Christmas.

I only don't feel terribly depressed about this as I am going to lose 2 stones in the next 6 weeks. I am determined to be at a healthy weight for myself and my child or any other children I might have.

So from my previous notes I realise this week can be tricky, weekends are diff, but I expect I will make sure hubs and k are okay and I will have the odd piece of meat or fish

I will not bend during the week

Jeeeze, how depressing. Lost 3 stone and ate my way back up, I didn't even remember I'd lost that much back in 2011. Well, I'm not doing it again. I'm not. The thing is not to be complacent. Losing 1,2 or 3 stone is fab, but it's not a licence to jump off the diet and eat rubbish until yr fat again.
I am going to be 11 stone again, then I will never do a Vlcd again. I will learn not to OD on carbs, I will stay off the booze.

I am in a good place now, I've detoxed from wheat, sugar and alcohol and I don't feel hungry. I am in control of my eating. Good. I have 2 parties to go to in 4 weeks. I will not eat a thing there, I have been on a Vlcd and been to these parties years past, and it's upended me before. I'm not allowed to eat that stuff and that's just it.

I was 16.6 the last time I looked and I was 17.10 so very little time ago, I will be saying hello to 16 stone soon.
I am working full time at work for the next 2 months. By the time it's over I will be near 14 stone. Hallelujah!

Well, I've ordered 60 items for £60. For that I get a free shaker and some samples and some cookies.
I expect I might need to go back to s&s for shakes and bars I like, but as it is I'm going to give exante another try & make sure I have some variety.
I feel so determined. Reading my past entries I am shocked and really determined not to waste my efforts again.

I am in ketosis, I am in control of my eating, these are not simple or easy things, but I am in this state of grace now. It's indescribable really. It's the state where yr able to eat with yr family and not really care what they're eating, it's eating and not exactly enjoying what you're eating, but it's okay, you're getting taste, yr not hungry.

I can forgo eating yummy food for 7 months to get myself back. It's like an alternative reality for my taste buds and appetite. I will lose the weight and then do refeed properly, even if it means 9 months altogether. This whole year is going to be devoted to getting and staying at goal.

Good luck angle. You sound really focused.

*angie not angle

Angie, you sound really sorted, focused and in the right place to get the weight lost. Good luck.

Right have tried 3 exante products
Choc cooky very biscuity, but weirdly very salty.
Raspberry bar: like a muesli bar, dipped in raspberry shampoo. Liked the initial taste, but vey strong artificial taste and very artificially sweet
Cottage pie: more meaty less potatoey than s&s product, also very salty.

Unfortunately at this rate, I'm going straight back to s&s after this foray into exante, I know everyone's different, but 3 out of 3 products so far have tasted very salty and very artificial. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. At least I only bought 60 products. I remember getting on with their soup and the shakes, so I'm hoping they won't be all a big loss.

Well it doesn't make me want to go back for more. Going to have to eat them like they're my medicine.

Half a portion of vanilla crispy cereal: okay, vanilla bit quite sweet and cereal a bit salty, but on the whole I'll be able to stomach the rest of the pack.
Raspberry bar: still have loads of it left from yesterday: found that if I don't chew it too much and breath through mouth open I can't taste too much of the strong taste, quite like the texture, ate a few crispy bits.
Also had half an Irish cream shake: it's very creamy, has a bit of a weird almonds taste, but it was fine with coffee added, might try the rest of the pack with ice.
So as of this morning I've had just over 1 portion. Not sure what I'm having the rest of the day. May try the Thai soup, I remember I liked it last time.
I might also try the pancakes and sausage mix later. I only do half a pack at a time, I look down the pack, get a big spoon and scoop out half and leave the rest of the pack folded up in the cupboard. I quite like that it gives me a bit more choice. So I can have 6 half packs of different tastes. I'm sure my taste buds will adapt to the ones I find salty, that or I need to add more water.

Checked the scales, it still says I'm 16.6 though that is what I was 4 days ago =(
Well I won't be too despondent. It just means I will have to be extra careful b4 weds weigh in. I think I have lost, because it shows in the mirror. I expect it's that water weight u retain in yr cells, when they're not sure to empty or not. Then I'll get a whoosh. All I know is that if I ever thought of giving up now, I'd return to 17 stone in a flash, but sticking to this I will be below 16 stone in the next 3 weeks.

Had the jam and yogurt bar. Mmmmm, I like it, but it makes me want to eat more. Definitely one to get again, but to have late in the day

Back