Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

Good luck with phase 2.

Seems you have such a good handle on when youre 'bad' that you can pull back quickly. Its very inspiring.

Anju, its great to know that this can be done. I am very much looking forward to conso as I miss fruit. Although I cannot complain I only started 3 weeks ago!

Enjoy your weekend.

X

Thanks everyone and good night!

I have added two proper 'after' photos to my album now (though I think my photographer needs more training...) - just ask me to make you a 'friend' (or contact or whatever it was) and you can see my photos.

hey there anju ur photo's are lovley well done having ur 1st celebration meal in a forbidden restaruant ,glad u enjoyed !!!!!!!!!

Belated Happy Halloween!

Hi all,

after another weekend... Hope you all survived the clocks changing (we were still woken at 6am by my darling kids...) and had fun Trick or Treating or whatever!

So on top of my nice meal on Friday I had a Halloween party to go to, but I think I didn't do too badly! The best thing this weekend was finding out that the wholemeal wraps I bought weighed exactly 60gr so I can have a whole one for lunch! Normality returns in some little ways... We were also invited to a party and I was able to join in no problem and no guilt as long as I didn't have seconds!

Saturday PV:

B: Dukan Pancake (no oat) with Quark & Cinnamon Apples
S: Oatbran muffins (hence managing to avoid the snacktime chocolate treats!)
L: Wholemeal Tortilla Wrap (yeah!) with Roasted Aubergine (in the Health grill), cheese, lettuce, roasted lean pork loin. Needless to say - YUMYUM! Yoghurt.
S: more oatbran muffins to full allownace.
D: Chicken and Mushroom stew in white wine, brocolli. Yoghurt.
S: one chocolate biscuit.

Sunday PV carb:
B: Dukan porridge with Quark and Fudge sauce (see recipes)
S: Pear
L: Chilli con carne (exta-lean), leaving the red kidney beans in! Dukan custard made with 1/2 tb cornflour.
S: yoghurt
D: (Party) Pumpkin soup with a ts of sour cream. Small slice of pumpkin pie (thats' made with pumpkin and cream and butter of course...). Fruit juice
S: 2 small chocolate biscuits.

I suppose after all Sunday was not too bad and it was lovely food at my friend's house. At least I nearly managed to stay away from the chocolates.

Today PV:
B: Dukan bread with quark and fudge, yoghurt
S: Apple
L: WM wrap with fresh spinach, cottage cheese and smoked mackerel. dukan custard.
D: Dukan friendly red cabbage & 2 poultry sausages. Yoghurt.
Probably a snack when I get home from Choir.

Tomorrow: PV carb (at work):
B: Dukan bread, quark, fudge spread.
S: Apple
L: Omelette, broccoli, bread with cheese. Yoghurt
D: Beef & Vegetable Stew with couscous.

Hey well done Anja :)

Your weekends food all sounds gorgeous :) can't wait to get to conso I will be scouring your diary for food inspiration :) x

I just remembered something else: last week DH coined the phrase 'fussy Thursday' for my PP days:). Would of course sound better if it were 'fussy Friday', but I thought it was very accurate nevertheless!

Boo I hate the clock change (so what's new!). My body is looking for lunch :eating: and my brain for a break. This was not an issue yesterday as we all had a good snack after going swimming and then I was too busy to notice...

I too really enjoy reading your menus... "Fussy Thursday" is an interesting idea. Many of my French Dukan friends found it so difficult having a PP on Conso, but I never minded and tended to have the same thing each and every Thursday... Mind you, in Stabilisation it becomes a little harder still but hey you've time yet!!

Hi Jo,

we'll see about Stab etc. As for fussy Thursday I am always falling back to Fish and eggs for some reason! For tomorrow I have saved a nice Rollmops herring, and some Eggs for a night-time omelette. But inspired it is not...

Thursday evening is also my weekly shopping day (though I might move it back to Weds soon for technical reasons) . So the fridge is empty, and I need to be careful to have sufficient eggs left or I'll be eating nothing but fruit (!) yoghurt...

My Beef stew with Couscous was a bit of a PR disaster yesterday, nobody liked the couscous except me. So I have portioned up the leftovers and they should keep me going on carb days for a while...

Today (celebration meal day?):
B: Dukan porridge, yoghurt
S: bread with extra-light cheese
L: Beef stew with couscous. BGTY chocolate mousse.
D: Spinach & cottage cheese, 'fried' egg, yoghurt

Tomorrow PP:
B: Dukan bread & yoghurt
L: Rollmops, cottage cheese, yoghurt
D: Omelette & smoked mackerel.

Love checking out food menus.

How did u do your couscous. I use vege stock. Hubby cannot resist a little soy sauce on his!

Yes, used stock. It was a pre-cooked type that you just steep for 1min. Served with a fairly liquid stew so that added most of the flavour.

Fussy Thursday...

Jo - yes just referring to the carby part, though making a proper Moroccan Couscous dish would be nice (sans kids I think!). One for the future.

Ah well it's fussy Thursday and the fridge was quite empty. So today turns out to be:

B: Dukan bread, quark & fudge spread. Plain yoghurt
S: coffee & skimmed milk
L: Rollmops herring with quark sauce (and a small slice of gherkin, oh no :p) , Egg , Dukan bread (the rest of my portion) with quark and lean ham. Fruit yoghurt (!)
D: Stir fried chicken, Egg, fruit yoghurt (again!)

Tonight my weekly shopping trip - must get some vanilla yoghurt for a change / treat to have when I get home.

Planning for the weekend

So, my parents are coming to stay for 4 days, and of course I want to have nice meals with them, not 'alongside' them, so this is what I came up with. My breakfast is mostly the same (Dukan bread / Dukan porridge) so I won't list it, and I fully expect to have one or two biscuits or similar each day too:

Fri (tomorrow) PVC:
L: work lunch Couscous and stew leftover from Tuesday.
D: Slow-cooked Beef goulash and tagliatelle (courgette tagliatelle for me if I had the couscous)

Sat: celebration
L: WM wraps with lean ham, cheese, lettuce (and mayo/sauce for them)
D: Homemade Fish Pie (potato topping), some other veg; Apple and blackberry crumble. Glass of wine.

Sun: PV
L: vegetable chicken soup (made from the bits left over when carving up the chicken for ->)
D: Autumn Squash and chicken bake. Yoghurt (Ice cream for them!)

Mon: PVC
L: no idea - leftovers!!
D: Sausages (low-fat for me) & Mash & cauliflower. Yoghurt

Tue (just us again)
D: Baked Spaghetti Squash and bolognese Sauce. I might cook some pasta for the kids to go with that!

That's the plan anyhow, we'll see how it goes!!

My parents have not seen me since I was at the half-way stage in August, nor have I sent any proper pictures, just some of me with the kids out on a walk. I'm hoping to knock them for six by wearing my slimmest looking clothes tomorrow. I bet they'll say I'm too thin now :D which I can counter with "let's see after Christmas!"

oooh you're so adventurous... Lovely menus...

thanks - being on conso / PV every day gives you a lot more options. But I can recommend the Spaghetti Squash! Just bake for an hour after taking out the seeds and then the insides can be scooped out in threads a bit like spaghetti!

Back