Ann-Marie - doing the plan but not the weigh-ins

Ann-Marie

Well, with Christmas and New Year out of the way I decided to have a spring clean and re-discovered my Slimming World materials from about a year ago. I lost 2 stone then but unfortunately all of that plus a little bit more has sneaked back on.

Going to have a bash at it on my own for now (pennies are tight!) and see how I get on. Started on Monday and I somehow feel different about it this time round - more determined and absolutely positive that I am going to do it!

I am going to be weighing myself every Monday and can promise that the figures recorded will be accurate as if I am not honest on here the only person I am really lying to is myself.

Need to get used to syn values again but any comments on my food/exercise diary for this week would be welcome. Remembering the rules for green and red days has been pretty straight forward really and I do know that I can actually do this plan and that it is healthy and easy to follow.

Monday
B - dry fried egg, bacon and tomato 3 WW Bread (B), coffee with skimmed milk (A)
L - 2 WW Toast (B), cottage cheese, coffee with skimmed milk (A)
D - Warm chilli chicken and bacon salad, pint of sugar free cordial
Syns - Low fat spread, tomato sauce (with breakfast), Blue Riband (99cals)
Snacks - Banana x 3, tangerine, apple, scrambled egg with cottage cheese
Exercise - 45 mins walking

Tuesday
B - 2 WW toast (B), baked beans, coffee with skimmed milk (A)
L - Large egg and potato salad with cottage cheese, coffee with skimmed milk (A)
D - Quorn Mince, passata, onions, mushrooms, green beans, pasta. Blueberries
Syns - None
Snacks - Banana, tangerine, 2 WW toast (B), cottage cheese
Exercise - 30 mins treadmill, 45 mins exercise bike

Wednesday
B - 2 WW toast (B), tomatoes, coffee with skimmed Milk (A)
L - Ham and cottage cheese salad, banana
D - Beef and vegetables in tomatoes with mixed herbs and pickled onions
Syns - Echo bar, 2 x tangerines
Snacks - 4 WW Toast (B2), 5 Laughing Cow (A2). Melon, mango and pineapple fingers
Exercise - 30 mins walking

Thursday
B - Dry fried egg, bacon and tomato. 3 WW Bread (B), coffee with skimmed milk (A)
L - Cottage cheese, egg, tomato fritata, salad. Large fruit salad
D - Poached cod and vegetables, small portion of pasta (B), 5 Laughing Cow (A)
Syns - Low fat spread, tomato sauce (with breakfast)
Snacks - 2 tangerines, 2 apples
Exercise - None

Sorry for the long rambling post! Will tryto keep it short and sweet from now on :)

Resisting the urge to get on the scales to'see how it's going' - will wait until Monday morning!!

Thanks Sonia x

Forgot to add before - my target weight loss for this week is 4lbs or more and my first mini target is 18 stone then will probably aim for 7lb mini targets down to target weight.

Friday

B - 2 egg omelette (Skimmed milk (A)), coffee
L - Banana, apple, tangerine, baked beans
D - Boiled potatoes, carrots, peas, chicken (Bx2), yoghurt with mint and cucumber, mullerlight yoghurt
Syns - 3 Glasses of red wine, echo bar
Snacks - SW Chips
Exercise - None

Feel a bit guilty about the wine but enjoyed it!! ;)

Have a good weekend everyone
Ann-Marie x

Hi Anne-Marie you food looks good and your exercise looks great. Don't forget if you have any Syn queries you can just ask and there's normally someone around to answer. Good luck with everything

hows its going today? x

Oh deary me - Saturday night out for my Dad's birthday. Alcohol has a lot to answer for but I'm going to get back on track today!!

Here goes..................

Saturday
B - 2 egg omelette (Skimmed milk (A)), coffee
L - Fruit salad
D - Wetherspoons less than 5% fat five bean chilli
Ok so far but then the alcohol started to flow, resulting in............
Syns - Mixed kebab and salad with Pitta bread, vodka and diet coke, lager (lost count!!) :rolleyes:
Snacks - None
Exercise 20 mins treadmill, 20 mins exercise bike, 20 mins treadmill, 5 min power-plate

Hoping that the gym would have absorbed a good proportion of the calories in the syns section :eek:

Day of truth tomorrow, really hoping for 4lbs or more off as this is my first week. Going to be really good today - I'm on a red day and am having no syns at all!! I'll post today's diary later and then let you all know the verdict of the scales tomorrow morning!

Hope everyone else is doing well :):)

Sunday
B - Scrambled eggs, bacon, tomatoes, 3 WW bread (B), coffee with skimmed milk (A)
L - Fruit Salad
D - Minced beef, onion, peppers, mushrooms, pessata, herbs with pasta (B), 3 Laughing Cow (A)
Syns - Low fat spread
Snacks - Blueberries x 2
Exercise - None......very sore thighs after gym yesterday!!

Well, end of week one - dreaded weigh in tomorrow!!

Absolutely gutted :cry::cry::cry:

Thought that other than Saturday night I had done ok but the scales have another story.... week one and I have only lost 1lb. With it being the first week I was definitely expecting 4lbs or more so I am now feeling a bit peed off.

Can anyone see any glaring errors in my food diary?

I am going to completely cut out syns this week other than a couple of drinks on Sat night when I will drink vodka and diet coke only and will avoid the kebab shop! No more sneaky chocolate bars either!

One quick question - the Weight Watchers bread I am using is malted danish....can this be used as a healthy extra B or have I been stuffing in more syns than I thought :eek:

I really am gutted but still determined to stick with it. I suppose 1lb off is better than nothing and difinitely better than 1lb on!!

New week, move on!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good week :)

I cant see any probs but is it TOTM? Could affect therefore you could get a good loss next week? Have you been looking in ppls food diaries they could give ideas and help? Maybe introduce some speed foods?

Thanks Claire.

It's not TOTM, that particular joy will be in about another 3 weeks!!

Re: speed foods, I will have a read through my stuff from last time in more detail but would blueberries and pineapple count as part of this group as I eat quite a lot of these? I also add chilli to quite a lot of food.

I will also have a look at what other people are eating - thanks for that tip!

Started today with 2 weetabix but not sure for the rest of the day yet!

Thanks again :)

I also have the malted danish.. 2 slices is 1 HexB.

Nothing glares out wrong, but I've always been told to watch how many bananas I eat. Although they're free they're high in carbs and natural sugar. I could only get away with one or two a week otherwise my loss would slow down. Stupid huh?

BTW - I'm an Ann-Marie too ;)

Thanks for that, it's good to know I haven't done anything majorly wrong, I will try to cut down on the bananas as that definitely makes sense because when I did WW I remember bananas were higher in points than any other fruit.

Another Ann-Marie - there aren't too many of us around, especially without the 'e' on Ann!

Thanks for the reply :):)

Well, here's my diary for today. Think I have done quite well to stay motivated after the disappointment this morning!!

Monday
B - 2 Weetabix (B) with skimmed milk (A), coffee
L - Jacket potato with baked beans, cottage cheese and salad
D - Pasta,mixed beans, pasata, herbs and chilli, Quorn mince, Large fruit salad with 0% Total yoghurt
Syns - None
Snacks - Orange, apple
Exercise - None

No more food will pass my lips today!!!

Just been reading that it is actually quite important to have your healthy extras so I am going to have 2 slices WW Toast with a couple of Laughing Cow triangles!

Watching Unforgiven on ITV1 and really missing my glass of red wine which I will usually have whilst watching a good drama. Ah well, a cup of tea will have to do!

Thanks Geena!!

Here's my diary for today......

Tuesday
B - 2 Weetabix (B) with skimmed milk (A), coffee
L - Dry fried egg, bacon, tomatoes, 2 slices WW bread (B)
D - Chicken and mixed grilled vegetables, orange, apple, banana
Syns - 2 large red wines (went to a meeting with an agency in Manchester as I am job hunting and I bumped in to an old friend!)
Snacks - None
Exercise - 20 mins walking

Feeling positive again now as I managed to just have the 2 glasses and then went on to diet coke! After 2 glasses though the temptation of a take away was really calling but I actually managed to resist so feeling very pleased with myself!!:)

Back