Annaphylactic's Exante Diary - Week 6 WI

me too hun i weighed myself and i was 1 pound more than 2 days ago and i came on weds which was the day i weighed so even though it is totm i thought it wouldve gone down but i guess it was to do with my eating on weds too. im thinking of changing my weigh in day from sunday to monday as its easier for me when the kids are at school as i get too busy and dont get time at the weekends so hopefully that will give me a day to catch up and get back into ketosis.

dont worry about the scales hun thats happened before you stay the same in the week but then the day before or weigh in day youll drop again. just dont weigh for a couple of days and focus on 100% and it will definately change before weigh in.

The point is your still going forward. Not gaining weight is in itself an achievement. Bodies are weird mine does this type of thing all the time and then suddenly it starts losing again. I'd say it wasn't the chicken more likely your hormones were going and they led to the craving for chicken.

Your photo on 4/9 looks sensational. keep looking at that photo ,you look fantastic.

Don't ASDA do the strawberry and kiwi one?
I think I must be the only one who finds the shakes uber sweet as they are.....you got me thinking about scotch eggs though ...yumm :)

Are you on week 3? Week 3 is always a bugger. I didn't lose a pound this time on week 3 but its coming off again on week 4.

Just keep going babes, you'll get there.

oh anna....
Come on chick - keep looking forward and stop weighing yourself!!!!!
I gain/lose around 1-1.5lb everyday...I know because I used to check myself everyday and made myself ill as I felt like a failure when I didn't lose everyday...not a good place to be.
At the most, do a sneeky midweek weigh-in if you feel 'lighter' (if you know what I mean!) It can help spur you on, but if I were you I would weigh once a week, same time in the scud, then you will get a true reading. Stop beating yourself up - it's done and you are doing brilliantly. Keep thinking about that size 10/12....how fab??!!
hx

oh anna....
Come on chick - keep looking forward and stop weighing yourself!!!!!
I gain/lose around 1-1.5lb everyday...I know because I used to check myself everyday and made myself ill as I felt like a failure when I didn't lose everyday...not a good place to be.
At the most, do a sneeky midweek weigh-in if you feel 'lighter' (if you know what I mean!) It can help spur you on, but if I were you I would weigh once a week, same time in the scud, then you will get a true reading. Stop beating yourself up - it's done and you are doing brilliantly. Keep thinking about that size 10/12....how fab??!!
hx

thanks thats helped me too hun i keep jumping on every day too but am just gonna cut down to w/i and mid week like you said.

I'd love to say that I will do that - but I know what I'm like... DOH! >,<

Day has gone ok so far, although feeling quite weak - willpower wise. I've locked the front door and about to run a bath. If there was a nice steak infront of me right now it would.. *oh hang on, I've eaten it*.

Just need to see the scales go down and then I will be happy and will stop weighing obsessively. Hope it happens soon and then I will feel more happy about going through this!!

A x

:hug99:

Enjoy your bath - distraction is the best medicine

xx

It is really hard - weekends are a killer!! I would be sitting with wine and kettle chips right now, but I am glad that I have broken that cycle. It doesn't make it easier, but you are moving in the right direction. Baths are good!! I have never been so clean!!!!! It's a great way to waste an evening and avoid temptaion!!
Also, trying on clothes that you really want to get into, playing your favourite music (no weepy stuff) or doing both - I often spend an evening with nice candles on, fav music on and trying on stuff in my wardrobe, figuring out how long it will take till I fit into them!! Sad? yes, but it works for me - keeps me motivated;)
Spyro, glad it helps - we are good at beating ourselves up at the slighest slip-up but not so good at patting ourselves on the back when we succeed. We are all doing great and we all will get there!!

anna dont make me come down there and kick your almost skinny bum! come on woman, you're stronger than this and you're not very far from the end of your journey. bring back the positivity or feel my wrath!

hope you're feeling better after your bath. xx

Hi Anna, I just wanted to say about the weighing once a week issue - I was always an every day weigher, and without fail what the scales said would colour the rest of my day, good or bad. It really set the tone for my mood for the whole day. Now I stick to once a week, safe in the knowledge that I will be lighter coz I've stuck to it 100%, then I'm not obsessing over some numbers. You KNOW you're losing weight if you're sticking to it - trust the process. Big hug, be kind to yourself and hide those scales!!! xxxx

you said it lucy - It does impact you and the way you feel - it's just not worth it as it isn't a true reading of how you are doing on the diet.
but it is a hard habit to break - sometimes worth getting rid of the scales and going to boots once a week for a true reading - and I totally agree - if you stick to the diet and weigh once weekly you will lose weight.:)

Hey guys - sorry I've not been around. Had a friend over last night, then was up early for an ice skating hen do :) Just got home, absolutely shattered. Now getting ready to go out for dinner and drinks - but obviously I'm not doing the dinner bit - ho hum. Lol.

Have been back on track since my chicken slip up. Feeling better and on track but still not sure about the non-weighing. I know you are all right, and I know it can really be the kiss of death if you get a bad result - but on the up side, seeing them go down makes such a difference for me when I start getting tempted to eat something. It's a real motivation.

Lucy, you are right - I've just got to trust the process. Stick to it and the weight will come off - even if I have a weird weight reading one day.

Ok - got to jump in the bath. Sorry this is so brief - but THANK YOU to all for your support. Means masses :D

A x x

Enjoy tonight!!
I didn't mean to bang on, we all have different ways when it comes to weighing :eek:
You've done great by putting "ChickenGate" behind you :D x

How's it going?

xxx

Hey - not too great to be honest.

Had another slip up last night, and today really struggling. Just seen a horrid photo of myself on Bookface that has given me the motivation to get on with it and keep going. I think I've been feeling good about myself again, thinking I look good, slim etc, but just seen the evidence otherwise - from behind.

I'm just keeping a low profile, trying to keep my head down and get on with it. Once I'm back in the full swing of things I will feel better and be back about again.

A x

Do what's best for you, Hun - we're here when you're ready to chat

:hug99::hug99:

xx

aw sweetie, exactly what toots said. come back to us properly when you feel up to it, theres pretty much always someone about to chat to if you need it x

Back