Annaphylactic's Exante Diary - Week 6 WI

hi hun 12lbs in 2 weeks is fab just keep looking at your pics to keep you inspired hun and keep drinking the water that helps so much.

I'm on the rollercoaster again, and I love it!

This morning I got up and weighed myself (I know, I know...)... and was confronted with the same number that showed on the scales on Monday. Felt really fed up. Felt I'd really plateaued, so sulked a bit and went back to bed.

Just got up "again" (lazy cow, I know) and weighed myself AGAIN... and the scales have finally shifted to 12st 0.75lbs!!!!! With any luck, and the help of lots of wees and possibly a big poo I will be back in the 11s!!! YEY YEY YEY!!!! Hahaha.

So I'm bouncing around now like a springer spaniel - happy happy Anna. That's officially (although not officially, because I won't take any of my weights as 'red' apart from the Wedsnesday WIs)... so, ok, UNOFFICIALLY... one stone gone! WOOOOOO!!!!

A x x x

Glad your feeling happier. What a difference in your before and after photos. You'll be at goal in no time :)

HI ANNA im glad those scales shifted i was told that if you weigh yourself as soon as you wake youll be at least a pound heavier than if you waited half n hour to an hour not sure how true it is but i always try and wait at least half hr as dont wanna be dissapointed lol. keep going youll soon be in the 11's

Arghhh!!

What the hell is wrong with me? Left the house feeling really positive and happy that my weight was finally on the move - and what do I go and do?

EAT!

I had a choc shake sat in the carpark of Tesco, so I wouldn't go in hungry... managed to get around all the aisles getting what I needed (non-food)... and before I knew it I'd put a pack of sliced plain Roast Chicken in my basket. Have since scoffed the lot.

Idiot!

Really didn't enjoy it and now feel a bit sick.

I think this is what is known in the trade as: SELF-SABOTAGE.

I bought myself some nail polish as a treat for doing so well, but have since blown it. What a pleb :(

A x

aww anna, you're so close to the end in the grand scheme of things, dont ruin it now! chickens not the worst thing you could've inhaled :D, so slap yourself on the wrist and move on. dont let a mad moment turn into a mad day, then week, then give up totally! you can do it!! x

listen dont worry just do not do not eat anything else just carry on as if you havnt had a blip dont think cos youve eaten that you might as well eat sumthing else. i too had a binge last night and i so wish i hadnt my o/h upset me and being the 1st day of my period i turned to food but so regretted it too as i felt so sick after but am back again today and hopefully catch up by sunday my weigh in. so you can do the same just focus on getting in to the 11's and carry them gorgeous pictures around with you. c'mon you can do it. focus and get back on track oh and drink loads of water and it prob wont even affect your weight or ketosis as its protein and people stay in ketosis on atkins. just dont eat anything else hun.

Please don't beat yourself up, just try and learn from it. Would online shopping be an option for you in future? It was one little slip, just get straight back on the horse and keep going. You are an inspiration to newbies like me, and you can do it!

Thanks guys. I just feel so disappointed in myself. I used to do this on LL, same stuff (roast chicken) and I got away with it once, then the next week I was kicked out of ketosis... not sure why, but I guess the packs are carefully balanced and anything additional kicks you out? I dunno...

Anyway - now don't know whether to carry on as usual (i.e. still have two more packs today), or skip one and just have one more pack. Eating has made me peckish, so I could devour a bar - but don't want to make it even harder for my body to stay in/get back into ketosis.

Oh balls. Balls balls balls.

What is it with me and chicken??!!

A x

dont skip packs (imo), just get back into it as if you hadn't skipped. xx

yeah id carry on and have your 2 packs or have one bar and one shake/soup you should be fine this time as i done it a few weeks ago with tuna and cucumber and i stayed in ketosis but just dont do it again hun dont worry were only human dont make yourself down as that will make it harder to get back on track. just go chew on a bar and look forward to your shake later. hun and get posting lol

Cut yourself a bit of slack, and congratulate yourself that it was chicken not a family size bar of Dairy Milk. You have come a long way and if you are craving chicken that is brilliant imo.

Keep smiling :)

I'd suggest figuring out why you have these self sabotaging moments. Chicken isn't remotely criminal even on this diet but repeated eating could be. What are you thinking before you do it? During it? What can you do to manage those feelings instead of eating?

I agree with Coley - you need to work out what you were thinking about and how it made you feel when you a) bought the chicken and b) ate it [think LL CBT!!!]. Don't see it as a failure, just an occasion that you can learn from so if/when it threatens to happen again you can give yourself that space of time between thinking about it and doing it to work out what thought is driving you.

ooh dear, lesson over!! :eek:

xx

Not ideal but not the worst thing to eat by a long shot. Agree with the above posts - need to work out why.

You're so close to the 11s - head down and go for it, Chick - you know it's within your grasp

xxxx

Come on, Anna, the 11s are so close I'm sure you can smell them

anna
come on!! You are nearly there!!! Mind you, it was only chicken....at least it was low carb!!! Put it in perspective, it wasn't a catering size chocolate cake - it was chicken. Not the end of the world. I fancied some pork rinds (sort of low carb crisps) the other night so I had them. I new that if I denied myself them it would turn into a monster and then next time it would be the catering size chocolate cake. It's about what is right for you.
I think you need to use the diet and allow for life - I have several evenings out coming up and a wedding. Am I going to sit sipping a mineral water and nibbling a chocolate orange meal bar?? Not likely. I will go out, enjoy myself, stick to gin and slims and aim to eat low carb and salad. Then I will be back on the plan to get to goal. Don't beat yourself up. We all have goals in life, but we need to enjoy the journey too;).
Put it behind you -it's a new day tomorrow.
x

I couldn't agree with Heidi-s more! I don't know anything about the LL CBT as I have only ever done CD before this, but I can at least see that you chose a food that was not totally out of control. As Heidi-s said....it wasn't cake or choc. I think that in itself shows a restraint.
Stick in. Look at how far you have come already! :)

Hello everyone,

Having another 'meh' day today. Weighed myself again this morning and was 12st 3 again... I WAS 12ST 3 ON SUNDAY!! So that's six morning weigh ins with no shift... all because of a stupid bit of sliced chicken. Fed up with a capital EFF.

Not going to stop, am determined to keep going, just really bloody annoyed. Really could do with seeing the scales drop, if only a pound or two, to give me the motivation to carry on.

:(

A x

Back