~**Anne-Marie's Refeed Diary**~

Hey annie, you know, 6 grams, that is very little and is very likely to be water. Just do another week of what you're doing, stick to around 1200 calories and I am sure you're weight will drop or even STS.

You've done so well and it's not the end, this is where we need to sit back and start taking it upon ourselves to see how our bodies react to certain foods and stuff. Just carry on, you're doing great :hug99:

its not the 6grams its the fact i have gained both weeks of refeed no one ive seen who has stuck to it has done that yet i stuck to it strictly and i gained. Its just demoralizing. I really dont see the point sticking to 1200cals coz it isnt helping me lose weight. Ive been doing exercise and everything. Oh i dont know Im just really struggling today!

Interesting, you know, you said that you stuck to the letter yes? and you have been excerisising. Ok do this, measure yourself. Because I think you may have gained muscle weight. This happened to me before.

I was doing some excersise one week and I found that I gained, well this is what the scales showed. However, I lost a further inch on my waist. I gained in weight, but I lost in fat. Get it? I think this might be the same case for you.

You see some people gain on refeed, but it's usually a small one, over time, the weight will gradually come off if you keep on eating healthily, which you are doing.

Measure yourself and have a look :)

I've just had a look at you diary and I noticed that you ate luncheon meat which is a bit of nasty little thing. My sister ate that in her week of refeed and she actually gained as well. I think there is something in this type of meat. it could be water, I'm not sure.

But I would just stick to low fat meat slices instead of these luncheon meats. Not safe these things.

God AnneMarie, you sound soooo out of sorts and frustrated. I think Yasmine has the right idea. You have been exercising like mad and muscle adds weight. Look in the mirror, you will see a very toned and slimmed down version of your old self. This is the new you. You are not balloonng up on refeed. Give yourself a chance and stick with it.
I think you should still go back to the pharmacy. He probably just reacted to your disappointment. After all as far as he was concerned, he was looking at a slim girl who is going ape over a few grams!! He has not been with you on the journey to a new you so he does not understand the effort you have put into this. Ignore his personality and just go back next week same as usual.
Continue with your maintenance and it will work out over the next few weeks.

All i can offer right now is a :hug99: I'm off to bed but will reply to your post tomorrow anne-marie - in the mean time turn your frown upside down hehe :) x

You may not have seen people who have gained weight both weeks of refeed (I'm pretty sure there must be some but I'm not prepared to trawl through everyone's posts to find out - sorry) but you must be aware of some who have gained the first week and stayed the same the second ..... and there's nothing wrong with that - it shows that week one your body got a bit of a shock from having food to process again and week 2 it was getting used to it and leveling off ..... what's wrong with that??? Why are you beating yourself up for it????
Don't you dare come back and say "but I gained 6 grams" 6 grams?????? 6 grams????? Do you know what that is?? It's about 1/5th of an ounce .... less than 1/80th of a pound!!

I'm beginning to wonder if there's something else going on here .... you seem determined to only see the negatives in what you've achieved (which is a hell of a lot!) ... you've mentioned self-sabotage in the past - is this maybe a pattern?

I'm really sorry if this sounds harsh honey - I'm just a little incredulous that you would let 6 grams get to you!!! How would you have felt if you'd stayed the same? Well that's what you did and I think it's brilliant!!!!!!!

As for the pharmacy ... well yes - ideally you should be getting more support but it's a matter of note on here that they are (in the main) sadly lacking in that department. That's something a lot of us have had to suck up and get on with unfortunately.

Now be a pair of curtains and get on with your maintenance girl!!!!

**hopes ya still luvs me** ;) xx

Last edited:
I've just had a look at you diary and I noticed that you ate luncheon meat which is a bit of nasty little thing. My sister ate that in her week of refeed and she actually gained as well. I think there is something in this type of meat. it could be water, I'm not sure.

But I would just stick to low fat meat slices instead of these luncheon meats. Not safe these things.

Oh they are low fat i just cudnt think of a different name than luncheon meat they are all really low fat and low cals.

I have lost inches coz my trousers are too big again i guess i just needed to see some movement on the scales (goin down of course haha) thanks for replying i was just in a nasty place earlier feel a bit better now. Hopefully its muscle and the weight will drop off in its own time. xxxx

God AnneMarie, you sound soooo out of sorts and frustrated. I think Yasmine has the right idea. You have been exercising like mad and muscle adds weight. Look in the mirror, you will see a very toned and slimmed down version of your old self. This is the new you. You are not balloonng up on refeed. Give yourself a chance and stick with it.
I think you should still go back to the pharmacy. He probably just reacted to your disappointment. After all as far as he was concerned, he was looking at a slim girl who is going ape over a few grams!! He has not been with you on the journey to a new you so he does not understand the effort you have put into this. Ignore his personality and just go back next week same as usual.
Continue with your maintenance and it will work out over the next few weeks.

Yeah i will continue and i do hope it is muscle coz this will help me in the future. I think ill leave the weigh in for 2 weeks and go and get weighted there shud be some other pharmacist there so hopefully it mite make a difference. I just felt lost earlier. I found myself again haha! I think anyway.

You may not have seen people who have gained weight both weeks of refeed (I'm pretty sure there must be some but I'm not prepared to trawl through everyone's posts to find out - sorry) but you must be aware of some who have gained the first week and stayed the same the second ..... and there's nothing wrong with that - it shows that week one your body got a bit of a shock from having food to process again and week 2 it was getting used to it and leveling off ..... what's wrong with that??? Why are you beating yourself up for it????
Don't you dare come back and say "but I gained 6 grams" 6 grams?????? 6 grams????? Do you know what that is?? It's about 1/5th of an ounce .... less than 1/80th of a pound!!

I'm beginning to wonder if there's something else going on here .... you seem determined to only see the negatives in what you've achieved (which is a hell of a lot!) ... you've mentioned self-sabotage in the past - is this maybe a pattern?

I'm really sorry if this sounds harsh honey - I'm just a little incredulous that you would let 6 grams get to you!!! How would you have felt if you'd stayed the same? Well that's what you did and I think it's brilliant!!!!!!!

As for the pharmacy ... well yes - ideally you should be getting more support but it's a matter of note on here that they are (in the main) sadly lacking in that department. That's something a lot of us have had to suck up and get on with unfortunately.

Now be a pair of curtains and get on with your maintenance girl!!!!

**hopes ya still luvs me** ;) xx

I was smiling throughout the whole lot of that hunny thats so much! well I finally got a hold of myself around 9pm and was like what are you doing. I decided i needed to just get out of the house and away from food.

I went for a long walk with the 2 puppies and cleared my head i realised that i was doing this all to myself (self-sabotage) i am always so down on myself always expect so much and yes this is a major factor in this new little breakdown.

I just lost it today and im so sorry that i did but i learnt alot in future wen i feel like that im bringing my lovely puppy out for a long walk (away from food) to get my head back into gear how silly am i really but i will say it could have been alot worse i was so close to having more chocolate.

I plan on starting fresh tomorrow with a lovely new maintenance diary to new beginning and God i dont care about the 6grams its the over all gain thats bugging the life out of me. But it will go away in time.

p.s i wudnt expect you to find an example of someone who gained that wud be madness haha! Thanks thou so much i really needed a kick. :):)

Ok so I am back real Anne-Marie not the nutter from earlier.

I went out @ 9pm and took my dogs for double the distance i normally do and it only took us an extra 20 mins. So 1 hr 20 mins walk. then i done 20 mins on the vibroplate, then 60 situps and 40 crunches, 60 pushups and 60 scissors on both legs. I feel much better and more in control.

I will go back to get weighted in 2 weeks and see how that goes. I am not goin to give in on this i will lose weight even if it takes me a year i will get below 10stone again and stay dere.

Will post my new maintenance diary tomorrow and i think ill start sticking to my plans again last week was a bit hectic so i kept changing it.

Anyway here's to a new start.

And thank you so much for responding guys its so much appreciated I hope i dont get so upset and frustrated again any time soon it wasnt nice. :):):):) here is a mexican wave for you lot and a nice group hug.
:talk017::grouphugg:

So glad you weren't offended and seem to be in a better place.

And I'm quite sure there ARE people who gained in 2 refeed weeks! ;)

See you in maintenance tomorrow! xx

Hey honey - how is today going? Are you feeling a little better about the whole situation now?

Like jan pointed out - remind yourself of what your response was to that thread! Sometimes we dish out good advice but dont take it on board ourselves.

I am certain some people have gained twice in refeed and im certain you wont be the only one! Stop worrying! Look how far you have come and how much you have achieved. Sometimes it takes a moment for us to step back and really look at what we have done.

Its a huge change that we have all gone through and will take us all different time frames to adjust. We just need to knuckle down and learn ..... as maintainence is the only place we are really going to do this!

Now, jump on board with us, we all help each other out and dish out the ass whoops when needed but at the end of the day it is down to you :) xxxxx :hug99:

Hey honey - how is today going? Are you feeling a little better about the whole situation now?

Like jan pointed out - remind yourself of what your response was to that thread! Sometimes we dish out good advice but dont take it on board ourselves.

I am certain some people have gained twice in refeed and im certain you wont be the only one! Stop worrying! Look how far you have come and how much you have achieved. Sometimes it takes a moment for us to step back and really look at what we have done.

Its a huge change that we have all gone through and will take us all different time frames to adjust. We just need to knuckle down and learn ..... as maintainence is the only place we are really going to do this!

Now, jump on board with us, we all help each other out and dish out the ass whoops when needed but at the end of the day it is down to you :) xxxxx :hug99:

Feeling a million times better still feel a tiny bit lost as to what i shud and shud not be eating but i guess that will come with time on maintenance. I think everything i had been feeling just exploded yesterday coz i knew i was entering the big bad world of maintenance. haha! I will get there and your dead right there really is no other place to go but maintenance coz i aint goin back to what and where i was before.

Its been a huge transformation not only physically but mentally for me prob more mentally my whole view has changed of life, i appreciate it so much more and am not gonna let suckers pull me down like i used too. Its great having all you guys here coz i know talking food and feeling gets a bit boring and all my friends and family dont understand when i say there's 200 kcals in that etc etc. I just felt alone but now i know Im not they dont need to understand everything.

Ive posted my maintenance diary so im off to do a menu for the week and im gonna try stick to it this time haha!

No need to feel alone chicken!

I bombard my bf, dad and brother all the time with calorie info!!!!!

Back