~**Anne-Marie's Refeed Diary**~

Where do i start... well i had my weigh in and its a disaster i gained bloody 2lbs i know i know this isnt fat but it hurt so much to be told this by a complete stranger not having my old pharmacy has never been worse. I really just wanted to go back there to talk 2 one of the pharmacist's i used to deal with. To top it all off i got weighted by a man, to be honest wen i seen the numbers on the weighing scales my heart broke so i didnt care that it was a man but he didnt make me feel one bit better i pretty much left the pharmacy crying.

I dont understand i had the min of everything.All i can say is it better even out next week coz im back over 10 stone which is what i was planning as having as my limit but im 10 1 was dats uh. anyway something to be proud of anyway i went into a shop and didnt buy any goodies i did however have one diet club orange bottle 28cals no fat and a can of 7up free 4 cals. Wont be having any more for a while, dont even know why i am buying it guess its like a guilt free treat but i still feel guilty haha!

Ok enough with the pity party heres my menu for the day

[FONT=&quot]Day 8 – Wednesday [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Breakfast [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Choc Shake[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Was hungry when I got into work so had a cup of tea and half a litre of water to make sure it wasn’t thirst. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Snack [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Had Muller Strawberry low fat yogurt at about half 11 as I was feeling hungry, then had the Banana about 12 or so. I was so hungry don’t know whether it was got to do with my activities yesterday or not who knows. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lunch [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 slices of wholegrain bread topped with 130g of tuna, crunchy lettuce, cucumber, gherkin, peppers and tomato in balsamic vinegar. Bread wasn’t as filling as the bagel or wrap but was lovely toasted, really soft. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Snack[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Had a granny smith apple between 3 and 4. Think this is just habit, I’m gonna try not have this unless I’m really hungry tomorrow. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dinner [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 6oz of 95% extra lean mince with 2 tomatoes, 4 slices of courgettes, mixed peppers seasoned with oregano, basil, thyme, hot pepper powder, and garlic. Served with 2 ozs dry (guess this is 4oz cooked, was in aunts house just brought everything with me). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Desert[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] I only had this cause it was in the fridge the last two days and would go off – 2 teaspoons of berries with 0% natural yogurt. Only a tiny bit. My stomach is so bloated today and I’m so gassy (sorry if TMI). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Body is seriously sore after yesterday and weirdly enough it’s the front of my legs that are sore and I must have really worked my core in that swiss ball class coz all day my stomach muscles have killed when I did simple things like using the hole puncher in work haha! Think ill try go swimming on Friday then do another 1 or 2 classes at the weekend. Really enjoyed having energy and it mite help shift that 2lbs well; extra 11 lbs altogether now.[/FONT]

Oh dear - I really feel for you, it can feel so awful when we've done everything we're supposed to but those damnable scales make a mockery of us!

You don't need me to tell you that it's not fat - it'll be fluid weight & the result of your glycogen stores replenishing themselves and hanging onto the water they need to do that. You don't need me to tell you to try not to be downhearted because it WILL all even out eventually, and you certainly don't need me to tell you to stick with it and don't let it sent you off the rails ..... However - even though we know these things it's sometimes nice to hear them and get a bit of reassurance.

If you nosey around you will find that the results when refeeding vary tremendously. Personally I stayed the same wk 1 then lost 1.2lbs wk 2. I was disappointed with sts as it seemed to me everyone else was losing on refeed but it's not true.

Give yourself a chance - your body has lots of readjusting to do. Be kind to yourself and think what you'd say to anyone else in your position.

Well done for only having the diet drinks!

It'll be fine in the end I have no doubt! xx

AnneMarie, was just checking your reffed thread to see how you are doing. I am so sorry you were disappointed at your WI. You put huge effort into planning your refeed so this is why you feel so very disappointed. As Jan says, everyone is different. Your body just needs time to readjust. Keep up your good spirits as you will do well.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks Girls for your kind words. I hope it will even out. otherwise i really dont know wat ill do. Coz if i keep gaining ill flip out.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Im just moving on and hoping that the weigh in was just bad timing. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today was good. I'm starting to get hungry in the mornings which isnt very good coz i think i may have that insulin resistance so its hard to have anything other than fruit which kinda makes me hungry. I've decided if i bring fruit ill eat it so just gonna bring 1 or 2 pieces to work and have the last for my desert.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Can't believe im on day 9 already its goin so so fast. People in work finally coped on that i was eating again today they are all in their own little worlds its so funny. They were like what are you doing i was like having lunch and they were 'your eating again' haha! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Day 9

Breakfast Choc Shake

Snack Banana and Muller low fat yogurt Shakes aren’t filling me for long anymore or it could all be in my head haha!

Lunch Wholegrain Bagel with 2 quorn Chicken fillets coated in piri piri spices and natural yogurt with Lettuce, cucumber, tomato. Absolutely love this could eat it everyday. Pear & apple

Dinner Tanya's Curry just made half veg half quorn chicken. Little bit different but fundamentals the same. 4oz wholegrain rice. Oh my lord i loved this so much i really wanted more not coz i was hungry but because it was so delish. Garam masala yum yum, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, tumeric, and garlic i added as well as what Tanya said in her Recipe. I put 6.2 ozs of quorn chicken and mushrooms, courgettes, 2 tomatoes, peppers, and onion. It was divine only had less than half so I have it for another day.

Desert Sugar free jelly with 0% Fat natural yogurt

[FONT=&quot]can of 7 up free, only 4 cals might as well. haha!

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Ahhh anne-marie :hug99: sorry im late in replying! Dont worry about the gain - it could've been a number of things but hopefully your body will have adjusted fully by next week and you will have lost the 2lbs :) keep up the good work my loverly :) xxx

First of all, well done on ALL your achievements throughout this process and now into refeeding. You are doing great and your menus are really good too.

First weigh in, can be a bit of a downer if you stay the same or have a small gain, but its not unexpected while you are replenishing the glycogen levels. I too had a gain on the first week, so please please just put it to the back of your mind and carry on your refeed as the sheet says. You will be fine Anne Marie.

Thanks to everyone being so supportive. I dont know what i'd do without you guys. I'm feeling like im letting old habits come back im only having fizzy drinks coz i can and i just came home and ate raw carrots for no other reason than i wanted too. I ate an apple on the bus even thou i still felt full. Im gone insane. Im heading out tomorrow nite (thank god, its been ages and im completely single now so men beware haha) but im thinking maybe ill just have one drink when ive said all along that i wont drink til christmas. Im just having a few weak days after my gain. Ah well I guess ill learn from it.

Enjoy your night out and go steady on those alcoholic drinks. Dont be so hard on yourself for having a carrot and an apple, these are good healthy snacks and serves the purpose of nibbling between meals without having naughty nibbles. You will be fine next week.

Day 10[FONT=&quot] holy crap double figures ha-ha![/FONT]
Breakfast Choc Shake

Snack Banana at half 10. I love bananas.

Snack Muller yogurt at 12 I’m writing everything individually when it’s a snack coz I’m out of control ha-ha!

Lunch Wholegrain multi seed bagel with ham, lettuce, peppers, cucumber and gherkin topped with balsamic dressing. Pear. had less salad today just incase I’ve been having too much. Had 500ml of 7up free must stop this I’m only having it coz I’m allowed.

Snack Apple on the bus home was planning on going the gym but bloody bus broke down and it was too far to walk there on this freezing nite. Will go tomorrow for twice the amount of time I think.

Dinner Left over curry with 6 baby potatoes (I’m being greedy having 6 I know ill be stuffed mite keep me away from chocolate thou). Ate some raw carrots when I got in don’t know why my picking thing is coming back. I really want chocolate.

Desert Gonna have a yogurt and jelly for desert maybe that will curb my chocolate buzz.

Ok going out tomorrow say if I were to drink would it be a problem????

Enjoy your night out and go steady on those alcoholic drinks. Dont be so hard on yourself for having a carrot and an apple, these are good healthy snacks and serves the purpose of nibbling between meals without having naughty nibbles. You will be fine next week.

Yeah i think im being hard on myself but I hate thinking im gonna gain again I don't think i could take it to be honest. Ive never been a drinker so it wud prob be only 1 and i'd be drunk think sticking to vodka and diet 7up would be the safest???????

So i weighted myself very very stupid as Ive supposibly gained another 4lbs in 2 days. hahaha! So wat did i do i went and had my yogurt and jelly so far beyond stuffed but you know what i still want to eat. How cud I have gained 6lbs in 9 days its impossible right???? Im gonna weigh myself in the morning again before ive eaten anything. What the hell am i goin to do?????? Do i go back on the shakes??????? or just continue to gain weight even thou im not eating much im gonna log all my food on one of them calorie counting websites and see if its possible dat ive had too many calories. This is my worst nightmare.

Oh anne-marie pleeeeease try not to panic! Pleeeease give yourself and your body a chance to readjust to this eating lark. We're all different - now wouldn't it be easy if our bodies were machines that we could predict what would happen with? It's just not the case.

You HAVE to give yourself a chance. You can't POSSIBLY be able to asses what effect eating again is having on your body for at least a few weeks. It's had a major shock don't forget, it's had to contend with getting NO solid food, it's had hardly any of it's normal digestive work to do and it's all got to fire up, get going and get itself regulated again.
How many times do people switch their central heating back on after the summer to find it won't work?

I can't emphasise enough Stick to the refeed plan - stick to it to the letter only NOT eating something if you're genuinely full. You don't have to stop after the two weeks you know - you can carry on with that plan as long as you like. It's perfectly healthy. After a month to six weeks I bet your body will have settled down and you will be able to see what's going on and predict what effect certain foods will have on you etc.

Try to take a chill pill ;) because this is a long haul not a quick fix - you're bound to fluctuate as you find your levels ..... it's only been 10 days.

****hugs**** xx

Oh anne-marie pleeeeease try not to panic! Pleeeease give yourself and your body a chance to readjust to this eating lark. We're all different - now wouldn't it be easy if our bodies were machines that we could predict what would happen with? It's just not the case.

You HAVE to give yourself a chance. You can't POSSIBLY be able to asses what effect eating again is having on your body for at least a few weeks. It's had a major shock don't forget, it's had to contend with getting NO solid food, it's had hardly any of it's normal digestive work to do and it's all got to fire up, get going and get itself regulated again.
How many times do people switch their central heating back on after the summer to find it won't work?

I can't emphasise enough Stick to the refeed plan - stick to it to the letter only NOT eating something if you're genuinely full. You don't have to stop after the two weeks you know - you can carry on with that plan as long as you like. It's perfectly healthy. After a month to six weeks I bet your body will have settled down and you will be able to see what's going on and predict what effect certain foods will have on you etc.

Try to take a chill pill ;) because this is a long haul not a quick fix - you're bound to fluctuate as you find your levels ..... it's only been 10 days.

****hugs**** xx

Thank you so much! I really needed a slap in the face yesterday and prob this morning aswell. I know my body is struggling as my stomach is flipping so bloated and weirdly i can feel it trying to be normal but just can't.

I really was just having a complete meltdown last nite, i think the bloated feeling was making me feel fat then adding the stupid scales which im so thinking about throwing out the window haha weighted myself this morning and was back to below my pre refeed weight. My body is just mad like you said.

I decided to have a maintainance bar instead of a shake to stop my silly fruit and yogurt obsession haha! Why do they call them caramel bars wen there is no caramel haha! The white chocolate stuff was nice anyway. haha! I ate half when i got up to feed the puppies(brothers gone away so i have 2 again, so cute but his dog is the devil sometimes) . Then went asleep for a little while (I'm wrecked haha) and had the other half so hopefully this will keep me going.

Ive decided to go back to day 1 well sort of im going to only eat when I'm really hungry and really think about it i think in the last 3 or 4 days ive started to slip into the routine of eating for the sake of it and i need to stop that.

I'm going to continue with the basic plan of refeed (prob use maintainance stuff instead of tfr) and have the other 2 set meals. I'm gonna introduce some cheese next week extra extra low fat laughing cow cheese haha never tried it so i want to see what its like.

I'm heading out tonight and have decided if i want a drink i'm gonna have one but definitely wont be having more than 2 as i was a light weight before so there's no teling how bad ill be now haha!

The taste of white chocolate in my mouth its like i'm still eating it now haha! great.

Feeling more positive today even thou my stomach feels like its gonna explode but I know ill get there.

Thanks Jan, you have no idea how much i needed that.

Day 11

Breakfast Maintenance bar half @ 9 other half @ half 10

Went to the gym done exercise for about an hour and a half (woo hoo) then done 14 lengths of the pool was trying for more but was nearly 3 o’clock and I had too much to get done. Went into the sauna and steam lovely really enjoyed the sauna. So nearly 2 and a half hour of exercise 2day I’m so impressed with myself.

Snack Had a banana leaving the gym

While waiting for my taxi at tesco (had to go shopping, again) I ate a carrot(5.15pm).

Lunch/ Dinner ok so I didn’t get home til after half 5 so there really was no point having lunch then a dinner so I had 4 turkey rashers only 102 cals and a quorn sausage cooked 2 but I didn’t want it. Dry fried mushrooms and 2 tomatoes didn’t eat all of it. This was on a wholegrain bagel( dropped some and the puppies had it eaten in seconds). Then had a pineapple 10 cal jelly with bits of pineapple, I’m not counting this as one of my 3 fruits coz it was only a little bit.

I will be having a Muller yogurt over fruit before I head out for my nite out. So I wont be starving I know this isn’t much food but ill try have a slice of chicken or something before I go if I’m hungry but I said this morning I’m only eating when I’m hungry so I’m sticking with it.

Beware of eating too little anne-marie, you don't want your body going into starvation mode. Try to stick to the foods and quantities on the refeed sheet. Even if you're not particularly hungry, eat what it says and then you won't GET hungry, only DON'T eat everything if you're genuinely full up.

Okay - I'll stop handing out instructions now :eek: ;) :)

Enjoy your night out!! xx

Beware of eating too little anne-marie, you don't want your body going into starvation mode. Try to stick to the foods and quantities on the refeed sheet. Even if you're not particularly hungry, eat what it says and then you won't GET hungry, only DON'T eat everything if you're genuinely full up.

Okay - I'll stop handing out instructions now :eek: ;) :)

Enjoy your night out!! xx

ok Jan I was good i had a yogurt, a banana and an apple some carrots and huge banana on 2 slices of wholegrain bread just got home had more carrots and 2 slices of ham. My calories shudnt be so bad now but ill check in the morning.

Drinks wise i had 5 i think vodkas, 2 with 7up free, 2 with diet coke and 1 with sprite zero. haha! met a gorgeous guy a professional footballer haha and he was complimenting my body haha you wanna see his. Ok getting excited must go to bed. He just texted me so hopefully ill see him again. haha!

Thanks for the advice i knew i wasnt eating enough so i did try very hard to get something else into me before i left.

Oooooooo what's that smell???????

I think there's romance in the air!! ;):):) xx

swit swoooooooooooooooo ;)

Well done for getting back on your feet. But as Jan said, careful about eating too little. And hey hey, someone's got their eye on ya LOL

Back