Another New Starter

welcome !!! Im on my 4th day so far so good , there as been a few times where my food demons have sat upon my shoulder telling me to eat but i beat them YES it feels great . :) you will feel the same too it will pass trust me .
Im a scale- holic too your not alone but like mark said it needs to stop because sometimes the scales are different from day to day and we are gutted when thay arent showing the numbers we want .
Goodluck to all the newbies hope you do well and get the results you want XX

calli , please don't do this to your self you will only feel disapointed and cheat . Mark is right its different from person to person . you have still lost weight , be proud xxxxx:hug99:

haha:8855:calli i will try not to pee on my fingers , Im sure that i will do the same but if i notice that im doing it alot then i will stop , try to anyway xx:)

Well you could always wear gloves. Without insulting your intelligence Calli, are you resding the sticks correctly. Someone on this forum, about a week ago critisised a girl for being dehydrated because her stick was showing almost deep purple, that is not correct. The darker the stick the more ketones are being expelled from the body so she did not know what she was talking about. Even if you have a slight colour movement from the fleshy colour it means you are in ketosis. PLease read this

Many people falsely believe they cannot or are not losing weight because the ketones drop to a lower level. However, weight loss continues with or without the ketones being present. The spillage of excess ketones in the urine disappears on the low-carbohydrate diet after the body becomes accustomed to using dietary fats for energy instead of glucose. This may occur within a few weeks on the diet. People who normally eat high-carbohydrate meals have been fueling their bodies with glucose and fructose obtained from the carbohydrates. Their cells have had very little experience burning fatty acids for energy. The body uses the glucose first to prevent high levels of glucose in the blood.

So stop stressing.

Oh dear think I will avoid the sticks then if that is the case :S
On day 4 now and no cheating and no scales!!!
They better be nice to me next week or I may throw a proper 5 year old strop :)

Carly

Well done Carly, what do you mean Oh Dear, no harm in using the sticks just make sure you are reading them correctly. Please do not mis interprit the article, all it means is that you do not have to be in Ketosis to lose weight.

well done carly , im sure your scales will give you the result you want :) Im addicted to scales but i only use them in the morning after a wee .
keep up the good work x

To many scalaholics on this forum, me being one of them. I think there might be a need for group help here. Any phsycologists in the group??

awww thanks Rose yes day 4 and no food so far woooo!!! I hear it gets easier from here - hope so!
Oh Calli I do really feel for you it must be so disheartening :( Maybe it is hormones or water retention :( It will come off, chin up x

Big up for the tomoto and basil lovers , just add a bit of spice and its yummy ...

hi carly , why dont you eat all your tomato ones 1st so you have all the yummy ones left to enjoy i know a few of us do that on exante x

Back