Another restart diary

Oh dear :( I've never really understood blood pressure, but does anything under 110 mean good and above mean bad? xx

Apparently anything over 140/90 equals high blood pressure, so I'm a long way into the 'danger zone'. It may be a one off, but I'm worried about it now and we're going to borrow a blood pressure monitor over the weekend to try and see if it is staying consistently high.
How are you getting on? xx

Oh no :( That definately will spur you on :)

Good luck for Day 1 :) I have chilli for tea tonight too!

Apparently anything over 140/90 equals high blood pressure, so I'm a long way into the 'danger zone'. It may be a one off, but I'm worried about it now and we're going to borrow a blood pressure monitor over the weekend to try and see if it is staying consistently high.
How are you getting on? xx

I have heard that high blood pressure readings at the doctors aren't very accurate, although I don't know what the data is based on really, something about how people are nervous when they go to the doctors because you're usually unwell when you have to go? Hopefully it isn't that high at home but properly needs working on... good aim to do!

I went over syns today, I am eating before syning and I forgot I had my HEB and had it again, so had to syn it. :( I have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned at work today and walked there, so hopefully the exercise will have helped my day still stay on plan to an extent? I feel so bad atm, my trousers bit into my stomach and my muffin top was so bad I was uncomfortable the entire shift, thinking it was on show or i had camel toe because the trousers were so tight. I can't wear anything bigger because firstly they'd need to order it in and the leg space is so big, it's like walking around in MC Hammer pants :/ so I'll be sticking with my MORE WELL USED work trousers until the new ones fit me better. I'm going to write this in my reasons to lose weight. Along with the fact another girl on my team has lost 4 stone since May and is still going and looks so good and I'm jealous :/ and a girl I can't stand came into work today in normal clothes and looked stunning, I've never 'denighed' she's a pretty thing but she has a black heart (loves to create misery in others to make herself happy). I thought to myself, you should get yourself fitter so you can proudly stand up and feel as pretty as you think she is! I'm an odd ball >.<! xxx

Hi from another re-starter!

Your blood pressure is indeed dangerously high, but it's good you found out before anything serious happened. Mine was 200/110 and the doctor immediately gave me a pill and wouldn't let me leave the surgery until it dropped to about 150/90 (still high but no longer critical) because I was at imminent risk of a stroke. I had to go on meds of course, but now I've lost weight I've been able to cut them by half. So chin up, you are sure to get the better of it with the correct diet and everything :bighug:

Hi from another re-starter! Your blood pressure is indeed dangerously high, but it's good you found out before anything serious happened. Mine was 200/110 and the doctor immediately gave me a pill and wouldn't let me leave the surgery until it dropped to about 150/90 (still high but no longer critical) because I was at imminent risk of a stroke. I had to go on meds of course, but now I've lost weight I've been able to cut them by half. So chin up, you are sure to get the better of it with the correct diet and everything :bighug:

Thank you so much! Made me feel a lot better.
My hubby got me a monitor yesterday, so I am going to check over the next few days just to reassure myself.
You have done so well, so very reassuring! X

I have heard that high blood pressure readings at the doctors aren't very accurate, although I don't know what the data is based on really, something about how people are nervous when they go to the doctors because you're usually unwell when you have to go? Hopefully it isn't that high at home but properly needs working on... good aim to do! I went over syns today, I am eating before syning and I forgot I had my HEB and had it again, so had to syn it. :( I have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned at work today and walked there, so hopefully the exercise will have helped my day still stay on plan to an extent? I feel so bad atm, my trousers bit into my stomach and my muffin top was so bad I was uncomfortable the entire shift, thinking it was on show or i had camel toe because the trousers were so tight. I can't wear anything bigger because firstly they'd need to order it in and the leg space is so big, it's like walking around in MC Hammer pants :/ so I'll be sticking with my MORE WELL USED work trousers until the new ones fit me better. I'm going to write this in my reasons to lose weight. Along with the fact another girl on my team has lost 4 stone since May and is still going and looks so good and I'm jealous :/ and a girl I can't stand came into work today in normal clothes and looked stunning, I've never 'denighed' she's a pretty thing but she has a black heart (loves to create misery in others to make herself happy). I thought to myself, you should get yourself fitter so you can proudly stand up and feel as pretty as you think she is! I'm an odd ball >.<! xxx

I completely understand your reasons, don't put yourself under too much pressure though!
Wow! Lots of cleaning! I'm sure that it may have counteracted the additional b choice.
Do you have a mini goal in mind?
When I first lost 5 stones, my dress size didn't really change until I had lost about 20lbs, and then it seemed to just go overnight. Mind you, I wasn't doing as much exercise as you then as I had a knee injury.
I don't think that you're on odd ball at all. Funny though that just because someone is slim, we automatically feel 'less worthy'. This girl doesn't sound nice at all. You sound very gentle, so please don't allow her to make you feel this way.
How is the walking going?
Is Wednesday your weigh in day?

Morning!
Up bright and early this morning, sat in bed bringing myself up to speed with Facebook and mini since 6.30 while hubby is snoring ;-).
I've walked home every day this week (3 miles), so will be aiming to maintain this over the weekend. I love walking!

My daughter had a friend coming over to stay (she is 11 next week), so need to do some housework too. As I work full time, I never seem to have the appetite for it during the week!

Plan for the day - red!

Breakfast. Muller light and blueberries
Lunch. Homemade soup, possibly tomato (this is subject to change!)
Tea. Beef madras type curry and lots of veg

A choice = milk
B choice = not decided

I know that you can have 2 x hex a+b, but it is optional.

Had an amazingly bad headache last night, so didn't eat tea. Not the best start.

Anyway, hope everyone had a happy Saturday. X

Cooking again!
Beef curry is in the slow cooker, also doing a turkey curry with frozen leftovers :). Syn free tomato ketchup and Chinese diet coke chicken.
Smells gorgeous!

Morning!! I'm cleaning the kitchen today and doing the laundry :) I'm going to try this Oven Baked Chicken Risotto thats on the Slimming World website. I don't have Risotto rice so I'm going to use normal rice and it'll be more of a rice dish then a risotto as I know it's softer when it's that type of rice.

:)

Morning! Mmm that sounds lovely! Let me know how it turns out. Enjoy the cleaning :). Laundry day for me too. At least the sun is shining here today. x

Mm I love risotto... and prefer it with normal rice, I can't get the hang of Arborio rice somehow...

I completely understand your reasons, don't put yourself under too much pressure though!
Wow! Lots of cleaning! I'm sure that it may have counteracted the additional b choice.
Do you have a mini goal in mind?
When I first lost 5 stones, my dress size didn't really change until I had lost about 20lbs, and then it seemed to just go overnight. Mind you, I wasn't doing as much exercise as you then as I had a knee injury.
I don't think that you're on odd ball at all. Funny though that just because someone is slim, we automatically feel 'less worthy'. This girl doesn't sound nice at all. You sound very gentle, so please don't allow her to make you feel this way.
How is the walking going?
Is Wednesday your weigh in day?

Cleaning for an inspection, we passed, I followed him around and corrected anything he pointed at lol

Erm I really dont know, I got down to 14st 13lb before christmas (beginning of December) I seem to lose all motivation around that point because I feel so much better health wise. I guess this will be my mini goal again, 14st 11lb is my club 10.

I have two dresses I bought id love to fit into, a canery yellow one at size 18, this is about a size 14-16 in the make, and a size 16 which is more of a size 10-12... that one is blue with black pokadota. 50s style dresses.

It's true, its more her body I think that bothers me, she dresses it so well and I just feel like im staring at her when she's not in uniform. Lol I want to be a rockabilly girl tho so im unlikely to dress like her, id love to wear vintage stuff and it usually comes in small sizes. Im hoping my chest gets smaller tbh.

I wont, she already targetted me when I first started, now Im polite but not over friendly.

I haven't been out today as I've concentrated on cleaning the house so I can keep on top of it. Surface cleaning, im usually useless at it lol

Yeah Wednesdays at 7pm. I'd prefer a earlier one but they don't really do early in my area andi have triangle of friends at my group now.

Have you redone your blood pressure at home yet? Xx

Morning! Mmm that sounds lovely! Let me know how it turns out. Enjoy the cleaning :). Laundry day for me too. At least the sun is shining here today. x

Overly bland :/ the rice didn't take the stock in and it took ages to cook.

Cleaning for an inspection, we passed, I followed him around and corrected anything he pointed at lol Erm I really dont know, I got down to 14st 13lb before christmas (beginning of December) I seem to lose all motivation around that point because I feel so much better health wise. I guess this will be my mini goal again, 14st 11lb is my club 10. I have two dresses I bought id love to fit into, a canery yellow one at size 18, this is about a size 14-16 in the make, and a size 16 which is more of a size 10-12... that one is blue with black pokadota. 50s style dresses. It's true, its more her body I think that bothers me, she dresses it so well and I just feel like im staring at her when she's not in uniform. Lol I want to be a rockabilly girl tho so im unlikely to dress like her, id love to wear vintage stuff and it usually comes in small sizes. Im hoping my chest gets smaller tbh. I wont, she already targetted me when I first started, now Im polite but not over friendly. I haven't been out today as I've concentrated on cleaning the house so I can keep on top of it. Surface cleaning, im usually useless at it lol Yeah Wednesdays at 7pm. I'd prefer a earlier one but they don't really do early in my area andi have triangle of friends at my group now. Have you redone your blood pressure at home yet? Xx

Dresses sound gorgeous! I like the sound of your style!
Yeah, we're always cleaning, but I am having the rest of the afternoon on the sofa! X

Where has the day gone?!
Went for a walk with the dog along the shore this morning. It was lovely and breezy.
Just made fake mcdonalds breakfast muffins (I didn't have the muffin, even the children loved them).

Plan for the day
Breakfast: scrambled egg
Lunch: homemade sausage patty, extra lean bacon, poached egg and slice of low fat cheese
Tea: steak, salad and homemade tomato salsa (love it!)

Hea: milk and slice of low cheese
Heb: 227g potato

Now, I'm going to sit down, be lazy and watch tv. As I do all of the cooking for all 5 of us, I deserve an hour of nothing! x

Well I've been AWOL as my step mum unexpectedly passed away in her sleep. The last two weeks have been very sad and to be honest, healthy eating has not happened.
Back on the wagon!

Back