Another restart!

Beckybex

Hi everyone,

Been absent for a little while, on holiday over half term! It was a camping trip and the diet went completely out the window, you name it I ate and drank it. And I made myself feel terrible with all the bread and pasta which I'd manage to cut out entirely before. Am thinking I've put on at least half a stone, if not more. I haven't weighed for nearly 2 weeks because I'm too scared! I did start again yesterday, back on MFP too and promise will be good until next holiday in August! I'm starting to feel better already, had tummy cramps, bloating and wind(sorry!) from all the rubbish I ate but thats all gone already.

However, what I need help with now is, do I weigh now, or keep going being good and weigh in normal day, Friday? I'm an emotional eater and I'm worried if I'm back to square one I'll feel like giving up. On the other hand it might give me even more determination to keep going. But if I leave it til Friday, maybe I'll have lost the horrible water weight and it won't seem so bad!

Its crazy to be so scared of the scales. :sigh:

Welcome back! Don't feel too bad about your holiday - I hope you had fun at least! I'd leave it til Friday for your weight to normalise a bit and for levels of things to rebalance, especially as you seem quite nervous about it anyway. Weighing in today *could* be a nice surprise, but it's not really worth the risk of upsetting yourself as you've done a great job of getting back on track yesterday and you don't want to be deterred by a silly number. x

Welcome back Becky :D

Think how fab you will feel in as little as the next week if you keep going.

I used to get the cramps and stuff too, don't know why we do it to ourselves!

Thanks everyone! I have been feeling a bit down and previously was weighing every day. Maybe I've broken the habit at last, def waiting til friday!

Good for you, I am trying to stay away from my scales until WI, but fail miserably!
You'll soon lose the extra lbs, you may be pleasantly surprised come Friday :)

I'm a shocking hypocrite saying this but..... Wait!!!

I weigh far too often but after a bad binge at weekend I forced myself to stay away, did a load of extra exercise and drank gallons of water. It worked as I'd lost 2lbs at weigh in but I KNOW if I'd weighed and found a gain I'd have felt rubbish and been vulnerable to another binge which would just set the whole evil cycle round again.

But if you can't stay away just try your best to let it go!! A few days off on holiday are totally allowed!! Not even the skinniest person's weight stays totally stable!! And you know exactly how to get those pounds back off!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

But if you can't stay away just try your best to let it go!! A few days off on holiday are totally allowed!! Not even the skinniest person's weight stays totally stable!! And you know exactly how to get those pounds back off!!

I love this part of your post, it is one of the most sensible things I have read in years and so so true!

Lol I'm a genius! Now if I can just follow me own advice..........

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back