Another thread labelled "Im new!"

Rachdc

Hey all,

Ive just started Celebrity Slim for the first time today and its 19:51 and im absolutely starving!! Please tell me it wont always be like this =(.

I had a shake for my breakfast, an apple for a snack. Soup for lunch and a bit of curry for tea. Can someone provide me with a daily menu for a day to use as a starting point please?

Also how do i add my BMI to my profile ?

Last edited:
a typical menu looks like this.

brekkie - shake
snack - half an apple
lunch - soup
snack - fridge raiders
dinner - low carb meal
snack - other half of apple

you mentioned you had curry? did you have rice with it and was it low carb?

and i think you need to put in your current weight aswell for the bmi to show

i didnt have rice or pasta or anything with it no.. i take it when you say fridge raiders you mean like odd bits and ends of vegetables etc?

no theyre a snack you can get from supermarkets.

as long as you stick to low carb you'll be fine :)

Fridge Raiders are a snack as Kels said, they are just like little bits of chicken, which are lush! Especially if you have a meat tooth like me! :D

The hunger will pass, it's just your body is getting used to not consuming so much. I re-started on Monday, and I've had a constant headache since then, and feel hungry all the time. Yesterday I had a bag of the Fridge Raiders, but my stomach was still rumbling!

The first few days/ week are the hardest, but it will settle down to the routine.

:) :)

ahh ive never heard of them !! must look out for them when im next shopping. Thanks for your help, i hate to be a pain but ive just a few questions more for you guys :p ...

1. when it says you can combine snacks does that mean you lose out on them during the day and eat them as a little meal ? or can you combine and still eat the 3 snacks daily?

2. for a snack as long as the fat count is low and the carbohydrate count is less that 10g in 100g theyre ok? so little packets of prawns, ham or bacon is ok??
im tired of apples already lol!!

3. when i cook my main meal is the best idea to put as many vegetables in as possible to fill me up ?

ahh ive never heard of them !! must look out for them when im next shopping. Thanks for your help, i hate to be a pain but ive just a few questions more for you guys :p ...

1. when it says you can combine snacks does that mean you lose out on them during the day and eat them as a little meal ? or can you combine and still eat the 3 snacks daily?

i understood it as you combine them for example combine 2 snacks together to create a bigger one and then just have smaller one later on. hope that makes sense

2. for a snack as long as the fat count is low and the carbohydrate count is less that 10g in 100g theyre ok? so little packets of prawns, ham or bacon is ok??
im tired of apples already lol!!

youve hit it right on the nail with the carbs and fat. i dont see a problem with prawns, ham or bacons as its almost pure protein and low in carb

3. when i cook my main meal is the best idea to put as many vegetables in as possible to fill me up ?

ideally on your plate should 1/4 meat and 3.4 veg so yes much away till your stuffed

hope this helps

thankyou so much ! Just back from the supermarket bought loads of meat and veggies to keep me going !! Had a beef stirfry and filled my plate with veg today for my tea was absolutely lush ! =)

:) its the veggies that make it a whole lot easier tbh. :)

ahh definately!! it is ok to eat anything thats less than 10g in every 100g they say but no more than 100g a day... so i bought weight watchers yoghurts they were only something like 6.7 or something like that, adds a bit of variety!

So glad theres a forum or else id be completely lost on this diet as the book really isnt that clear!

the book is rather crap to be honest, but as long as you stick to the main principles and the weight comes off then everyones happy.

are you managing to get all your water in?

jesus yes!!! ive never been a water drinker before i started this diet now im drinking about 6x500ml bottles at least a day! my stomach makes water noises everytime i move! and the bloatness, lol my stomach is so bloated with the fluid intake..

haha lol! but i think water is the key to good consitant losses onnany diet :) the more you drink the more you shrink.

i get in neary 6L's everyday. im a water holic :)

i used to go to the toilet once in the morning and once maybe afternoon then before bed, because i didnt drink so much. Now im going at least 7 times a day! In a job were i tend to be driving most of the day it can be difficult at times and panic hits in when i cant find a loo lol

awww that must be a right downside to this diet but as the weeks go on it gets easier i promise!

another question ive thought of !!!
If im taking meat as a snack how much am i allowed...is it true its the width of your hand and no more?
gonna have some tomorrow for a snack.

Breakfast = shake
Snack = egg, mayo, lettuce and cucumber
lunch = bar
snack = 120g cherries
tea = gammon, and veggies
snack = small portion size of my stirfry from night befores dinner

does this sound ok ??

Last edited:
i eat loooadsa meat aslong as its got no fat on it. its pure protein and doesnt contain carbs. i still had healthy losses. ive never heard of the hand thing

I'm lucky that I have, what I call a "Meat Tooth" :)

So being on this diet is almost perfect for me. Where some people crave some chocolate or something sweet in the afternoon, I just want some meat! (sounds rude I know! I said out loud at work yesterday I wanted some sausage!!:D)

So those little bags of chicken fridge raiders we have spoken about are perfect. If I need a little snack, I go for them. All meat, not a lot of fat in them. I don't feel all bloated afterwards.

I have read about the hand thing before....in a magazine. They also say that a piece of cheese should be the size of a domino, and that a jacket potato should be no bigger than your fist. It's all a bit silly to be honest. Best thing is just to eat enough so that you feel comfortably full, so no signs of belly ache afterwards.

x

at the minute i struggle in the morning mostly.. come afternoon when i get my dinner (meal) i feel full !
im getting the sore heads at present so its obviously working. they said thats a good sign!

Back