any bikers here?

shrinkingalice

Silver Member
Hiya,

ive seen a couple of bike related threads but I just wanted to see who rides a bike here? I love my bike, Vulcan Harrier 125, and I am doing my test in the next few months and buying my friends VFR 400, cant wait! My boyfriend has a Suzuki bandit 1200 and once Ive done my test he says once I have had 6 months without a hiccup on the VFR I can ride his bandit hehe. How fun!!
So... What do you ride? Do you ever go to bike rallies?

hubby has a harley dynaglide sport, used to have a yamaha trx850. dont ride myself but enjoy pillion. used to go loads rallies before we had the kids but not so much now, but soon as they're old enough to fend for themselves!!!

My O/H has a Bandit 650, infact he has just come back from a long weekend in Scotland with the boys (covering over 1000 miles). He has a bad back, achey knees (cycle knee pads too tight) but enjoyed every minute of it.

We have a harley sportster & a triumph tiger cub we both ride the cub is still in kit form but should have it's wheels on this year will post a picture when finished

I so so want a bike, but I want to lose weight first.. When I get to target, Im getting me a bike!!! :D

my man rides a Yamaha FJR 300, and i am a converted bike chick for sure!!!

Lifelong biker here too.

I used to have a Bandit 1200 which I loved, unfortunately it got stolen :mad: so I went without a bike for a few years until last year when I bought a Yamaha Virago 750. I really like customs/cruiser (like Harleys etc) but this is the first time I've had one strangely enough.

Would love to get a VFR 800 and do some proper touring on it, although last July I did go on a two week trip to the Himlayas with a group of bikers on Royal Enfield Bullets - that was an incredible journey and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I talked about it in the Lipotrim forums (as that was the diet I was on at the time) here - http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/110422-himalayan-pics.html - feel free to take a gander!

-Pete.

My reward for losing all the weight is to get qualified and buy a bike.

The reason I wont do it til then is I dont want to be the 25 stone biker dude who has to have special leather made from 17 cows and be spilling all over the bike.

I wanna be the hench biker dude...........

Thats my reward for losing weight.

I'm a biker, well kind of.
Had my cbt at 16 but after kids and car licence never rode one (apart from pillion) until summer this year!
Took my cbt again and got a CBR125, going to get some road experience for the 2 years my cbt lasts and then decide if I go on to do my test and get bigger bike or re-take cbt again.
Trouble is I struggle to find the time to get out on her and really am worried about the money I spent buying her (and some new kit plus insurance etc) and not getting the use. OH has a ZX6R Ninja. Dont think he'll be letting me anywhere near that soon though lol It is nice if we get a few hours over the weekends to ride out together but with 4 kids its not always easy.

Ride safe everyone.

Thats a good point. QUESTION to all those who have qualified recently.

I have no bike experience apart from being an avid cyclist and riding a scooter on holiday.

Including allt he equipment (except bike itself) how much would it cost roughly to get qualified.

Lifelong biker here too.

I used to have a Bandit 1200 which I loved, unfortunately it got stolen :mad: so I went without a bike for a few years until last year when I bought a Yamaha Virago 750. I really like customs/cruiser (like Harleys etc) but this is the first time I've had one strangely enough.

Would love to get a VFR 800 and do some proper touring on it, although last July I did go on a two week trip to the Himlayas with a group of bikers on Royal Enfield Bullets - that was an incredible journey and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I talked about it in the Lipotrim forums (as that was the diet I was on at the time) here - http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/110422-himalayan-pics.html - feel free to take a gander!

-Pete.

Virago thats going to be my next one I am looking for a basket case now i've finished the tiger cub

sulley, it can depend on the area u live in, near me for a CBT its about £150, full test is around £400. Then your bike can be anywhere from £350 upwards, helmet from £50 upwards, leathers around £300... so there you go. Im sure ive spent more than this on my 2 bikes Ive had so far (2 in 2 years!), helmets that ive had to change after dropping them or just wear and tear, parts for the bikes, and not forgetting FUEL! LOL

This 'girl' rides a Hayabusa!

yeah i know-that back seat is sumptuous,compared to the 'birdtable' i had to sit on when he had a sportsbike-a bit of comfort in my old age!!

He wants to paint it black- i like it purple!!!

Back