Any carb free dinner ideas guys?

BravingABikini said:
As much as I love seeing a friend when they have lost weight it does make me think "Why didn't I start when you did!?!"

I've never tried boxercise. Is it good fun? I always liked the look of body attack...not cure if thats a similar thing?

I tend to run away from any co-ordinated classes on account of a complete lack of said co-ordination. I see what the instructor is doing, but somehow it does not translate to my body. I'm thinking left foot forward, but I'm doing starjumps. Body pump is about the closest I can manage to anything like that.

Yeah i really wish i had of started when she did but i just wasn't in that place yet. Now that im here now ana dieting its helpful to use all the tips and things that she learned along the way.

Oh you should really look into boxercise. Its so easy to master. Its usually an hour long and you do the usual star jumps and general stretches as well as jogging on the spot and things but then after that you get partnered off and you just box pads left and right. Theres a few strength exercises thrown in as well. Its a total cardio workout. According to the trainer if you give it your all you should burn up to 1000 cals per class.

AliGal said:
Please forgive me for dropping by as I'm currently on a vlcd. I recommend googling Marks daily Apple and paleo recipes for interesting low carb dishes.

Enjoy!

Ali

How you finding the vlcd??

I don't really have a gym nearby at the minute. I'm doing a mix of running, home workouts and park bootcamp as my exercise for the time being. Boxercise doesn't sound anything like I thought it would be...but in a good way. I will look into it in a few months.

Well, we'll see how long I keep it up. I am in the unfortunate position of having a lot of lycra clad runners in my area, so I am always going to look ridiculous and unfit in comparison. C'est la vie.

Aww god not to be hating on them but i wish they would jog somewhere else until im fit enough to get out there with them lol

Quite! It's all right though. They can be my inspiration. I may be an imposter in their midst now, but one day I'll be one of them and I'll buy some lycra of my own and sail off into the distance leaving the future imposters in my wake.
...Maybe not.

Shinner - the Alizonne vlcd has astonished me. I've not felt hungry and am 31lbs down since 15 Dec. Mine has salads at lunchtime and veggies in the evening - from an approved list. The sachets make shakes, savory dishes and puddings.

The key to vlcd is managing the period after you are at goal. There has to be a new normal or else you just get fat again!

Ali

AliGal said:
Shinner - the Alizonne vlcd has astonished me. I've not felt hungry and am 31lbs down since 15 Dec. Mine has salads at lunchtime and veggies in the evening - from an approved list. The sachets make shakes, savory dishes and puddings.

The key to vlcd is managing the period after you are at goal. There has to be a new normal or else you just get fat again!

Ali

Omg thats amazing!!! Fair play to ya! Are ya far off your goal?? Im doing well at the moment so praying im down now on sunday!

JackieN said:
have you tried butternut squash or celeriac as chips or roasties :)

Im a food dummie so would you mind if i asked what celeriac is. And how would ya go about making roasties out of butternut squash im loving that idea.

I was the same :) every one kept talkng about bns and i had to ask what it was butternut squash

celeriac is usually near carrots, turnips etc as its a larger root veg. has a knobbly skin which you cut off and its hard like parsnip

i do chips, roasties in the same way

peel the squash and deseed

chop into chips or chunks for roasties

i then use either 1 tablespoon of olive oil or spray the roasting tin with frylight

add a crumbled knorr chicken stockcube

toss the chips/roasties around in the mix

bake for 10 mins on about 220

take out and toss around again

bake on 200 until cooked :D try it they are lush :D

Cheers jackie ill defs try that out with my sunday roast tomorrow. Il have some steak, roasties from bns and veg.. Shall be yummy! :)

Aww yeah iv those herbs at home. What do the roasties taste like?? Have they carbs?? Im trying to eat none and am really missing my potatoes

Just a little note on the butternut squash. If you are trying to have a low/no carb diet, this is perhaps not the way to go.
Butternut squash is lower carb than potato with just over half the carb content...but it is still quite high.
On the atkins diet you would not be allowed this vegetable during induction stage as it is too high in carb content.

If you aren't overly bothered about carbs then it is an excellent substitution for potato and is one of my all time favourite foods. I just thought I should mention as i thought you specifically wanted very low carb foods.

Back