Any fellow SW's with PCOS?

Determined_one

Hi there,

Been on the forum a while now and I was just wondering if any of fellow Slimming Worlders have PCOS?

Do you find there's any free or speed foods you have to avoid or cut out all together because of the PCOS?

I always seem to find on the weeks where i've eaten a lot of fruit or had all 15 of my syns I seem to lose less weight which i'm assuming is to do with PCOS and sugar intake.

Just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences?

:)

Hi there I also have pcos , I think its different for everyone , I get good losses when I eat plenty of fruit and use all my syns ive lost 2 stone 1.5lbs in 7 weigh ins so must be doing something right lol although I do have a lot to lose so probably easier now than it will be further down the line
carbs are the worst for me bread mainly so I tend not to eat a lot of bread .

well done on your loss so far xx

That's amazing an amazing loss in 7 weigh ins!! Well done you!

Thank you ive amazed myself to be honest.
I did slimming world a few times before but feel different this time and am more determined this time round maybe because i got engaged i dunno lol but defo dont want to be a fat bride x

Hey!

I started SW last Thursday & have PCOS. I'd not thought about the sugar content in fruit affecting me, I'll see how I do on Thursday!
How is everyone else finding it?

Doesnt affect me ive lost 2st 5.5lbs in 10 weeks
good lucK with your first weigh in im sure you will smash it xx

*WAVES*

Yep, I'm in the PCOS boat. Had it since around 15/16 however not the usual dodgy star weeks. I don't know how it works. I have the cysts but not the usual symptoms really. However I know if I have had a really good loss(5/6/7lb) for the month I tend to come on early and my week is a bit funky... same if I gain 6/7lb within the month I get delayed and tend to be on for longer.
The most I've gained in a week is 3lb and my losses aren't huge either. In 18 months I've only had 4 big loses one of those was the first week. 6lb and 3 5lbers. Generally, i tend to be a 2 off half on, half off 1 on kind of pattern. I do notice if I double carb (Bread for lunch, pasta for tea) that my losses are affected since carbs tend to stick to us like glue I am trying to cut down on the doubles who knows how it will work haha.

x

Yes! I hope this thread is still alive!

I'm in the PCOS boat and vegan to boot. I've only had one weigh in and was down 3.5lbs. My first weigh in was in the evening and second in the morning so who knows if I even lost anything!

Anyway, I'm going to do my best to exercise every day this week and see if I can get my target of 2lbs this week. Also going to try to eat more veg as snacks instead of fruit all the time just in case the fruit makes a difference like ye suggested! :)

Haha yes it's still very much alive

Congratulations on a great first week loss!

Back