Any idea's for evening/weekend nibbles?

Hi all,

So far I have to say I am liking Slimming World!! I do miss having nibbles in the evenings while watching TV or if friends come over. I would usually have tortilla crisps and dips, chocolate, popcorn that sort of thing. :party0051:

I'm hearing conflicting information about 'tweaking' so I am too worried to make lasagne sheet 'crisps'!

Can anyone come up with some recipes for EE which I could try? I'm making some salmon bites for tonight, but that is all I've got so far!

Than you in advance.

SBG

Falafel and raita - free on EE

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
2 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
3 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
6 tbsp very finely chopped fresh coriander
1 small egg
salt
low calorie cooking spray

[For the raita]
no sugar mint sauce - coleman's mint concentrate
fat-free natural yogurt
Pinch chilli powder
Pinch turmeric
Pinch salt

Place the onion, carrot, chickpeas, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli powder and the ground and fresh coriander in a food processor. Pulse and process for 1-2 minutes until blended but still fairly chunky in texture.
Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg and add to the mixture. Season with salt and, using your fingers, mix thoroughly to combine. Cover and chill in the fridge for 6-8 hours to firm up and allow the flavours to develop.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray. Shape the chickpea mixture into 24 bite-sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and firm. Allow to cool a little before eating.

[To make the raita]
Combine ingredients to taste.
Serve chilled.

Also nice with the raita:
Onion bajis

200 g onions, sliced finely
50 g gram flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp green chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/4 tsp baking powder
Salt
Frylight

[To serve]
Paprika, pinch

Preheat oven to 220C.
Put onions, flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, chilli, coriander and baking powder in a bowl.
season with salt and add a little water to make form a thick batter that coats the onion. Rest for 15 minutes and then use fingers to mix again.
Line baking sheet with greaseproof paper and drop mounds of mix to make 12 equal bhajis.
Spray with frylight and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Remove, sprinkle with paprika and serve.

Liz
X

Forgot to say, the bajis are 1 syn each on EE

Liz
X

Falafel and raita - free on EE

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
2 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
3 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
6 tbsp very finely chopped fresh coriander
1 small egg
salt
low calorie cooking spray

[For the raita]
no sugar mint sauce - coleman's mint concentrate
fat-free natural yogurt
Pinch chilli powder
Pinch turmeric
Pinch salt

Place the onion, carrot, chickpeas, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli powder and the ground and fresh coriander in a food processor. Pulse and process for 1-2 minutes until blended but still fairly chunky in texture.
Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg and add to the mixture. Season with salt and, using your fingers, mix thoroughly to combine. Cover and chill in the fridge for 6-8 hours to firm up and allow the flavours to develop.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray. Shape the chickpea mixture into 24 bite-sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and firm. Allow to cool a little before eating.

[To make the raita]
Combine ingredients to taste.
Serve chilled.

Also nice with the raita:
Onion bajis

200 g onions, sliced finely
50 g gram flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp green chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/4 tsp baking powder
Salt
Frylight

[To serve]
Paprika, pinch

Preheat oven to 220C.
Put onions, flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, chilli, coriander and baking powder in a bowl.
season with salt and add a little water to make form a thick batter that coats the onion. Rest for 15 minutes and then use fingers to mix again.
Line baking sheet with greaseproof paper and drop mounds of mix to make 12 equal bhajis.
Spray with frylight and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Remove, sprinkle with paprika and serve.

Liz
X

Wow! The falafel sounds smashing! Thank you Liz, I will try them this weekend x

if you want to try lasagne crisps its only syns if you make a whole pack of them and ear the whole pack. they are yummy with salt and pepper.. or i make a garlic dip out of fat free yoghurt a pinch or 2 of garlic granules a little salt and pepper, i like doing carrot and celery also i like freezing some grapes

oooh and free veggie pakoras: 2 large potatoes peeled, chopped and boiled till soft, mash them up with soe toghurt salt and pepper and mix in some veggies fried up (fry light) chopped carrot, peas, sweetcorn, broccoli/cauliflower, fried up with 2 TBSP of curry powder and some cumin teaspooned onto a tray and baked till going crispy

if you want to try lasagne crisps its only syns if you make a whole pack of them and ear the whole pack. they are yummy with salt and pepper.. or i make a garlic dip out of fat free yoghurt a pinch or 2 of garlic granules a little salt and pepper, i like doing carrot and celery also i like freezing some grapes

From the SW Website-
Are couscous cake, Smash pizzas and lasagne-sheet 'Doritos' Free?
You might be disappointed to hear that they're not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned. When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they're low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods - giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), used as a sauce thickener (like Smash), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they're often used as additions to a main meal... and on top of your day's Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns

Back