Any inspiring advice please?

Hey everyone,
I did LT last year and achieved a total weight loss of 23.5kgs which brought my BMI from 30 down to 22 and my weight from 86.5kgs to 63kgs!!!

However, I never refed properly, and have gained almost all of it back as I didn't calorie count either, now I totally want to restart LT, however Ive tried to at least 7 times recently!! But failed every single time the most time that I lasted when I did LT a few weeks ago was for 4 days, and then I craved food and gave in, sniff... anyone got some real good advice to help me get straight back up onto LT asap.. as my weight is seriously depressing me now...

Silver Rainbows.

heya (WAVES)

Don't be so hard onn yourself, your not inn any frame of mind to commit to this right now, this is the advice my chemist gave to my sis who is also struggling to get back on LT, she was going for 5 months and has put about a stone back on since, she has tryed many times to get back on but is not in the same zone as she was the first time round.

Chill out a bit and give yourself a date, this doesnt mean eat everything untill that date lol, (behave) :D:D:D

When the date comes round give it your best shot like the first time round, you have done it before, you CAN do it again.

Good luck :D:D:D

Just take it one day at a time. I haven't had a break yet but I know I'm scared of eating food again and gaining the weight.

One thing I have discovered though is that I'm a comfort eater. I'm hoping that by doing this diet, I can break the chain of eating for the wrong reasons and think about what I'm putting my mouth instead of eating it, looking at my hand and wondering where the 5 chocolate biscuits went - lol !

I think if you do one week and get to weigh in you will be flying again. So you need to take the bull by the horns and go for it. Keep on here constantly for the week. Keep busy. You KNOW you can do this. You KNOW that you WANT to do this. So bite the bullet hun! We are here to kick your butt as necessary!!!

I agree that you have to be in the right state of mind!

Do you have pictures of yourself from when you lost the weight? and pictures of you now??

I would put them up beside each other arround the house and on the fridge!! Every time you reach for food that will be the thing you see and it would hopefully spur you to turn back arround and reach for that glass of water :)

Good luck xxxxxx

The restart is hard to get back into so you do need to get your head in gear. Today is day 6 for me today but I have been trying to restart since February and had several attemps ranging from 4 days to 14 days so I decided to bit the bullet and just get on with it and take it 1 day at a time and look forward to my first weigh in. Although I put a stone back on I decided I would just do 4 weeks as this will take me to my holidays and the April challenge is 4 weeks so I just thought what have I got to loose apart from weight.

Good luck with whatever you decided to do, just do what you think will work best for you.

Jo x

Thanks for the terrific advice girls! today's day 1! Im gonna post in here later to let u know if I stayed firm on this, without caving in!
Unfortunately Im a comfort eater too, but intend to battle this out by sorting emotions out! anyone heard of 'shrink yourself' it's got an excellent explanation and help guide for any emotional eaters out there.
Once again thank you! and yes I will need some butt kicking, if I dont keep at this!!! x

Wooo keep thinking like that hun!! Once you get to your first weigh in you'll be amazed at how the weeks seem to go! I'm on 4 weeks now and it seems to have flown! Keep the positive attitude up its great :D xx

Hope you are doing ok. I also did this diet 2 years ago and I lost 2 stone but have put 1 back on as I didn't refeed either. Have also tried a few times this year to restart but never made it past the first few days.

I am now on my second week but did pick on week one but eventaully finding it a bit easier.

Hope you are doing ok!

Thanks for the encouragement every1! Day 2 is almost done!! Can't wait till the end of the week and my first weigh in!! Im already down 1kg since yesterday!

Back