Any May starters out there?

Hey Flex - you are sounding a bit like me. I have had a couple of low weigh ins at class and have become totally and utterly fixated by the scales. I cant seem to walk past them without hopping on. It has been getting me down so bad that my OH has now taken the batteries out - so no more hopping on and off for me :sigh:

LOL @ your OH IWGT

I've hid my scales away today as I was hopping on every time I went for a pee! And getting very frustrated with the fact they haven't moved all bloody week despite me being 100% - realised I was setting myself up to fail so no more hopping on and off like a woman possessed!

Really anxious about my weigh in on Sunday night now though!!

im the same!!! my weight has stayed the same since tues nyt, i even bought new batteries for my wii fit, just incase. ill do it 2moro am before work when im at my lightest lol. xx

Completely with you both on the scales things. Why is it we become so obsessed with what they say. I knew I was getting smaller cos im into clothes i couldnt get into 2 wks ago but because the scales were hardly moving I was like doom and gloom lol. Do you not find if the scales are down - then you be in fantastic mood all day but if they are same or up then you are like a bear with a sore head all day lol.

I know! It was getitng beyond ridiculous to the scales had to go!

im the same AGAIN!! think im gona tell my oh to hide my wii fit, at least until my proper weigh on on tues xx

I don't have any scales in house. Only get weighed at maintenance class, otherwise it becomes an obsession for me and can set the mood, good or bad, for a whole day. We all fluctuate during the day and night deoending on various different factors.
One thing is for certain, if you stay 100% abstinent you are going to lose weight, but not always at the same rate.

Thanks SB. I havent weighed myself at home for 3 days now. Couldnt keep doing it cos it really does set the mood for the rest of the day. You are right - just stay 100% abstinent and the weight will come off. A new girl joined our group on Thurs night and she couldnt believe that i have stayed 100% abstinent since day one. I told her i havent so much as licked my finger and she was amazed. Kinda amazed myself lol x

That is a wonderful achievement IWGT and you should rightly be proud of yourself :)

I've taken to sniffing food lately! Sounds odd but because I know I can't have it I also want to hear what everyone has had for lunch at work - beyond bizzare!

And as for those scales they are now enemy No.1 and I will be a slave to them no more! Have got a few items of clothing out of my wardrobe that I can nearly get into - so trying on stuff will be my thing from now on :D

I def think the way forward is for us to become obsessed with trying on clothes that nearly fit us - instead of jumpin off and on the scales every time we walk past them. At the end of the day it is all about how we look in our clothes that really matters and not how much we weigh.

well IWGT, you truly are inspiring and that little purple bloke running around in your sig is the reason you are doing this.

I wish I hadnt had that bad week. Im still beating myself up about it and the slow slow losses the last few weeks have really drained my resolve.

I know what you are all saying about abstaining and you will loose, but the way I am feeling I need to see those scales go down. If I dont Im not sure I would be happy. The surprise of big losses is great, but the if I got on with the small losses ive recently had (whilst in abstainance) I would possibly cry.

Im hoping that this is all because of muscle being built from my exercise and not just rediculously slow losses, well I say that but weight watchers would kill for my losses (but then atm I would kill for some of their diet :p)

Something that has started to concern me is how much skin weighs. As you can imagine I have quite a bit hanging about now. I can feel some structure below ths skin and remaining flab, but the skin surely must weigh quite a bit? does this go eventually?

Flex, don't despair the "small" losses....there will be weeks they are less then others because your body can only do so much. But when you feel discouraged, take a good overall look at the big picture.....I have added up your losses, and you have AVERAGE a WOPPING 4.4 lbs per week! That is brilliant!

There were weeks, I only lost ounces - but it all added up to an average that no other diet could compare. (expcept other VLCDs of course).

When you feel discourage, another good thing to do is break out the tape measurer and see the lost inches as opposed to the weight.

Its all working as it should. :)

Keep going strong!

x

Thanks BL.

I will be happy if I can keep above a stone a month.

Need to end this slump.

Really want to get that 5st loss before the end of august which would be well over what I could have dreamed in 4 months.

im just greedy.

Sure ill be happier this evening, well I really hope so. couple lb please oh god of LL losses

I'm going for my second weigh in tonight Flex, I know it won't be up to last week's but I'd love to make it to double figures for total lost! It's amazing the effect those little numbers can make to our state of mind.

I'm going for my second weigh in tonight Flex, I know it won't be up to last week's but I'd love to make it to double figures for total lost! It's amazing the effect those little numbers can make to our state of mind.

madness innit.

But I would not be surprised if you make it in to double figures 2nd week surely will be 3+lb.

You could even make your stone this week

Know how you feel Flex. I'm still sulking about being 2lb short of a 2stone loss in 2 months so I'm hardly one to talk about being greedy!

I just need not to be a slave to those bloody scales! After all I've averaged 3.25lb loss a week which is more than enough - why oh why do I want more??!!

WEel that's 2lb this week. Well 1.1kg. That puts me at4. Just over. Overall29.1kg lost.

Very happy today

Good week ahead I hope

Back