Any May starters out there?

Wow everyone is doing so great! I have lost 9 pounds in 5 days I know you shouldn't but I have been weighing myself every day!

So after the first week it's fat burning all the way by everyone's accounts?

I am really thinking about food alot today does that go away? Does the counselling really help you get those thoughts far far away? I had such a crappy day today at work and my first thought it to eat and drink but i wont. I am just hoping this counselling will help as when I have done Cambridge before the lack of advice/support seemed to help in my failure or is it just my own lack of willpower?

Anyway I will stick with it I am so determined this time.

Hope everyone had a great day

wow blonde and flexi and ali you are all doing great.... its so good isnt it when its coming off so fast makes us want to stick with it!!!!

i must get out walking some more this week.... yikes been a bit lasy today :(

theres always tomorrow :)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE... WE ALL DESERVE A PAT ON THE BACK :)

Ali, the thoughts of food may come and go, but the further you get in the diet, the less they torment you. ;) It passes. :)

For me, knowing all my life that the problem I had with food was not my hands and mouth, but my head. The diet coupled with the counseling was the ticket - sorted me out, and was worth every minute and every penny.

Good luck! :)

So as you may from the sig. I lost another 6.5lbs, well chuffed. Didn't rest and did a 3mile walk afterward.

Keep going gang. I'm expecting the drops to go to 1s& 2s in a couple weeks so enjoying it whilst I can.

The Bordem of food packs is all worth it for a 19lb loss so far.

Has anyone set a target yet? I'm not sure yet. To get to ahealthy bmi seems really weird and I'm not to sure what I would look like and can't imagine myself anywhere near that. In my head I've got a target of 15 stone as that's the lowest I've been in my adult life when I was 22 and I know what I look like, but that is still overweight and a bmi of 28 or summit. Any advice on how I can ser a reasonable, achievable weight and more importantly getting my head round the idea of change.

Hi FB. Well done so far, you are doing good!

Any target, on this diet is acheivable. I lost 10 stone - had a BMI of 50 something, and got it down to 24 and maintained that for nearly 2 years. (Have just had a blip recently due to losing my mom in very traumatic circs and put on 2 stone, but they are on there way off again now. Phew.)

But I thought there was no sense to do this hardcore diet, if I did not take it all the way to "healthy".

At times, it seemed it would be an eternity before I got there. When I did get there, looking back, it felt like minutes.

So I would suggest, go all the way - the whole point is to be healthy. You will adjust, and wrap your head around it all as you go, and change comes with that. Or getting used to the change I should say.

Go for it - you wil feel so proud that you did!!

x

Hi FB. Well done so far, you are doing good!

Any target, on this diet is acheivable. I lost 10 stone - had a BMI of 50 something, and got it down to 24 and maintained that for nearly 2 years. (Have just had a blip recently due to losing my mom in very traumatic circs and put on 2 stone, but they are on there way off again now. Phew.)

But I thought there was no sense to do this hardcore diet, if I did not take it all the way to "healthy".

At times, it seemed it would be an eternity before I got there. When I did get there, looking back, it felt like minutes.

So I would suggest, go all the way - the whole point is to be healthy. You will adjust, and wrap your head around it all as you go, and change comes with that. Or getting used to the change I should say.

Go for it - you wil feel so proud that you did!!

x

Thanks for that. healthy and a bit it is. :eek: (howm I gonna do that...keep going i suppose)

Hi All

So I'm on Day 2 and i don't feel to bad this morning. It's a lovely sunny day which makes it easier not to think about food.

All your weight losses so far have been extremely motivating! Well done all!

good to hear you are giving it a go. No one in my group had the headaches/tiredness at all. The big thing was worrying we would, so we all hammered the water down us (often and small amounts all day).

Enjoy the sun and think about YOU instead of food. Think how you will feel if you did eat that food and how you would feel when the weight comes off and think how you can stop yourself from being tempted. what reasons are you doing the life change? I dont mean punnish and guilt, but the prospect for me of being healthier, living longer, being more active, more confident, braver to try new things, less constrained by my size, happier, making better use of my time, plan to achieve something that is hard... these things outweigh a snack for me. Think why you want to do this plan?

Couple of things I have used to try and overcome my feelings.

Eating slower, drinking more (tricking body in to felling more full)
Using smaller bowls, mugs, glasses and spoons to take my packs. (tricking my minds eye in to thinking Im not having small portions)
Keeping food away from me, so not storing my packs with conventional foods....(yet I cook as it keeps me occupied, but not when I am hungry).
Staying busy(walking, playing computer games, doing things with my hands stops me getting bored and using them as shovels.
Keeping a mood diary. When I feel like I would usually eat or drink something I write it down...that way I hope that I can spot some patterns and stop them in the future. (So far I have spotted that watching football makes me want to snack, booze and order in pizza...strange that this habit has aquired over time).
And the biggy, looking at myself in the mirror and telling myself how well I have done and how well I will do. Never done this before as I hate my reflection, but it really does help verbalising a motivation for myself.

I am not a traditional self help freak, but I realise that this is about mind as well as body, and I need to change the way I use my mind if I want to become and stay healthy.

Good luck with your journey.....and drink lots of water.

by the way I know I am only just over 3 weeks in, and I am speaking like I know the whole thing....please do not think this is arrogance....but if I put my mind to it now, when those times do get hard I hope to have some skills to cope.

Ill let you know if my tactics are still working in a few months time

Hi
I am starting the programme today. Kinda nervous have heard mixed reviews about lighterlife, but after reading the forum it has helped. Hope I can stick to this.
Sonia

Hi
I am starting the programme today. Kinda nervous have heard mixed reviews about lighterlife, but after reading the forum it has helped. Hope I can stick to this.
Sonia

once you see that initial weigh in you will feel like you can carry on.

Can I ask what mixed reviews? only bad is in the daily mail. everyone I know from first hand who did it have not looked back, lost lots and not put it back and had no side effects.

Thanks BL - Such good advice as my first meeting was the whole drill of weighing, measuring, meeting and greeting I feel I need a real good counselling session and to learn these new techniques to start training my brain to not think about food!

Everyone's posts and loses are really great.

I wouldn't worry about mixed reviews or negative press you will know if you are going to do it once you start and as long as you follow the plan, drink lots and spend a bit of time of here for inspiration it will all go swimmingly!

I am however 6 days in but feeling pretty positive! :p

xxx

Hi Ali.
You will be grand. You will get all the support you need and more from this forum. Any questions you have just ask and someone will always come back with the answer. Its an amazing site to keep motivated and everyone is so welcoming and friendly. Good luck :)

I know it's great, nice people, questions answered and time killed when I would have been eating!

I really better go now my daughter and dog still need feeding!!

Hope everyone has a good evening

once you see that initial weigh in you will feel like you can carry on.

Can I ask what mixed reviews? only bad is in the daily mail. everyone I know from first hand who did it have not looked back, lost lots and not put it back and had no side effects.

Before I found this forum I was reading on different websites about the side effects like loss of hair, kidney problems etc. That got me worried. But am feeling more positive now.

Hi Sonia
I read the 'scary stories' too before i started but came to the conclusion that i was eating myself to death anyway so what the hell. Most of the people slating LL - didnt do route to management. They just lost the weight and then started eating again. Its gotta be a change for life

Hi Sonia
I read the 'scary stories' too before i started but came to the conclusion that i was eating myself to death anyway so what the hell. Most of the people slating LL - didnt do route to management. They just lost the weight and then started eating again. Its gotta be a change for life

Snap. I was taking a risk with my health every time I snacked and over-ate. I am sure I am taking less risk now.

Hair loss, nothing to loose anyway so doesnt bother me :)

Kidney problems, well the amount of water passing thru them I doubt there are any toxin build up at all in there.

Tiredness and lethergy nadda.

I nor anyone I know doing/done LL have any of the scare story problems

Definately the pros outweigh the cons for me 1million percent lol. I want to start living instead of merely existing :D

hi there

im a may starter and found it really difficult for the first 3 days then its got much easier. im only taking shakes and bars as i dont like the taste of anything else but im also not hungry at all and have to force it down sometimes. the only side effects ive had so far is periods of depression and loss of energy but its not as bad as i thought. ive signed up to run a 5km race in 3weeks as i now feel lighter on my feet to start my running again! lost 9lb in the first week and getting weighed tomorrow i hope to have lost my first stone! keep going! its def worth it!

nes

Hi Sonia
Well today is my first day on this so lets hope I can stick on to it. Am struggling with the water, but in the long run I am sure it will be worth it :)

Back