Any May starters out there?

well done on the 3lb loss

I think in the book it says do not weigh yourself as scales can be out and demotivate. I only jump on a scales at the the sessions.

its an awfull habit of mine.:eek: wen i first started i was on it every morning. but thats died down to about 3 times a week and this week i may go on it but i'l be unconvinced as i know its dodgy! which is a good thing for me. .. . . . . i think. :rolleyes: so dont intend to buy scales anytime soon!

Keep getting tempted but worried I would see a 1lb loss and loose drive.

Also Rather use the batteries of LL I'm paying for it so why use my own :p

Keep getting tempted but worried I would see a 1lb loss and loose drive.

Also Rather use the batteries of LL I'm paying for it so why use my own :p

That is a very important reason NOT to weigh at home.

I have seen more people, men and women go through axiety, stress and worry, for nothing.

I say get rid of them. Besides - its much more fun seeing a BIG loss at the end of the week then a pound here and a pound there.

Plus, if you are following the diet as you are meant to - you don't need to see that it's working! ;)

:)

Its funny cos when i went to Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Unislim and every other weight control class there is available :D i used to panic every time just before i got on the scales - just incase. You dont have to worry with LL cos this isnt the case. If you stick to the plan 1oo% then you know you will be down. Its great and i Love it

well I do worry that I have not lost as much as I would have liked.

Im not expecting muh of a loss this week. Havent been drinking anywhere near as much water as i should be this wk.

Wow! Reading about all of these losses is so inspiring. I've been to an information meeting and decided to start LL after trying a million and one other things to lose weight :(

My group doesn't start until 13th June, so I'm waiting and trying to prepare myself the best I can. Any tips?

Just try and cut down on your carbs and increase your carbs. That way it wont be such a shock to your system when you start. Some people find the first week difficult but some people are so excited after the wait that they dont seem to have any side effects. You will be grand. Good luck

Lol - sorry BL. Yes i meant cut down on carbs and increase water. Its been a long day. Should have read that back before posting it :)

Thanks for the link Blonde Logic - your losses are inspiring :)

I do not recommend doing what I did...which was binge as it was going to be the last time for a while. I managed to put nearly a stone on between the intro talk and weighing and starting. But that was 6 weeks.

Seriously though cutting down bulk now, and increasing water will save you some trouble in the first week. The switch was a shock to my system. Fine now though.

Scary to think that had I not had a abstinance-upcoming mentality I would only be half stone heavier and I wouldnt have had to go through the last four weeks of going without.....This clearly shows that it is all about mental attitude and perception as well as what you put in to your mouth.

What a terrible cycle in my head that was.

Going on diet ->gonna miss food->binge out whilst I still can ->put on weight->work hard to loose the weight.................cycle stops (I hope) by not celebrating with meal and drinks.

seems like you have come a long way flexible, well done on your great losses so far! This truely is a life changing diet x

I'm soooooo glad I haven't got that long to wait - 2 weeks is more than enough time to prepare. I've had a few 'favourite meals' this week and next week I'm going to follow the 'cut down on carbs, increase water' advice - or I'm bound to have the worst journey to ketosis ever!!

Hi Flex. Snap - I ate myself almost a stone heavier from my intro until i started. Had another 3.5lb off tonite :)

Hi Flex. Snap - I ate myself almost a stone heavier from my intro until i started. Had another 3.5lb off tonite :)

Stupid isnt it. why did I do that to myself. It must be common as the guys I am with all did a one last binge on the night of the first meeting. Must be wide spread amongst "our kind"

Back