Any October starters?????

The good news is... I'm happy! The bad news is I'm going to have to not only drag myself to work every day - but on my under 189 promise now have to drag myself swimming!

For officialness - I lost 5lbs... and got the job! *doing my own lil happy dance*

drops... how did yours go?

Well done RG, that is great!!

Kat xx

Congratulations Random

Well done on the weight loss and the job.
I bet you used to spend more on food etc than you do on LL.I know I did.
It's so worth every penny.
Good luck with the new job. I hope it's one you will like.
The sharing in the group is a little uncomfortable at times, but i'm convinced it really helps us understand our own issues.

Hi Everyone,

I think that I will join this forum as I pick up my packs on Monday but I am in the mode of mentally preparing myself for Lighterlife. I don't know why I am questioning myself so much - as to whether I can do it as everyone seems to find it simple. I think I just have doubt as to whether I can do it as tried diets before and not really succeeded.
I am thinking that a forum will really help me to keep motivated so expect to see me lots lol.

Tracy

Morning All,

Day 8 today, and feeling positive.

Random - well done on the job and the loss! Talk about LL changing your life!

I was amazed at weigh-in last night. I lost 8.6lbs! Where from i dont know, although i seem to be tripping over my trouser bottoms today. they have grown in length - or maybe my backside doesnt stick out quite so far to hold them up??

The group session last night was okay. I am not one for sharing my deepest darkest thoughts, but the girls in my group are all lovely, so hopefully the sessions will help me open up more.

More water needed today. My ketostick last night was quite dark. I am going to aim for 3 litres. Might treat myself to some sparkling water to add the St Clements to.

Off now to update my ticker!

well done! 8.6 is fantastic!!!!
I'm guessing its your butt shrinking as apposed to them growing!

Can anyone else feel it yet? I'm extra happy today because I've just noticed I've been walking around in size 14's all morning. I'm -not- a size 14... they're 'larger 14's' but I've noticed they're losening and arent skin-tight, and I can wear them -together- (as apposed to matching them with something bigger to ballance them out, and feeling self concious while I do!)... unfortunately I have (relatively) teeny-hips and a butt and around those areas these jeans are definately getting to the too-baggy stage. (Unfortunately because I still have a bit of a bulge around the stomach with them... but I -think that areas shrinking too!)

I'm just having a pack and heading off to the pool... -willl- get myself swimming if its the last thing I do!

Drops... maybe first try sharing here? Its a lot easier sometimes because you can't -see- us. My session last night brought up so much wierdness... that I will write about... but gotta get that swim in first!

sunshine... hows -your- day going?

Fantastic losses Dropsofjupiter & randomgurl!
You must feel great today random after your loss and getting a new job - life begins on LL hey!
Everyone is doing really well, keep it up it gets easier as you go along. My friend who I haven't seen since I started LL (on week 7) said the other night I was glowing. SAhe couldn't believe how well I looked considering I wasn't eating anything - I think people think you will look ill whilst doing whereas it is the complete opposite. She also said (beinga reiki master) that it like a shadow had lifted from me, I was so much brighter inside which is exactly how I feel. :D
So you see it is not only our shape that changes but our whole outlook on life.
Take care everyone
Milli x

hi everyone!

congrats to all these great loses!!!! your all doing a super fine job!!! where as me on the other hand.......

my first week was alot harder than i expected. i was having milk in my coffee still, but its official, it does affect your loses! i only lost 2lb in the whole week! needless to say, i was very disappointed in myself, hence why iv not been around lately. however, my LLC was great, she helped me put a line under that week and i have re- started afresh this week. i now feel alot better, very confident that i can do this as I AM DOING THIS!!!! i have my mid week weigh-in tonight and im hoping for a better lose now im back on track. i think last week was just the wrong week for me personally to start, i was very busy, had my sons birthday party and that itself was worrying me, so im glad now iv re started this week and just used last week more as a prep week. though im still not in ketosis? hopefully i will be in the next day or so.

i will pop back tonight to let u know how my mid week weigh has gone, so fingers crossed for a good number !

have a good day everyone xxxx

RG, not feeling it as such apart from seeing my ankle bones for the first time in years. I am a lot flatter across my ribcage but that's it at the mo.
My jeans are certainly not baggy on my bum yet lol

milli, thanks for the words of encouragement, they are very much appreciated.

Sarah, glad you're back on track this week, you wouldn't think that a little milk would cause you to lose so little but it just goes to show that these people know what they are talking about when they devised this plan. Good luck for tonight.

Well done all of you. It is great to read your losses and your positive support for each other!

You should be really proud of yourselves! :)

Normal Kat xx

Hi Everyone,

I think that I will join this forum as I pick up my packs on Monday but I am in the mode of mentally preparing myself for Lighterlife. I don't know why I am questioning myself so much - as to whether I can do it as everyone seems to find it simple. I think I just have doubt as to whether I can do it as tried diets before and not really succeeded.
I am thinking that a forum will really help me to keep motivated so expect to see me lots lol.

Tracy

Welcome tracy.

Simple it is because you don't have to think about or worry about the calories your having, all the work is done for you.

I am only in week 2 so no expert but it really hasn't been as difficult as i thought it would be.

All my spare time is spent here at the moment. I just feel safe here and it keeps my mind occupied. Reading all the highs and lows that each and every memeber has gone through and is going through keeps me focused.

Good luck for the start of your journey.
X

evening all,

just a quickie, iv had my mid week weigh in now and im down 4lb so really pleased and looking forward to my end of week weigh in on sunday!!!!!! xxxx

Day nine!

Morning All,

I am glad to see everyone is still positive.

Sarah Louise - great news for your mid-week weigh! Onwards and downwards from here on in...

Welcome Tracy13, I agree this diet is simple - but only because it takes away most of your food decisions. No need to count, plan or measure. Choose what flavour pack you want (I am doing a kind of sad lucky dip in the cupboard with my eyes closed to choose my meals!) and away you go.

I think I have mastered the art of mixing the porrdge to a consisntency i quite like, although it had still gone a bit rubbery by the time I was at the end of the bowl. Sweetner definitley helps.

Hope everyone has a good, positive day.

Take Care

Hey Tracy...
I don't know -how- I managed to miss your post!
Its natural to question yourself. You see all these sucessful people saying 'If I can do it you can'... but they're -other people-.... Although I believe I can do LL for a while I don't *yet* believe I can be a healthy weight.... or sucessful... just because its a completely alien concept.

But why not me, and why not YOU?

Set yourself little targets... think of the first week first... then the second... then the first stone.

Also if you can cut down on carbs before you start... it really does help the first week!

Welcome to the octoberites!

Sarah. *Gives you a serious look*
We need a few words. This is a weight loss ''support' forum... not a lala land of everything being happy and easy. That means even if your struggling or having a really bad week your -not allowed- to hide, k? That would defeat the object of the 'support' bit ;) :D
We're all going to have bad weeks. And good weeks.

And congratulations on all 6lbs so far! Go you!!!!

Normal Kat.... I'm loving your 'Normal Kat' now.... but isn't less than 50% of the population in that healthy band? Doesn't that make you abnormally healthy? ;) (and meant to say in another thread and got distracted WELL DONE YOU!)

Sunshine... you can have my baggy-over bum-ness if I can have your flatter-over-ribcage-ness? deal? ;)

Morning everyone,

I am going to cut down on carbs this weekend so that when I am at work it isn't too much of a shock to the system. I can't go without my milk in my tea yet so will be drinking lots until Monday.

I'm not looking forward to asking my doctor if I can go on LL. I think it sounds daft that I just can't control myself and stop eating so much while exercising more. If I want to go with the LL doctor it costs £25 and I can't really afford any more money - £66/week is more than enough. I'm not planning to tell my mum but I am excited about next week. Here's hoping that by the time friends see me in a couple of weeks I will look slimmer - no pressure lol. I am not going to let anything pass my lips unless it is LL food.

Here we go...

hi,

thank u to everyone who left me some words of support and encouragement, id not do this with out such support! so thank u!!

rg - ok! i consider myself well and truely told and i promise not to misbehave and hide again :) but in my defence, i didnt mean to hide, just didnt feel up to msging i guess. but u r so right, thats the times i should be msging!!!! so big thank u to u for not just reminding me, but for also pointing this out for everyone too! x

today has been a good day for me as i am now in ketosis...yay!! tho iv a headache and have felt sick today, i feel positive now that im getting established. so all good :)

i have to go to college tonight so i wont be about so i wish u all a good evening xxxx

Back