Any October starters?????

hi all, thank you to all have contributed it has been really helpful to read and get inspiration from!.

I only heard about LL about 1 month ago, three people at work have raved about how good it was and so I went to an information session last saturday, and started on Tuesday. This is day 3 and I have to say has been quite a rollercoaster!. I have stuggled all day with a light head and dizzyness. i had a training day at work with an external company who filmed us on camera to assess our presentation skills and all i could think about was the buffet sandwiches outside! :-(

Anyway, I was getting close to giving up (not least because the smell of my boyfriends toast was close to torture) then decided to go to my pop in today and have lost 6lbs in 3 days!. i am v pleased, especially as i am now allowed to have the stuff you mix in your water that will defo make me drink more!.

I have a few questions though for the more experienced amongst this group

1. My counsellor says I am now in Ketosis (judging from my wee stick), however I am still getting a rumbling stomach and want food. is that normal?

2. My boyfriend is being a real $rse about this and has told all his colleagues at work I am doing LL which has put additional pressure on me to finish the course, he also cooked in front of me twice yesterday!. Since coming home from my WI, he has been v v grumpy. How have people managed with partners/family members who have not been supportive?

Hi to all the October starters. I started on Wednesday, and would like to join you. I have about 5 stone to lose - oooh hadn't thought about that till now. Ho hum it's just numbers :)

Day 3 for me today, feeling ruuuuuufff, but I know it'll get better tomorrow. Looking forward to our journey.

hi folks, I'll park my bum in here for a while. I was in the sept 2008 group and lost around 8st. (had a total loss of 11st including other diets). I had to stop when I'd been on the diet around 6 months as I was quite poorly and needed my gallbladder removed so I never quite got to finish. ive gained a little but not much - I could lose that over and over (I'm resigned to fighting with 7lbs). so idecided that if I was to battle with that, it may as well happen at 12st instead of 13 and a half. though I am strongly considering aiming for 11st. this time around I'm not stopping till I'm done for real. no more settling for where I am.

so I'll be along for the ride with you guys - good luck everyone who is just starting!

Hi Lumpy welcome to LL!
Well done for getting to day 3 without support, you must be really strong. Just remember that in a week or so you will not care what he eats or says! I feel so much more positive about everything on LL it is kind of wierd.
I am on week 7 and do not care what anyone eats in front of me - just remember the end goal and it is all worth it.
Keep going as strong as you are, take care
Milli x

hi everyone and welcome to all u newbies, its great that we have such a good group for our october starters :)

theres some fantastic weight loses going on!!! Andy - 11stone! well done, u must be so proud of yourself!!!!

i hope everyone is having a great day :) xxxx

Welcome all new octoberites!

gg -
I've avoided telling -anyone- i'm on
LL... it works because im in a house share and exept for the odd take-out we do out own thing. I guess i'm pretty lucky because it also means no food in the house actually -belongs- to me. But yeah, my first CD attempt I was with family and the 'oh, a really small portion of sunday roast wont hurt' got the better of me in the end. Look at him telling people as a positive thing though... you feel the pressure not to give up... use it as motivation!

Hiya Lumpy... I have around *counting* 3.9 stone to lose! Though to start with it was just over seven... it gets there.. slowly (even slower if your like me and take a nine month gap!)... before you know it you'll be nearing the finish. Look at Andy and Pete and how incrediably they've done!

Hey Andy... wows! Welcome back and Wows! I don't know how old you actually are, but you look at least 15 years younger! Though I'm getting slightly distracted by my phobia of that thing on your shoulder!

From your pic... I wouldn't think you needed to go as low as 11st... but obviously I don't live in your body! Good luck, whichever goal you set yourself im sure you'll achieve :)

Heys guys, hope you're all having a good day!

Andy, wow mate I had forgotten your before/after pictures and how far you've come, you really are a star mate!

I have my first week's WI tonight, hoping for around 3lbs off - fingers crossed!

Hiya I'm a october starter to, well I started last tuesday I am not going to the groups just doing it on my own this time 30lb to shift so fingers crossed gud luck everyone ;-)

Well done pete, go and have fun:D

Welcome to all the new and old starts.

GG, well done on 6lb loss.
my OH is very supportive but still does his cooking. I wouldn't expect him to change his eating patern to suit my diet. It's my problem, not his after all. The toast thing drives me insane also, i think it is one of the best smells ever, mmmm.....STOP!!!!!

My stomach grumbles all day long lol, not necessarily feeling hungry. for me it is more habit than actual hunger.

SV, well done on your loss last year, fantastic. Won't take you long to shift that last couple of stone.
I kinda put in a goal of about 11st as i don't know what i will even look like or how my body will look if i went any lower, would i just be bone and saggy crepey skin!!!!!yuk

Lumpy, i certainly felt better after my 4th day, no headaches...bliss.

Andy, welcome back. What a difference, keep it up, you know it can be done hon.

Welcome melissa, Have you done LL before? or similar?

RG, deal!!!!! will let you know how my new saggy ar*e feels soon, lol.
How you getting on? When do you start new job?

How's everyone else getting on?

I had a pop in on Thurs night and lost a whopping 4lb:eek:, That's 14.5lb in ten days. i was in shock cause i have been on nights all week, haven't been mobile at all, too tired. must be doing something right:D
That's my first stone gone for good and boy does it make me feel good within myself.....not really noticing it on the outside yet.

Hi, thought I'd look in as I'm back on packs for a little while. I did LL early 2007 and lost about 4 1/2 stone which I had more or less kept at bay since but since Easter I've lost the plot so am back to sort it out before it gets out of hand. I'm using CD packs but am doing LL in my head! Hope to be back to normal by December. I found this forum very helpful before. It brings back lots of memories reading your posts. Keep it up - it really is worth it.

Pete! - Yay you!
Hope you have fun over the weekend... as a brightonian I'll say its a fantastic place to be! ;)

Melissa... although I don't want to put you off LL... half the point of the plan is the meetings. And you pay for them. Cambridge or Exante is pretty much the same 'food content' but without the meetings and cheaper... have you looked into that?
(really not trying to put you off, or being unwelcoming... welcome! and good luck with your goal... just thinking your spending 20.00 more a week than maybe you need to!)

Sunshine! First stone down - go you!!!!
For me (obviously your not me, we have different shapes etc.. i'm slightly taller and started last year a couple of lbs less... so obviously not 'this is the way it is for everyone').. but for me, I lost around 1.7 stone before I began to notice clothes wise, and 2 stone before other people began to notice.... though by almost three I went to my hometown and the first thing almost everyone I saw said was how much weight I'd lost! It does come!

I'm in hun i started on the 12th of Oct so my 1st weighis on Monday fingers cross

my poorly head and tummy will be gone tomorrow, right? (please lie if needs be).

I forgot that this bit sucks so much. still I weighed 6lbs less this morning than the morning before (lot of carbs on my last night).

I am an October start

Hi everyone, I started last week, and have just completed my first week on Lighterlife and i have to be honest and say... I LOVE IT.
I had my first weigh in last night and in my first week i have lost a woping 23Ibs (yes you have read that correctly). I feel so much better.
In my first week only Tuesday and Wednesday were bad days. I felt so hungry, tired, cold and pretty miserable, but i stuck at it and now i have no problems with this diet at all.

Wow CR!!!

You are now officially the GOD of week one! <Hands crown> ;)

Andy.... since you said to lie... tomorrow you'll feel great... and the two stone will have magically disapered too!
(Though you know in a week you'll feel great and it wont be too long before you hit your target).

Welcome CremeEgg (salivating over your username)... how did you find your first week?

BL... does that mean your another brightonian/sussex-ist? *noted SB was too and hoping that means something in the air here makes it easier to suceed*

So me! Today has been a lazy day! In fact the most I've achieved is going to asda to buy the worlds most hideous shoes for work tomorrow.... and a black dress. One that currently fits great (well wearably)up until the bust area. But exept for that I realllly love it... so its my goal dress for the end of november (big family 'do' for my nans birthday).... im hoping I'll be a stone lighter and a couple of inches smaller by then :/

LL is still fine... perfected the porrage and thats quite nice to eat... started exercising more... nothing major, swimming and walking... thinking about joining the pool gym as its only 3.00 extra a week...

Other than that eugh, the smell when you dont wash your blender up in a while!!! Its hardly suprising we get the breath of death!

Hope everyones well!

Back