Any October starters?????

thank you, BL and everyone else. I missed a lot of comments I'd normally reply to but I spent most of last 2 days in bed (using an ipod to surf/write, which makes replying difficult).

I think some of this may have been caffeine withdrawal and I'm giving serious thought to quitting the caffeinated drinks I used to drink, when I go back to eating. Only - I recently discovered an alcohol I actually like and it needs one of those soft drinks. Will ponder lol

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi you October guys

You are all on a roll already.
Pete, be careful in Brighton. You and your friends and the pub. I know what a temptation that is, the lovely bright autumn weather can give you an apetite - don't succumb.
Glad you lost the 3lbs. Be careful - those jeans are in danger of falling off!

Andy - sorry you are feeling so c*ap! I remember you felt like this before -but you KNOW it will pass and you'll get rid of that last bit in no time.

Random Girl - be careful - too much exercise at the beginning doesn't usually work well, you are not having enough calories.

Listen to me, bossy boots.
Just want to say good luck to you all.
I'll be popping in to see how you're doing.
Just think, by Christmas how much you will have lost.:D

By 'thinking of joining a gym'... it means will ponder it for a couple of weeks or knowing me, months :D

I injured my ankle last year... and while before then you couldn't exactly call me active I did martial arts a couple of times a week and some other stuff semi-regularly.... I think waiting for it to heal has made me just want to get out there!

It isnt probably the best time to go OTT... but I'm LOVING my new swimming regime... and just not driving everywhere is great. I *do* want to join a gym though... I thought about adding classes eventually but with shift work thats not a great idea. Not so much for the cardio.... but like light weights and toning? When do people think is a good time to start this? (I'm almost on week four, and will be away for most of next week anyway... so it would be week 5/6 earliest) ...

Obviously dont want to overdo things... but at the same time don't want to leave it too long....

Hey guys, hope you've all had good weekends!
Brighton was a laugh as per usual, and no problems with LL either so it's all good :)

Here's to a good coming week!

Well done pete, i doubt i would have managed a weekend away with mates and not cave in.

WOW captain, what a loss, sure that must be a record. My mate started 7 weeks ago and lost 16lb on her first weigh in.

SV and andy, hope you guys are feeling better, you know it will pass.

i am feeling pretty damn good today, had a couple of comments from people that don't know i am on this diet so well pleased. They commented on how well i was looking and how shiny my hair was and skin was clear:D must be doing something right.

I look forward to my weigh ins on this plan, good chance to catch up with the rest of the group, see how everyone is getting on.
I used to dread my weigh ins on all previous diets....down 1, up 1, sts, too stressy and you didn't know how everyone else was getting on.

RG, i am breaking into a sweat thinking about the gym, lol.

Think that will have to be something to think about when i lose about 4st. I would be too embarrassed to go at this size.

Hope we all have good losses this week, keep up the good work everyone.

Morning All,

Sorry I havent been online for a while. Still going strong. I notice a lot of new posters. Welcome!

The weekend was okay - no nibbling. I did manage to read an awful lot of my book to distract myself. I find my mind wandering to food when I am bored, so am trying hard not to let myself get too bored.

I am glad to hear everyone doing well and staying positive.

Captain - wow on you weight loss!

Random - I am still thinking about doing more exercise. I think I will make more of an effort, but time seems to be flying from under me at the moment.

I cant believ I am now on day 13! It has flown over, and I have my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow. I hope I have lost - I havent been near my scales at home for fear of upsetting myself. Fingers crossed for a decent loss tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone who gets weighed tonight!

Take care

Well done sunshine!!! yay!

(mine tonight.... thinking it'll be a little one though... not enough water... and just having that feeling... would be super happy with 3lbs, but realistically maybe not... just at my usual sticking weight and desperate to get through the next 10lbs - cuz wierdly it brings up a ton of emotions as well as being slow so is usually when I find the food).

Stay positive Randomgurl, as muh as small losses play with our emotions they are in the right direction.

Kat xx

Morning All,

Sunshine - WOW! 6lbs. well done. I would be over the moon if I were you.

Weigh-in tonight, and I am nervous but excited. I really hope I have lost a decent amount of weight! My trousers feel looser than they did, and I am tripping over them hems even more than I was last week. I was thinking about turning them up, but i hope they will be too big to get any wear out of them!

I cant believe I have done 2 full weeks without too much pain! I feel kind of light and have more energy than I have had for ages! I still wonder how on earth I will get to goal, as it seems so far away. but one day at a time will get me there!
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Dropsofjupiter

Well done for keeping focused for 2 weeks! Good luck for your weigh in tonight. I have mine tonight too.

I used to think like you do but my goal is now looming and the time has flown by. I let LL become part of my life so I wasn't always waiting for it, if that makes sense? Before I knew it, here I am and I am loving it!

Kat xx

Rg,Thanx.
a little one off is better than a little one on!!!! sure you will be fine.

drop, thanx hon, i am well chuffed.
I can't believe that it has been 2 full weeks without my usual munchies lol
i feel that everyone else will get to their goal and i won't, it just doesn't seem achievable for me even though i will keep trying. Just seems sooooo far away.
It has been hard but probably not as hard as expected...i always fear the worst lol

good luck tonight girls x

realistically.... its in the maths... and I -know- calories in are less than calories burned... so eventually it'll come off. I think its more a headspace thing... I -hate- being this weight more than I hated being 50lbs heavier (wierd, huh) and I also can't imagine being much smaller than this weight... maybe its the chatterbox thing going into self-sabotage mode. Is that wierd? To be finding the actual diet easy, but actually getting lighter the hard part?
I think secretly I like being fat... it keeps you warm in the winter for one thing. And its a protection thing... probably from myself... its nice to always think 'oneday when i'm nine-and-a-half-stone' ... If I *trully* wanted that oneday to be now then I'd have done it. Once you lose weight maybe you have to face the fact that life is still a b*tch and it isnt a magic wand thing.

k, im rambling now... :/

I'm still not cheating though. Not as far as eating more goes. Yesterday I only managed two packs as I forgot to take one to work.... then getting home my legs were aching so much that heading down to the kitchen seemed like a major mission! I really need to work on that... cuz I KNOW its bad, it wont make you lose weight faster, it will mess you up etc, etc. exept now im wondering if thats my way of self-sabotaging. Just as I was writing that a thought ran through my head that if I -can't- get better at having all four i'll have to stop before I make myself ill... Maybe deep down thats why I'm not... like it seems a better excuse 'I had to stop because I was struggling eating all four packs' than 'I had to stop because I have absolutely no willpower'. Or maybe im just lazy making them?

Gawd... now im really rambling.
Pleassse say im not the only one with these wierd thoughts? anyone? If not just ignore!

Drops... good luck with tonight hun! *crosses everything for ya*

First day is just about completed and I haven't felt hungry at all. I am finding it hard to eat the food - slightly gagging at times but hoping that it will get easier. I am going to try to make sure I stick to having all the packs as am sure I will get I'll if I don't.
I have joined the LL group at week 2 & it was great to see that people didn't find the first week too hard. They have such amazing weight losses, it is an inspiration. I'm going to keep myself busy tonight and have an early one too!

Well done gooner girl! That is brilliant!

Makes it all worth while eh ;)

Kat xx

thanks katelena. i does feel worth it, a bit, i'm just worried about the cravings for carbs i cant get rid of!. i had previously told myself that everytime i got to a 14lb milestone I would 'have a night off' and have a little cheat treat, but now im terrified of coming out of ketosis and falling off the wagon completely - how has your weightloss journey been? (you're photos look great btw)

Gooner I am going to speak frankly now but you are extremly foolish if you think you will succeed having "nights off" "cheat nights" etc... What a complete waste of your time.

You need to go to the therapy and really take it on board. This diet is not a quick fix, it is a lifestyle change, if you want it to work for you, embrace it.

My weight loss journey has been incredible, it is posted in my signature.

Kat

Back