Any October starters?????

Gg... i'm totally agreeing with Kat.
Abstinence *is* abstinence for that reason... how many dieters do you know that have a good day then 'reward' themselves in the evening and never lose more than a few pounds?
Its the same thing.... Do you -need- the food? Why would you want to 'reward' yourself by doing the very thing that made you overweight in the first place? Wouldn't it be better to find another way to treat yourself for your stone loss? Like new shoes, or some pampering, or... well whatever you like! I'm heading up to alton towers... cuz its something fun, something I like, something that is a treat, and something I can remain in abstinence for!

i know, i know, you're both completely right, i'm just frustrated that i still have a *want* for real food!. My LL counsellor, said she was going to keep our group open for another 2 weeks (making a total of 4 weeks) before closing and wont be starting any therapy until then :-(. I came home on such a high yesterday and then everyone at work ordered pizza's for lunch, and my other half had a huge jacket potato and suddenly i feel like a crack addict trying to go cold turkey on their own

i know you are both right, but my counsellor is keeping our group open for another 2 weeks (total 4 weeks) and no 'therapy' will start until then, and at work (and home) i am surrounded by people having large meals. I have never been able to relate to a crack addict more than now!

Ps. Forget my wierd mood earlier. I dunno whats up with that. Well I -do- but probably a lil deep for right here.. :/

Weigh in was good. 4lbs... so much better than the 1-2lbs I was expecting. It means several things:
*I lost a stone on LL (15lbs to be exact)
*I'm overall halfway towards my target weight and over 50lbs lighter than I was this time last year
*I have only 2lbs to break into the 12's... which is a huge deal as I've only been under 13stone once since I was 13!

Also a lady in my group gave me a bag of 16 trousers. I think of myself as being a 16... with the odd 14 exeption and the odd 18 exeption.... and they were *all* to big! So maybe im closer to being a real size 14 than I imagine? :D
(though maybe I look bigger - since she obviously thought they would fit :p... I dont care - in two weeks time I'm going to do 'cheap 14's shopping)

I'm back!

Sorry guys for not having been around to post and offer support. I have been up to my eyes in the last week with final study preparation for my last Chartered Financial Planner exam. Which I sat today thank goodness! Exam went quite well I think, hope and pray.:cry:

So have been celebrating with a glass of soda water and a wee trawl through the thread.

First and update on myself, I am into week 4 now, I had my 3rd WI last night – and I lost 5lbs!!! :D:D:DSo pleased – that’s 16lbs in 3 weeks – completely amazing – I LOVE LIGHTER LIFE!!:D:D:D
There is some fantastic weight-losses a happening here on our thread! Go the Octoberites!
:welcome:
Welcome to all of the new joiners to the thread – it really is a very friendly and helpful place to be.
I promise to be around much more now and a useful contributor and supporter to the thread

Morning All,

weight last night.... I lost 3.3lbs! More than I was expecting. I had thought that I might have even gained weight! Will update my ticker in a mo.

Well done everyone for your losses. Random - 4lbs is great! Its amazing, this diet.

Gooner - I know what you meanabout wanting to treat yourself, but the whoile point of abstinence is exactly that - no food at all. To break the ties we have with food as a reward for being good/stressed/unhappy/tied etc, which I am sure a lot of us will have used in the past to get us where we are today. BUT - if you stick to the plan 100%, the reward will be more losses, and goal more quickly than possible with any other diet. Or so i tell myself, anyway!

My counsellor asked head office about the liklihood of my underactive thyroid making my losses slower. They said possibly yes, but different people lose at different rates, and they could never tell if a slow loss was due to the hypothryoid, or just due to my body always losing slowly. If that makes sense!

I am very happy with my losses so far, and I know in my heart that I am doing everything by the letter, so I am giving myself the best chance to lose at a good rate. If I lose a bit more slowly than others in my group (I have lost the least up until now!), I will not let it bother me, as I am still losing at a good rate, and will continue to stick to the plan 100%. I just have to accept that I am a bit different and thats the way it is!!

Anyway, must get on with my day. More water to drink....

Drops - well done on your loss this week. You are doing so well even with your thyroid problem.
:clap:

Agreed - this diet is not the kind you can reward yourself for, or cheat - if you do, you may as well save your money and heartaveh and do another one :)

That is behaviour that needs to be changed. Food is not a reward. ;)

But you will learn that as you go! :D

xx

GREAT start by the way! SUrely you don;t want to throw that away every 14 pounds! ;)

xxx

Well done girls, fab losses again this week:D

welcome to the new members, pull up a chair and enjoy the ride!!!!

Gooner, every other diet that i have been on always involved weigh in then treating myself to a take away as i have a full week to make up for it.
not a chance on this diet. You really need to get rid of those thoughts straight away. It just won't be worth it. 2 steps forward and 1 step back!
Good luck.

RG, you skinnyminx, 16 too big.....i wish lol and as for those weird thoughts....you're not alone:eek:

tracy, i couldn't find any packs i liked in my first few days but got it sussed now thankfully or i couldn't have done it.

SL, you enjoy your soda, you deserve it. How long to wait for results?

BTW, i think my nose is slimmer!:D

This diet is amazing. Had my week 2 weigh in tonight (two days earlier as i am not around on Friday) and wow. Another 8Ibs off. That makes me 2st 3Ibs in 12 days. And for doing nothing really.
I even went to the shops to try on some clothes (just to see if i can get into a smaller size) and i have gone down 6 inches of my stomach OH MY WORD. i can nearly by stuff off the peg. And when you can do that, that makes you feel good.
Keep going everyone you can do it.

lol Sunshine, you made me chuckle with your "my nose is slimmer" comment, I said that yesterday when I looked at the pic of my word IDs side by side in my signature! ;)

Kat xx

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum (well registered new, but have been reading for a long time) and am about to start LL on Saturday. I am feeling excited, anxious, worried, happy.. all over the place! I have been doing a lot of research and I think I'm quite prepared, but somehow imagining myself on the diet and only consuming the packs/bars still makes me wonder whether I can actually do this. Self doubt is something I suffer from quite generally.. not just when it comes to dieting.

But, I will go into this with an open mind and hopefully full of optimism. All of you are doing so amazingly well on this diet! So happy for everyone. I have not lost any significant amount of weight in a long long time and I can only imagine how that makes one feel.

Here's to the Octoberites! and everyone else who is on their way to a better health :)

Hello blueyes and welcome to minimins and LL!

You have the right attitude so good luck with your journey. Use this website as much as you can, moan, whinge, cry, stamp, cheer and laugh, that it is what it is here for!

LL will help you learn to believe in yourself :)

Kat xx

Hey Lovely October People

Glad to hear you are all doing so well and enjoying the ride. It is a rollercoaster! Welcome to Blueeyes, good luck, it is easier than you think it will be, as long as your head is in the right place :)

Keep up the fantastic job everyone, you are well on your way.

Jez
xx

RG – Weirdness and weird thoughts are my middle name at the moment – welcome to the club lol:D

Sunshine – results not due until 12th December so I am going to completely forget about them now – I have been imagining how much slimmer I will be when then do come out! Slimmer nose huh? Cool:p

Captain – 2st 3lbs in 12 days!! That is fabulous :wow:

Welcome to the forum and thread blueeyes :welcome:– us Octoberites are a nice and friendly bunch you will fit right in. The first 3 or 4 days are hard, I am not going to lie to you, but OMG it really is worth the initial pain. I love lighter life!:D

Oh my word.

Last week on my first weigh in, I was an ounce or two over 14st.

This week I'm an ounce or so under 12st 13lbs.

No that's not a typo, I lost 15.18lbs.

Brilliant! Well done!

Kat xx

WOW SV, that is brilliant, well done you x

blueeyes, you seem pretty focused, that is a good start. Wishing you all the best and look forward to seeing your losses.

Back