Any October starters?????

Hi RG - yep still here - feeling pretty good too! It does seem like we have lost a few peeps here and there - hopefully they are just busy and not popping in to minimins as often (fingers crossed)

How are you getting on?

Still here but only just barely! I have had my weigh in today. Lost 13.6lbs in my very first week. I know that's amazing and I am very pleased with myself, however these last few days (including today) I have been feeling very, very low and negative. I feel like I am on some sort of crash course and it’s just way too fast for my liking. I feel like my security blanket has been ripped off me and burned and I feel extremely vulnerable and exposed. I know rationally that I am supposed to go through this and learn how to deal with my emotions without having food as comfort, but I find it very hard. Very hard. I have been preparing for this a lot, and I don’t regret that, however I do think that by doing so I have been psyching myself up just as much and I’ve put mental pressure on myself to succeed.
My mind is a complete mess right now and I simply do not know if I can continue this way. People say to me ‘you’ve lost so much, isn’t that a great motivator’. Well yes it’s lovely but it’s not making it any easier to stick to this plan. I know that if I stick to it as prescribed, it will work wonderfully. Rationally I do know that. Emotionally it’s a whole other bargain.

Thanks guys, i will keep popping in if you don't mind.

I am feeling much happier now that i have made the decision to change over. However, i do kinda feel like i am going to be cheating.

Giving up isn't an option, just gonna take it steadier.

yeh, the huge losses are great but they aren't enough to keep me motivated to stick to a 0 food plan.

blueeyes, can't offer any good advice as i am coming off this plan myself but you have done absolutely brilliant with all that weight loss in a week, well done.

keep up all your good work girls, you are all doing great.

Blueeyes - I had exactly the same thing to a lesser degree just after my first WI. I was teary, irritable and generally hell to live with, however if you manage to get through the next few days, I promise you that it does get easier and easier. You stop focussing on the fact that you don't get to eat any food -in fact food becomes a non-issue.

Have you had a chat with your LLC to see what he/she says and advises, it might help you to have a one to one convo to help you over the next wee bump.

I am sure that there are other 'old hands' that drop in on this thread that will be able to give you even better advice than I can, but I hope that I have helped.

Chin up hun xxx:hug99::hug99:

Hi All - how is everyone doing??

Just back from my week 5 WI - 5lbs off:banana dancer::wee::party0049:

Really chuffed :D:D

Looking forward to hearing all your updates. Hope that everyone is ok.
xx

yay SL!!!!!!

Its my weigh in tomorrow.... and I dont think I've done that well. I always think that though, but for sure I havent been drinking enough.... And I still havent had an 100% week. Its been better this week with only 2 days without all packs... one in the evening I couldnt even hold down water... so a shake didnt sound the greatest idea - the other I fell asleep early. It is a huge problem though, five weeks in and I probably have almost another weeks supply. While I don't -want- to stop LL.... I think if I cant crack it in the next week or two i might have to think about it. I dunno... im kinda confused. :/

(Is it just me that has this problem? Or has anyone else heard of it... foods fine, I worked all day today with free chocolate cake inches from me and didnt think about it)

Blueeyes.... I'm with you, though as I've said I dont find abstaining hard... theres an emotionalness to losing weight....
My second week was hard... I think because I was having a hard time then anyway it hit me like a ton of bricks that food was a comfort.... and I had to deal with things as an adult, not hide and stuff myself.

Now... its another emotion. I've just seen tomorrow is a year since I joined minimins.... between CD/LL its around 4 stone off... and i'm pretty close to being healthy (well, comparitively). I should feel happy, but I feel fat! Even though I know i've shrunk all I can see are rolls and rolls of lard with slightly wobbly skin covering it. And it bothers me *more* than before.... maybe because im looking... or because im waiting for that change... I dunno... but eugh.

Hi All,

Sorry not been around on the boards, but had some sort of lurgy. Still feeling off colour today, but better than I have been.

I lapsed and ate some random bits, but nothing massive. I hope it wont affect my loss, but have a feeling it will. I am not sure if I am even still in ketosis, so will ahve to brave my LLC tonight and see.

Feeling under the weather has made it very difficult to stick to the plan, so I sympathise with anyone else feeling poorly.

I agree with the posts about emotions taking away the rational-ness (is that even a word??) from our thinking. We need to remember the strength of thoughts that made us choose LL, and stick it through until the end!

I am scared of going to my meeting tonight. i even thought I could tell LLC I am still poorly and send OH to collect my packs, but that might be the beginning of the end, and I will not want ogo next week either.

I will be brave and face the music!

drops.... you should go! 99% of people slip... and the ones who suceed are the ones who learn from it.
I cheated last week... I lost, not a great loss though, but thats not important. Afterwards I felt .. I dont know, like a cheat I guess! The WI was important though.... it marks the beginning of a new 100% week.

RG - well done on coming back from your slippage and WI stronger and more focused - heres to a great loss for you this week xx

Drops - nice to see you again, as RG says, dont beat yourself up, draw a line under it all, as you are hopefully feeling better after your lurgy you can look on this as a fresh start, and see great losses next week.

xx

It was a pretty good loss actually :D

*does my little happy dance*

I'm now officially 12.7.... have lost over 25% of my bodyweight overall and am less than a stone away from 'normality'.... which is .... mindblowing.

(I still feel fat though - bleugh!)

Yay Randomgurl - way to go!!! :talk017:

I know what you mean even though the pounds drop off its difficult to see yourself as anything else but fat, however my dear it is most definately all in the mind!! Have you taken your measurements again to see how much in size you have shrunk by? It might help?

yay for you too!
Isn't it nice not to be a teenager any more? (weight wise anyhow)

The dumb thing is I -know- im smaller... this time last year I was squeezing into 18-20 clothes (I refused to go larger, but probably could have).... and this week i've been walking around in size 14's... and for a while I feel good... then I catch sight of the stomach or back-boobs and eugh! I think its just how my figure is... maybe?

But at the same time, I *am* going to lose between 1-3 stone... and I *can* do that because I've already proven it with the 4 (4.3 ;) ) I've lost. The question is, although i'm going to be healthier when im done, will I like my body any more?

Sorry. I know im being all wierd and depress-y here and yall are doing so great... so once again, ignore the random grumblings.

RG - don't worry too much. This journey is an emotional rollercoaster. You will ask yourself so many questions on the way through. Use your LLC, your group and this board to talk them through.

Kat xx

Thanks slim-kat (your not just normal anymore ;) )... I've just gone and said well done... but yay for you again! Your an inspiration and look - well I dont know *how* old you are, but at least 15 years younger than your before pic.

Today I think its a slim day. Maybe as I put my 14s on this morning it suddenly hit.... no, its not a one-off... I'm probably actually this size. I think some shoppings in order just to prove it to myself.
The funny thing is, I've been talking to this guy lately.... I signed up for this 'larger persons' dating site a year ago and completely forgot about it until a month ago when I saw a link on facebook. Anyhow, I had a message from this guy and we've been talking and going to meet next week.... but last night it hit me, he likes -bigger- girls, and while im far from a stick insect for once im not worried i'll be too fat and a turn-off.... but too small! ... Not that im doing it for any man anyway. :p

I'm thinking of making a blog here.... on the LL-forum since I rarely venture out of here but it feels a bit presumptious (or however you spell it).... hmmm.

And I dont want to go to work today! I've been getting the feeling one of the women doesnt like me, and yesterday I was talking to the girl in my group who works there.... saying she and this other girl told her off for the way shes been talking to me... which is sweet, but at the same time it confirms she doesnt like me! And when theres just two of you for 8-hours then that can get to be a problem. :/

aww RG that is not a nice way to feel about work, when we have to spend so much time there but to be honest, sod her - let it be her problem ;)

Well done on how you are feeling. it really can take us some time to catch up with ourselves.

Ohh on the guy thing! I really do notice different people noticing me now, I rather like it! lol

Btw I am 35 ;)

Thanks again for your comments ;)

Kat xx

Just for the record... I'd have put you at around 27ish... 30 tops. ;)

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your support. Random - your message about 99% of people having a blip was a great help. Well done on you loss! Size 14 is amazing. Thanks Scottishlass for your kind words.

I managed to stay exactly the same on Weigh day. I am annoyed at myself, and disappointed cos I wouldnt have thought that the food i ate would be enough to cancel out all of any possible loss. Shows me about ketosis though. I was still in the pink when I pee'd on the stick, so I haope I dont have too much of a battle getting back into it.

To add to my stresses, OH had himself an accident last night and is now in hospital. He is okay and should be home today, but it has still thrown me. He is waiting for a CT scan of his head before they decide if he is fit to be released. Maybe they will investigate the fluff he has for brains....

Anyhoo... Peckish now, need more water to drink and will have a banana shake in a bit. I am trying to enjoy this LL, but my blip has coloured my thoughts about it. I dont want to resent it - I just need a few days of abstinence to perk me up!

Hope everyone is ticking along nicely.

DropsofJupiter, sorry to hear that you are feeling disheartened with LL.

I know it is hard when you don't lose but abstinence is abstinence and it really can amaze us how much affect those tiny morsals can have. Stick with it lovely and you will get those losses going again next week.

Sorry to hear of your partners accident, hope all will be ok.

Kat xx

Awww drops!
<<<Sending big hugs and positive thinkings for you and OH>>>

Hoping everythings okay :/

On the positive though (as far as LL goes) you didnt come in here and say OH had an accident and I was so stressed I had a mad binge. I dont know if you would have normally.... but if you would have its important to note it.
I think my biggest learning curve so far came in week two.... I had one of those mega stressful days and stopping in the shop for cigs wanted to load a basket up with all sorts of treats. I didnt.... and I felt cruddy... like my comfort blanket was gone. Next day as I began to sort through all the stressors a realization hit that I was perfectly capable of doing that without the comfort blanket. And food didnt make things better. Obviously your OH's accident isn't a good thing (and im not trying to say in any way that its a good thing that its happened)... but for every stressful time you go through you learn and come out stronger. You could be 'lucky' and have a really easy LL journey where everything in the world goes right for you.... but how much will you learn?

And, how will you cope when oneday things go wrong if you didnt prove to yourself you were able to get through it?... one thing you can guarentee is **** will happen sometime. I dont know if im making any sense.... but I figure the bad days are the ones that help us and shape us most (thats what I tell myself when I want to crawl up in bed and shut the world out anyhows)

Back