Any October starters?????

Hi Octoberites (if there are any left apart from me and the Captain ;) )

Well it's confession time - over the last few weeks I have not been abstinent, licking fingers, picking at things in th fridge, finishing up on Saturday with a plateful of takeaway!!! :eatdrink051: So it was no surprise that I stayed the same tonight at my meeting, I suppose I should be grateful that I didnt put on though!

So I need to re-focus, I know myself I have not been giving this 100% over the last two weeks, not drinking enough water, picking then not having a 4th foodpack etc.

I 'fessed up in group tonight, and actually we had a really good group session, we are just heading into week 9 so it was continuing developing thought records. I am therefore "re-booting" as of this evening, going to set myself a daily goal to be 100% astinent and drink my required amount of water - get back in the groove - and kick this weight into touch.:girlpower:

I am wondering why all of a sudden this seems so hard after finding it pretty easy up to about week 7 - any clues peeps?:confused:

Going to post this here on October thread and also over on September to see what they who are a bit further down the road have to say.:)

SL
xx

Octoberites Role Call Please - Hellloooo!

Just trying to see who is still around of the October starters? Call Here when I shout your name:
sarah-louise?
hayleyw?
scottishlass? - here!
pete?- I know he has stopped for the time being, hope to see you back soon my dear x
randomgurl?
sunshine1?- know that she popped over to do CD - how are you getting on hun?
preeti77?
jamie77?
dropsofjupiter?
indiepixie?
wessa?
tracy13?
goonergirl?
lumpy?
serenityvalley?
melissa1984?
goombagirl?
cremeegg?
captainralph?
blueeyes?
km1810?

Hopefully you are all just busy with the madness that decends this time of year.
SL
x

Here Miss,
and going strong.

weight.png

My Personal Record of my Weight Loss.

End of Week 1 = 23 Ibs lost
Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost

Total = 4st & 8 Ibs lost

My weigh in is on Friday evenings. And i cant wait. They are very inspirational, and this Friday we get our Chilli Con Carne packs yum yum.

weight.png

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost

Total = 4st & 8 Ibs lost

keep it going you two the benefits of doing this are so good :)
it is easy as time goes on, and chilli con carne wow i think you guys are getting a little spoilt ;)

I am looking forward to this Chilli Con Carne mainly because of the salt content. I dont have any shakes or soups. I just have 3 porriage (which i love as long as it has a dash of cinimon in it) and one bar. Because of this i have been having awful cramps, so i am looking forward to the chilli as it has a bit of salt in it.
I do add salt sometimes to my porrige, but it is not the same.
Never mind weigh in on Friday evening.

weight.png

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost

Total = 4st & 8 Ibs lost

You could always put a small pinch of salt in your water. You won't taste it but your body will find it and make good use of it! Just make sure it's a tiny pinch! I used to do it occasionally!

Kat xx

I am looking forward to this Chilli Con Carne mainly because of the salt content. I dont have any shakes or soups. I just have 3 porriage (which i love as long as it has a dash of cinimon in it) and one bar. Because of this i have been having awful cramps, so i am looking forward to the chilli as it has a bit of salt in it.
I do add salt sometimes to my porrige, but it is not the same.
Never mind weigh in on Friday evening.

weight.png

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost

Total = 4st & 8 Ibs lost

I get my salt 'kick' from sprinkling a tiny bit on my toasted and crumbled up peanut bar - you could maybe try that too?
SL
x

Well thats another 5 Ibs gone this week. These weeks seem to go by so fast.

I am now just 1 Ib of 5 stone. Nevermind i will celebrate next week.

Keep going everyone.

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 7 = 5 Ibs lost

Total = 4st & 13 Ibs lost

Well done Ralph! Bloody brilliant losses!

Kat xx

Well done Scottishlass!!

Brilliant!

Kat xx

hi all....
I'm here and not here... still trundling along with LL, just managed to break my laptop. :(

SL and Ralph your both doing great!!!
SL 6lbs! Awesome! And your looking great in that pic too!
And Ralph.... well, your a weight loss machine!

K... so quick update from me. I'ts going slow.... 2's and 3's.... though this week went a bit tits up so im very happy with my 2! And its coming off which is the main thing!

I had my grans birthday over the weekend and I had a slight dress disaster.... it wouldnt do up! Eeeps! So after wiggling around trying work out what to do with half an hour to go before the taxi arrived and a zip which refused to budge. :/ But luckily after calling on the services of my brother I was told 'dont worry, its not you being too fat, its a dodgy zip' :p :D .... and yep, when it did eventually move it was even slightly roomy!

Its week ten for me now, and next weeks the last group meeting (having started later than most of my group) I realllly wanted to be 'normal' for the last day... but given my recent loss rate I think i'll just miss it. After that.... I'm not sure... my original fantasy-plan was to get to exactly 100lbs less than my starting weight... which is 30 less than where I am now. I've already decided that i'm going to do the full 14 weeks, so have until after new years on-packs... then???

This weekend threw a lot of things up for me. After my 'planned lite-meal' on saturday, sunday turned into a bit of a binge-fest and one thing I realized is from it all is I have never eaten normally *ever*. I was dieting from the age of six, binge/comfort eating from around eight or nine and going through phases of extreme fasting and binging (with and without purging) from around 12 or 13... LL, in essence, is easy. The possibility of maintaining and having a normal diet is terrifying. So, in my mind... i'm going between two options... one being continue until I reach my goal and go ahead with rtm, and the second is to stop with somewhere between 10-20lbs left, do rtm with the plan of trying 'normal' for a while with a set date to either do LLL, or join rosemary conelly and focus on how to eat normally and lose weight. But, I guess I'll have to look into rtm and see how people have found it. I know one of my biggest problems is I like anything convinient and being on foodpacks I hardly does anything to challenge it! So... yeah, I dont know.

Hope everyones good. :)
Had the chillie today... mushy, but nice to have something different (been living on porrage and banana!)

Randomgurl - its great to have you back! You and I are both in Week 10 :)

You are doing great hun, and 2/3lbs per week is fantastic - nothing to be downhearted about at all.

I should (fingers crossed) be there or there abouts as to where I want to be come the end of week 14 so I am going to head straight in to RTM then. Having read the RTM threads etc I think that this might be a bigger challenge than abstinence - simply because we need to start making food choices! Speak to your LLC and get as much info as you can.

So glad to have you back :D
SL
x

Just got back from my weigh in and have lost another 8 Ibs, which brings my total to 5 1/2 stones in 8 weeks. wow

Thank God for Chilli Con Carne

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 7 = 5 Ibs lost
Week 8 = 8 Ibs lost

Total = 5st & 7 Ibs lost

Once again Ralph... your a machine!!!!

SL - glad to be back!
I'm dithering all over the place about what to do right now. But yep rtm I think will be the hardest challenge. Or maintaining. One of my goals to losing this weight was I wanted to work in a weight-loss camp with overweight/obese kids and teens (not a scary boot camp style one though!). I'm applying in January, so hopefully in the short term the prospect of going there will help motivate me to keep it off. It terrifies me the thought of being at my goal weight though.... not having that magic number to aim for I guess. But im starting to make new goals.... one being the distant plan of possibly climbing kilimanjaro in 2011, or the ultra-scary thought of training for a marathon one day. I guess all the things I thought that would be amazing to do but because of the weight always thought would be an impossibility.

You'll be fine on rtm.... at the start of the octoberites thread I wondered who'd be the ones who'd be here... hoping I'd be one of them (noticing how the trend seems to be just a couple of people remaining) and getting to their target weights. In group too... so many people seem to dip in and out... (okay, I cant talk after last weekend - but for some I wonder why bother spending £66. a week!) You've done brilliantly.

And you too Ralph... but im insainly jellous of your machine like qualities. :p

Oh yeah - im officially at the 5 stone off mark! I remember a few years ago my best friends mum made a comment that I'd look quite pretty if I lost 5 stone (which was mortifying, having no idea what to respond) - Its a nice boost thinking that noone can say that to me now (well, unless they want me looking like a starved, underweight twig).

Ralph - you amaze me!

Random - I know what you mean about the dithering! One minute I feel that I know what I am doing, the next head up arse lol! Well done you with your overall loss of 5 stones - fantastic ! :D

I have a few goal/thoughts that I want accomplish this year - the first is completing the Edinburgh Moonwalk in June, funny you should mention Kilimanjaro as that is something that I would love to do!

I am way too excited today - as part of making sure that exercise is built into my everyday routing my lovely husband announced yesterday that he was getting me a dog! I have wanted a dog for absolutely ages, its a early combined christmas and 40th birthday present. We are going to see the puppy this afternoon and she gets to come home next weekend. :D

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
SL
x

Back