Any other new starters this week?

Glad everyone is doing well! I'm in day 7 here, and looking fwd to tomorrow's weigh in, I am in such a zone just now; if you see my diary thread, I'm practically evangelising the "feel good" mantra. It's really working; the positivity is making each day easier.

Running low on bars, so I'm going to put a big order in tonight.

I had a lot of bars at the start Elaine

Now I stick with shakes & porridge. The odd meal. Adore the Thai soup for work

Glad your gettin into the swing of things :)

RebekahR said:
I had a lot of bars at the start Elaine

Now I stick with shakes & porridge. The odd meal. Adore the Thai soup for work

Glad your gettin into the swing of things :)

Still haven't tried the porridge! Eeeep! Will bring myself to this week though! x

TaraLove said:
I did the same as you, tried lighter life and cambridge diet years ago, last year started slimmingworld but the weightloss is really slow and i definately will be doing it to maintain once i've came off Slim and Save. (which is my fav so far of the VLCDs)

I love the lil meal packs! delicious and didnt get those on CD or LL... spicey spagetthi is my fav so far tho only tried three, the cottage pie was nice with some tabasco and black pepper, werent too keen on the mac and cheese, what did you like from the sample pack ?

I like most of the shakes and bars meal packs are good too cottage pie is good for when u crave mashed potaoes it will be good when the weather gets colder.I didnt like the mac and cheese either tasted way too salty and weird to me. I think the variety helps alot especially the meal packs, helps keep you on track as it feels like youre eating dinner when I was on lipotrim I had 3 choc shakes a day lol the soups and 'flapjacks' were disgusting.

Day 1 for me today and it's gone well. I haven't been as hungry as I'd thought I'd be. I was certainly ready to eat but not starving, which is was I was expecting, so that's a good start and I'm pleased to find that I agree with the general opinion that s&s is nicer than Cambridge. Had the Cafe Latte for breakfast with a shot of espresso and that was delicious, much nicer than the CD Cappucino which was my favourite. Had the mushroom soup for lunch, which I didn't particularly enjoy, but then I'm not a mushroom soup fan & it wasn't dreadful, just wouldn't have it again. Had the choc truffle bar this afternoon at 4 which is my danger time and then the chilli con carne for dinner with some veg & that was really nice too & looked & therefore felt more substantial than just a shake or soup.

Im a big coffee drinker and just can't do it black, although fine with black tea, so I added an espresso to my brekkie shake and to my delight have just discovered that my milk allowance is the right amount for my Nespresso coffee machine to make a Cappucino, so I'm enjoying that right now. And that's me done for the day, although may have another cuppa tea to reach my water allowance.

Very happy with day 1, roll on day 2 :)

I'm yet to find a pack I don't like but I tend to have porridge for breakfast,my own meal of chicken and salad for lunch,a meal packet for tea like spaghetti or curry,then keep my bar for nightime when kids are in bed and enjoy it with a cuppa :) this is the end of day 11 for me,going so quick and feel lots better already!

Iv decided to buy a size 14 dress as my motivation and im hoping to wear it on my birthday night out mid november!
Hope your all doing well x

I hate all the soups, like all the shakes except caramel, and love the macaroni and curry meals. I love one of the spaghettis and like the other. Only I can't remember which!

I have a shake for brekkie, a bar at work for lunch, a meal plus veg at dinner and either chicken or a shake for supper (depends if I ate chicken with my dinner)

Thats great Elaine, i feel so different this time round than i ever have before - SerenityValley, im the same with the positive feel good mantra zone, i feel a million bucks!

Yazmin, i hated the soups on CD bars were nice tho, i used to stick to shakes but too much sweet makes it hard to stick to.. for me atleast i love my savoury - so thankful for S&S meal packs!!

nice one Janbow, congrats on your first day :)

Serenity valley - let us know how you get on with your weightloss this week - woohoo day 7!!

Mummytwo, im sure you'll make it to size 14 by then, bring on the bday - my bday is mid november too, 16th :eek:) whens yours hunn ?

I had a great evening, my work collegues are lovely we went to dinner, they all know im on this diet, i just sat their with my water while they ate away, didnt feel odd or anything it was great and same again at the bar, water while they were drinking, but it didnt take away from how fun the evening was at all :eek:) yay!!

Sounds like a very nice evening, Tara! Glad you're doing well too!

I lost 10.2lbs, bringing my total lost to 7 and a half stone! Feel even better today than the previous week. Woke up content, satisfied and excited for the week!

Sounds like a very nice evening, Tara! Glad you're doing well too!

I lost 10.2lbs, bringing my total lost to 7 and a half stone! Feel even better today than the previous week. Woke up content, satisfied and excited for the week!

Brilliant! Well done Andy!

I am excited to post in this thread today as today is my official start day! I have already lost 6 lbs in the last two weeks though by cutting down ( used exante and sns packs to help with that) but didn't start properly as I was on holiday during that time with extended family and I don't want them to know about this. As a result I don't expect a massive first week loss - my first target is to lose 7lbs in the next two weeks. I have a very good feeling about this...

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all, after a failed attempt of starting on Tuesday due to been admitted to hospital,I am all mended and raring to go.
Was so in the zone!!!
Hope you are all doing fab and the lbs are falling off!
Back too it tomorrow packs at the ready!!!x

wow 10.2 lbs in one week! thats amazing serenity! Congratulations!! Ahh you're mindset sounds so peaceful... beautiful.

woohooo snoozles, how you feeling bout starting tomorrow hunn? u back in that zone?

Congrats on starting today Zeke, and on the weightloss!! You can deffo hit that 7lbs in the next two weeks if you almost hit that not doing ss - hi 5!

hope you have a great day everyone, i'm having my choc/lemon bar frozen today, its such lovely weather!

It's actually the lest I've ever lost on week 1, but the best I've ever felt. It is something special to know you're going to succeed.

I once lost 15lbs in week 1 but I wouldn't swap that time for this time :)

I'm yet to find a pack I don't like but I tend to have porridge for breakfast,my own meal of chicken and salad for lunch,a meal packet for tea like spaghetti or curry,then keep my bar for nightime when kids are in bed and enjoy it with a cuppa :) this is the end of day 11 for me,going so quick and feel lots better already!

Iv decided to buy a size 14 dress as my motivation and im hoping to wear it on my birthday night out mid november!
Hope your all doing well x

You sound so much like me, that sounds exactly like my day lol and I've just bought a lush size 12 dress, I hope I get there!

Good luck with your journey! Look forward to reading everyone's posts. Today is the end of day 11 for me!

Good luck everyone :) xxx

Aw goodluck to you too! I'm amazed at how I'm never hungry and never once been tempted to stray off plan so far,never thought it was possible for me! X

Tara mine is the 18th! Il be 27,my daughters is the 10th and my mams the 12th,busy month for me :) x

Wow you do have a busy month! Gonna be a good one :)

15lbs in one week, thats amazing!

Hope everyone had a great saturday and enjoy today too, im gonna spend the day in the park with the fam :)

Raining here too (Newcastle) was lovely earlier.

You know what I love? When you are walking along and realise you feel slimmer and are walking more comfortably.

Back