Any other new starters this week?

Hey guys,

How a we all getting on? I need advice and tips guys, I'm just finishing day 12, I'm following the plan, drowning in water and I'm not losing a single lb this week?..... Why? I feel really disheartened and despondent, as in like, I'm trying so hard why is it not falling off like everyone said it would?

What am I doing wrong?

I have a shake for breakfast, salad and protein for lunch, snack and a pack and veg at 5.30
Or
shake, pack, and then the protein, veg and a pack for dinner
or
shake, pack, protein n veg and a shake as a pudding (first time tonight)

Any ideas? One of the days I had a melt down And cheated but not that bad, only an extra pack and a 1/4 of a mini naan n a dip of sauce. Surely that can't be the reason I've not lost any this week? 3 days till weigh in :( xx

Hi guys, I'm restarting yet again today !!!! I have done well before on lighter life and slim and save but when I stop I binge until I replace all the weight I have lost :(((. Hopefully this time I will do it as I'm so unhappy with my weight and it's really effecting my life. Fingers crossed x

weelena1 said:
Hi guys, I'm restarting yet again today !!!! I have done well before on lighter life and slim and save but when I stop I binge until I replace all the weight I have lost :(((. Hopefully this time I will do it as I'm so unhappy with my weight and it's really effecting my life. Fingers crossed x

You and me both weelena restarting today. Oh fingers crossed for us both. Anyhow got to crack on with housework. Omg!! It's a tip in here. Minimins is so addictive ;) good luck to all :) :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks sherrie82... I've been the same doing housework all day to keep busy. So far so good just hope my munchies stay at bay tonight lol good luck chum x

Well done mummytwo thats fab. I am a little deflated as I haven't lost any this week, the scales are stuck :( still I have one last day before the official weigh in..... Still doubt it will change lol

Well done you! X

I'm a serial weigher,everyday and mine weren't moving at one point.I'm only gonna weigh on a Tuesday from now on tho cos it gets me down when it really shouldn't as the weeks loss is what matters :)

2nd day today on slim and save have been feeling disheartened counting calories and just want to get to my goal weight ASAP! Doesn't help that its summer holidays so no gym! Have lost 5stone with lighterlife in 12 weeks then a measly 12lbs cc so shaking to give me that boost and see the scales moving again! Xx

Hows everyone doing? Im on day 8 had an emotional day yesterday and sabotaging thoughts of eating keep cropping up... I havent gave in yet and dont plan to either, on my lunch break now going into the shopping centre to window shop beautiful clothes to inspire me and get me back in the right mindset.... How are u all doing? My gosh i love the spicy spagetthi and cottage pie and mushroom pasta lol thank god slim n save tastes good! Making life so much easier

I'm ok, other than the bars seem to keep pulling me out of ketosis. Making it hard for me.

Still as determined as ever - I'm doing this until the day my baby is born, then I'll start refeed.

Andy

Hiya everyone,

Be strong TaraLove, I went through the exact same thing and cheated! Not a great deal I had a tiny piece of naan bread dipped in some curry sauce and I've suffered the whole week, it brought me out of ketosis. Stay strong minded gal, you can do it! Shopping demo works, I've bought myself a sexy blue dress in a 12 to give me something to aim for! oh said when I get there he will take me to the ritz for dinner! Double whammy to aim for lol

My oh is sat here stuffing his face with pizza, it smells sooooo good but I know now it's not worth the torch ire of the scales not moving lol

Serenity valley, how do they knock you out of ketosis if your sticking to the plan? Are you pregnant? Or have I misread that?

Xx

thanks want2beme :) I went gym tonight which has given me that good feeling back so im back on track :) The sexy blue dress and Ritz sound lovely, my guy is saying the same thing to me, when i get to target we're going out somewhere nice and jumping out of a plane! i've ALWAYS wanted to do that! whoo hooo

Good for you resisting that pizza tonight!

Serentiy valley - it cant be knocking you out for long can it? i've been thinking to stop having the bars, they just dont satify me as much as the meal packs..... Glad to hear you're going strong ! :)

I'm on day 2, I know it will get easier once I'm in ketosis and the weeks go by. Cant wait for my first weigh in:)

I'm ok, other than the bars seem to keep pulling me out of ketosis. Making it hard for me.

Still as determined as ever - I'm doing this until the day my baby is born, then I'll start refeed.

Andy

Andy,

I do apologise, I asked if you were pregnant, i didn't notice you signed off as Andy, I was flicking through all the comments, sorry! Congrats on the baby. When's your other half due?

Nina

Want2bme, no problem lol. My wife is due towards the end of October :) I signed off as Andy, as I realised I did sound like I was the pregnant one!

Tara, I think it knocks me out for a couple of days. I'm hoping to be back in tomorrow. It explains so much though about the first time I did sns and was hungry every 3 or 4 days. It was hell. Now, fingers crossed I'm fine. I'll keep the bars for refeed or something.

Good evening all,

How are we? How has today gone for everyone? Andy, do you know what you are having, I bet your excited, my youngest it 6 months old :)

Thinking about what you said Andy about the bars knocking you out of ketosis, I wasn't happy with my loss this week and so I thought I would email S AND S to see what they say about the diet and the bars / food that could knock you out of ketosis, I also asked if the water consumption was in total including water in food or on top of, and here is his reply, I thought I'd share it as it may help others :) Hopemit answers a few questions ? Nina x

[FONT=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The first few weeks weight loss is very hard to guage because when you start the diet you will lose quite a lot of water and then the following weeks your body will re-hydrate and take back on some of the fluid lost in the first week, so its not uncommon to actually gain weight in week two or three.

Depending on how much you weigh when you start the plan will also dictate on how much you lose in the first few weeks. If you weight say 20st it wouldnt be uncommon to lose 14lb in the first week and 7lb in the second and then gain 5lb in the third. And someone weighing say 14st might lose 10lb in week one and gain 4lb in week two.

Everyone is different based on the amount of fluid and glycogen stored in the muscle.

Once you get to day 4 or 5 in the plan you would of used all glycogen stores and gone into Ketosis, at this point you are burning fat for energy which is what we want. The carbohyrdates in the bars are not going to effect Ketosis as the carbs in the bars is the same as the carbs in the soups and the shakes, the products with more carbs in are the Mushroom Pasta, Macaroni Cheese and Spaghetti Bolognese but even with these meals you will be safely in ketosis unless you had 3 of these meals each day you may risk coming out of ketosis.

Including the water that you have in your packs you need to aim for 2.5 to 3.0 litres per day you can go as high as 3.5 litres per day but no more.

[/FONT]

We are having a boy and it's our first :)

I know that logic says that Rob is right but I also know that it's happened 3 times in 2 weeks, and has always been 2 hours after a bar. In a couple of weeks, I'll see if it has happened again without bars. If to, I'll try a bar and see how it goes.

I have cut my packs to 3 a day again, plus the veg/protein allowance. I am happier with the carb intake on 3 packs.

Interesting what he says about having a risk of coming out of ketosis if you had 3 of the higher carb value packs. 3 of those is a similar value to 4 of the others, so it may be I'm carb sensitive and that risk is becoming reality for me.

When I was on lighter life, they told me there was absolutely no effect if I used their water flavourings but every week I bought a tub, I had a much lower loss than before. I suspect I am hugely sensitive to carbs. Might explain the rapid gain I can have (I could easily gain a stone a month at 3000 cals a day).

We are having a boy and it's our first :)

I know that logic says that Rob is right but I also know that it's happened 3 times in 2 weeks, and has always been 2 hours after a bar. In a couple of weeks, I'll see if it has happened again without bars. If to, I'll try a bar and see how it goes.

I have cut my packs to 3 a day again, plus the veg/protein allowance. I am happier with the carb intake on 3 packs.

Interesting what he says about having a risk of coming out of ketosis if you had 3 of the higher carb value packs. 3 of those is a similar value to 4 of the others, so it may be I'm carb sensitive and that risk is becoming reality for me.

When I was on lighter life, they told me there was absolutely no effect if I used their water flavourings but every week I bought a tub, I had a much lower loss than before. I suspect I am hugely sensitive to carbs. Might explain the rapid gain I can have (I could easily gain a stone a month at 3000 cals a day).

Hey Andy,

Sorry for the late reply, had a mad week and not been able to get on here! Congrats on the little boy, have you got a name for him yet?

How are you getting on without the bars? has it made any difference to you?

How are we all getting on? I had a 3lb loss this week! not bad!! 4 weeks to go till re-feed for me...

Back