Any September Starters?!

I think I'd deffo talk to the doc Tia - sounds awful! Are you worried they'll tell you to stop the diet though ?? Maybe you could do a search on here and see if it's a common thing ?
Lost another 4 pounds tonight - amazed ...can't believe over lost almost 2 stone in 5 weeks.. Crazy! Just love this diet!

My doc dosnt agree with the diet so yeh I am to be honest. I think if I go to docs they will tell me to leave. I think I'm gonna try sit it out for a lil while and see but obviously my health is important so if it dost calm done will go to docs! I looked online and it is common and messes up ur cycles!

Well done on ur great loss this week you Fabulous!!! I bet you feel a million dollars and people are noticing the big change!

Hello Tia

Sorry to hear this.
Our body is very complex and responds in many diff ways to the stresses we put it throug. LLT is a stress on the body.It is forcing the body into ketosis and breaking down fat. Fat cells produce female hormones. It is quite amazing how although 2 diff women weighing similar and doing the same diet may respond in diff ways. One may stop having cycles for a short time (go into conservation mode) and the other may have longer and more frequent cycles. This should settle down in time when your body slows down or adjusts to the sudden change.
Were u on any hormone pills previously ...this could also be a reason.
If you are passing excessive clots and getting symptoms such as dizziness (despite reasonable water intake) and excessive tierdness then this may indicate too much blood loss and u the your GP can check your blood count. Dont let him talk u off the diet. They will know that obesity on its own can cause havoc to ur cycles.
Hope u settle down soon. I think it is wise not to excercise too much given what is happening. Let the body get used to one thing at a time.

XX

Hi Tia!!
Afraid i've been hiding out a bit, as i blatantly threw myself off the bandwagon this weekend as was staying at my friends, and was easier.
I'm back on it now, no problems, but i've completely finished my period now after 2 weeks. I don't know if it's because i broke the diet for a day, but it's done the trick either way. Not that i'm suggesting for one moment that you break it or deviate, but perhaps call your GP or LLC and see what they say?! You may need a supplement to reboot your system??
Hope it gets sorted soon......i know how awful it is.
Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI Tia,
When I was younger I had similar symptoms when my weight went up to 17 stone and the GP at the time said it was the fat actually increased the oestrogen. When I lost weight back then my periods returned to normal.
This time at 17 stone I haven't had the same problem but being older my oestrogen levels are alot lower as I'm in peri-menopause.
As said your body is going through big changes and hopefully this will calm down as the weight comes off. But if you are really poorly ask the GP.
I'm having the opposite problem as mine is late a week since I'm sick with the shingles. Bummer cause I always have a good weightloss the week after TOTM.

Hi everyone
Thanks for all your lovely repies. I do think it's prob my body getting use to this diet as last night it slowed right down again to hardly anything. So it's really intermittent it goes heavy n clotty,stops,goes light for lil while then stops,heavy again!!
I'm living with it at the min just not use to it my cycles were pretty regular and lasted 4-7 days. I wasn't on any pills before and 24 if that helps. Gonna talk to llc tonight about it.
I feel ok....tired tho! Maybe I'll have to look at picking up some supplement?!
Ohhh mrs b!!! U came of :( I hope u get back on again ok!!!

Panic not Tia!!! I'm already back on, all is not lost!!! Just a blip!!

Hope you get if sorted soon and your body calms down soon! See what yr LLC says and let us know!!

How are you doing other than that?! Xxx

Yeh I'm fine. Everyone saying I look White today tho!!
But yeh feeling ok just tired. Think it's prob due to heavy periods prob loosing iron!
Well done for getting back on mrs b...proud of you! X

Oh goodness, maybe you have lost too much blood, might need some iron tablets or something for anaemia?

Are you at work, or can you go for a rest and put ur feet up? Xxxx

Yeh I think that's what it is mrs b! I'm at work gonna pop out on lunch and get some iron tablets. Just tried to make appointment at docs but they got no appointments which is handy. Just said to go to drop in service!!! Grrrrh!
So will get iron tablets n hopefully will make me look better and speak to llc tonight. To check I'm normal.

4Ib off for me this week. Thats 10Ib in 2 weeks. Couldn't be happier. Can feel it in my clothes ready and feel so much happier and confident already. Roll on the next 2 weeks, and 2 after that. Etc x

Well fine both of you!!! That's wonderful!!!

Tia, what did your LLC say re: iron tablets etc? Xxx

She said it's very common on this diet. But to keep an eye on it n if concerned go to doctors but some ppl spot on n off throughout diet n sone ppl stop completely! She said it's fine taking iron but to be careful as could make me constipated!
But I've stopped again.......I wonder how long for tho?!
Thanks for ur concern xx

Anyone struggle with the amount of fluids you have to drink? I have the fLavored water. Can't face drinking today. Normally I would drink around half ltre to a ltre if that in a day

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

jos said:
Anyone struggle with the amount of fluids you have to drink? I have the fLavored water. Can't face drinking today. Normally I would drink around half ltre to a ltre if that in a day

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hi jos,
You need to stick with the rules and drink at least 2-3 litres water a day,or enough to keep you hydrated,
for your kidney's to flush out the ketones to function properly!

The water flavouring should be better for you,have you tried having it with sparking water? It's like having a fizzy drink!!:)

Otherwise if you don't drink enough water it will slow you weight loss right down,and you will be so disappointed!:(
Sexy xx

Last edited:
Back