Any tips on fluid intake???

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
Hi all, ive seen so many threads were people including myself have mentioned not drinking enough water!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the recommended amount down us?

I use a small bottle and aim for at least 1-2litres of plain water, then herbal teas etc all day. However if im busy this doesnt always happen, i know its a massive part of the diet and so important.

Any tips would be helpful for us all ;)

This might sounds stupid but I have plain water at room temperature, it's far too cold from our work water fountain. I drink a lot more that way.

I dink sparkling water mainly - as it feels more like a drink (!). I keep a large bottle under my desk at work and next to my chair if I'm at home. I also have a large glass which I really like the design of. I keep sipping and filling the glass and surprise myself by keeping having to go and get another bottle often.

Some people find the water flavourings helpful too.

Ive just bought the water flavourings from slim and save, will report back what they are like. I too struggle with plain water! room temp is a fab idea, especially when you feel the cold!

Eat the spicy spaghetti the new one that helps drink the water its spicy

When at home i carry a 2L bottle of room temp water around, that way i know how much i'm drinking. I set myself targets, like drink 2L before lunch... drink 2L before dinner etc.

If the water is too cold i find it difficult to drink large amounts, but if it's room temp i find it really easy.

Being able to drink all that water was the thing that most worried me about this diet but my strategy is to use a 750ml bottle and keep topping it up - it doesn't seem so daunting as sitting here staring at a 2L bottle! That way I drink 1 litre of tap water which i chill overnight and 2L of sparkling water, also chilled.

I just keep swigging away throughout the day and it disappears better than i thought it would.

It's the constant going to the loo that gets me, OK if i'm working from home but if i'm out and about it's bit of a pain and that's when i would be likely to not drink enough.

I drink little and often, little and often! Aim for a 300 ml mug every couple of hours. Tap water at room temp, not chilled.

Cheap sparkling water too - 17p for 2L of it from Asda/Tesco/Morrisons

I count my mug of green tea as 'water' too and that's 400 ml straight off.

I swear by my soda stream..... the bottles are litre bottles so i know exactly where i'm up to!!!

I have 1 before i leave the house.... 1 I take to work and then i have 1 in the evening!!!!

They're small enough to carry about but not too small that you only have a little bit of water!!!

X

Back