any tips on getting through.....

Kazz2011

Ok
Any advice welcome!!!
1. The first weekend!
2. The weekly food shop!
3. Huge Sunday dinner at parents(not told them about this diet yet)
4. Nights out!
5. Avoiding the scales till weigh day (wednesday)!!
Think that's about it for now lol something for u to think about on Friday morning lol
Thanxs peeps. Xxx

Become a recluse and throw out the scales???!!lol
Thats what I did with LL until I knew I could handle things! Sorry not got alot of time to reply but sure others will be more helpful

Good luck:)

I threw out my scales and go to boots every week to weigh in :) makes for a much happier life lol

As for the weekly food shop I did mine yesterday and it was horrible but I just focused on buying myself water and lookigfor flavoured water without citric acid and looking at all the slim women walking around thinking that's gonna be me soon!!!

i drank loads and had my shake before my asda shop, lunch with the parents eat the meat and the allowed veg no gravy no yorkies :( im an obsesive weigher so cant help there and ive stopped going out untill im done dieting but did take the weekend off and got straight back on it monday as for weekends i love them as i treat myself to a meal again protein and low carbs

The way I got through this on LT was just to focus on why I was doing this. The food shop wont be much fun but it really does get easier. Just focus on how much money you are saving by not picking up your usual junk (that's if you used to eat junk, talking on my behalf there). The longer you do this the easier it gets. As for going out, I didn't stop, I just drank soda water and still enjoyed myself. You don't have to give up your social life whilst on this.

Stay strong and you will get through your first weekend (the first of many maybe!) and it all gets easier hereon in! Good luck!

Do the food shopping online, if you have to do it in person buy yourself something nice to drink whilst doing so. Meal plan before you go, so you know exactly what you need to buy or send someone else, do you have to go?

Tell your parents so they don't expect you to eat, put some boullion in a bowl and eat that. Or sit it out this week, feign illness until you get past the hard part. Can you go for a walk whilst they eat or sit in another room?

Nights out, avoid for a couple of weeks, drink pepsi max/coke zero on them. Change the things you do to an activity of some sort so you don't feel like you're missing out.

Weekend, distract yourself, paint your nails, have luxurious baths, watch a film you've wanted to see for ages, come on here and lose hours of your life, lol.

Seriously you'll be able to get back to normal life very soon and the things like this won't bother you. Shopping is now a doddle, I have 3 children so I cook for them every day, most of time it's done without thinking and I can sit with them whilst they eat now but had to give myself a few days at first and tell dh to cook instead.

Back