Any tips?

ZoBo

Silver Member
I'm starting CD on monday & was wondering if any of you have any tips to get prepared or keep me going for the first week. I'm already on Atkins so won't have a massive carb withdrawl.
I have also made lots of meals for my df & ds1.... They just need pulling out of the freezer each day. x

Also, can we have Bovril on CD SS? I've heard somewhere that you can? x

Hey there, being on Atkins should certainly help with your first week, get glugging the old water as it really helps and look forward to your first weigh in.

No Bovril on SS but Cambridge do a Bouillon drink if you want something hot and savoury.

Good luck xxx

for a couple of days before i started ss i used slimfast. not ideal long term , but it at least got me into the frame of mind for living on shkes full time.
definatley increase water, it helps so much.

if you only do one thing in prep for cd i would say drink loads of water, good luck.xx

Another advocate for upping your water in advance, I am still struggling to get my minimums in.
Great idea about pre -preparing meals for the family, It was 10 days before I could cook for my lot, it was just too hard for me.
Are you already in ketosis with Atkins, if so you are almost there and will just have to contend with the lack of food. I am really enjoying the shakes and soups now... I don't think it takes long to adjust.
Good luck with your journey!
x

I was in Ketosis this morning, but I'm having a last supper before "d" day tomorrow, so I may be out by then. At least I won't have a huge withdrawl though. I'm really excited about eating rock all!! Surely to be this excited is not normal! lol x

im sure it is honey, i think a lot of us find the prospect of bieng free from the trap of obsessing about food a huge relief, and believe me it is very exciting and motivating when you see the weight fall off.
im only on day 4 today, and i know i shouldnt be weighing myself every day, but at the moment it is a huge insparational tool to see that i am shifting around 1 1/2 pounds a day !
good luck x

Back