• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Any yummy low cal recipes you would like to share??

:) Hi Everyone!! My name's Mel, i've just started on 1200 cals a day and wondered if anyones got any yummy low cal recipes that they'd like to share?

I'm a sucker for lovely indulgent food (well obviously or i wouldnt be here! lol) looking for food that seems a little bit naughty but isn't (to try and fool my chubby lil brain so i don't feel too deprived!) i've got nearly 70lbs to lose so i've probably got a least another 6 months of this and don't want to get bored of eating the same old things and give up!!
:) :) :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
tuna pasta bake, very very yummy!!

boil 75grams of wholegrain pasta until soft, whilst this is cooking gently dry fry your tuna and onion and add in a spoonful of garlic salt (or 1clove of garlic crushed). Do this for 2minutes and then add a tin of chopped tomatoes and mix thoroughly. Add some pepper and one tea spoon of oregano. simmer for 10minutes.

when pasta and tuna mix are ready, put both into 1 oven proof dish and mix together. Add some grated (lowfat) cheese and bake for approx 20-30mins.

i threw these ingrediants together the other day and ended up with a very yummy dinner.
xx

Yes it does go soft and it's quite cheesy and delicious! They meanthose little chilli peppers (which I don't use anymore, as just the cumin itself gives a lovely flavour) but if you like abit more spice to it, then you can chop up the chillies!

The whole thing is just gorgeous with a bit of lettuce, sliced tomato and sweetcorn on the plate too!

That looks lush! But that would never split into 12 portions in our house!! (And there's only the 2 of us :eek: ) So 1/12th of that is 6 points, am I right in thinking 1 point=roughly 65 cals?

I used a lot of the WW recipes when I was doing it. There is a fab recipe on there somewhere for a burger, and also a few for kebabs and protein feasts! I'll have to look through my low fat recipe folder and see if I can find them online. If not, maybe I'll type them up :cool:

Sorry, hi Mel and welcome to the gang:553:

Garlicky lentil soup=167cals per portion

(serves 3)

125g red lentils
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 carrot, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon oil
450ml veg stock

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
pinch oregano

Put all the ingredients (bar the vinegar and oregano) in a pan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 90mins, stirring occassionally. Add red wine vinegar and oregano. Serve.

Just found the perfect little biscuit snack for peckish moments.

Morrisons Honey Teddy Bear biscuits. They are tiny little biscuits the size of a thimble lol. A 25g pack is 110 cals 2.9g fat. I originally got them for my son, but they are crunchy and a nice little inbetween snack. They were more satisfying than a bag of crisps, which in my opinion seem to get smaller and smaller with the amount of crisps inside a bag.

Cheats low cal curry.

Iceland frozen cooked chicken pieces - 200g/200 calorie
Co-Op Rogan Josh Healthy Eating Jar sauce - 220 cals per jar
1 x tin chopped tinned tomatoes
1 x tin Morrisons Spicy lentil and tomato soup - 252 cals per tin
Mushrooms
Onions

Dry fry onions with a little garlic, add chicken, mushrooms and a little chilli/curry powder for extra spice. Then chuck in a pan with tomatoes, soup and curry sauce. Heat through and serve with 50g rice per person - approx 175 cals

Easily 6 servings with this curry. Great to freeze in portions for lunches/dinners throughout the week.

Sharon xoxo

:)