Anybody else thinking of surgery after loosing lots of weight?

princess_cj

I thought I'd start this thread as I have a consultation on monday with a surgeon for (hopefully) a tummy tuck and possibly a boob job. Over the last 3ish years I've lost 8 stone, w.w for 2 years, on and off cambridge for 6months ish, consequently I'm nearly at my goal weight but have really loose skin on my abdomen, breasts, tops of my thighs and my arms and I'm really self concious about it......Especially as I'm only 21 and it really affects what clothes I can wear and I don't feel right when I go out with my other 'normal' bodied friends!

Is there anybody else considering surgery after loosing a lot of weight??

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am thinking that I will probably go for a breast uplift after I have reached goal.

Will be having a breast uplift with implants when I am at goal and back from holiday, am probably going to bei going to either belgium or tunisia to have it done. Finances do not stretch to UK

If you've lost a lot of weight it may be worth talking to your G.P about it, I've been referred on the nhs, obviously I don't know whether the surgeon will do it or not yet, he may ask me to go back in 6 months to prove I can maintain but I thought I'd save my money and go via them! Although if the waiting list is too long I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go private....I've spent too much of my life letting my appearence hold me back!

xxx

I've just been to my GP to ask for a tummy tuck. I've got to have lost 5 stones, kept the weight off for 6 months and not be wanting any more kiddiewinkies. My target weight is currently 11 stones, which would mean I have lost 4 stones and 8 pounds. I might have to lose an extra half stone to be considered but I am seriously thinking about it. My boobs and arms, I don't really care about, you just get the right tops and wear the right bras. But the belly is a totally different beast...:)

yes the tummy is what bothers me the most too!! I'm a bit concerned about the kids thing as I don't plan on having any for about 10ish years....but I'm not waiting all that time for a tummy tuck! I've been the same weight(give or take a few lbs) for 7 months now but I'm not sure my G.P would be able to verify that because I haven't seen her in a year as I was away at uni. hmmmmm really hope the surgeon doesn't ask me to wait 6 months :(

xxx

When my sister had a tummy tuck etc not from just purely loosing weight but for other medical reasons too, im sure she had to wait nearly a year for it to be done!!!! and i think she had to prove to e loosing so many stones too

Good luck :)

Apparently the nhs waiting lists have dropped dramatically for surgery...so I'm hoping it won't be that long(fingers crossed) I have all my old w.w cards etc... and I suppose I could show pictures from 7 months ago to prove that I've maintained.However like you said he might ask me to prove it even further......argh thats the worst thing about loosing weight, even once the fats gone you're still left with the reminder(the skin) that you were that big in the first place!

xxxx

I really hope I will be able to get it done on the NHS but I don't think I will, they are not really that bad it is just me wanting nice boobs, I have seen that I can go to Poland and get it done for about £1500 which is quite amazing but it will take me some time to save that up.

I can understand that its far cheaper but you hear so many horror stories about people having it done abroad and it goes wrong!! Just be careful because some of those countries really don't have stringent checks in place for surgeons etc... I was so tempted to get mine done in America but a surgeon family friend really stressed against it. She even told me not to have it done by a harley street surgeon over here because not all of them are nhs accredited and therefore can get away with more!!

But.....it is tempting when the price is so much cheaper, just do your research I suppose!

Good luck with saving :)

xx

I can understand that its far cheaper but you hear so many horror stories about people having it done abroad and it goes wrong!! Just be careful because some of those countries really don't have stringent checks in place for surgeons etc... I was so tempted to get mine done in America but a surgeon family friend really stressed against it. She even told me not to have it done by a harley street surgeon over here because not all of them are nhs accredited and therefore can get away with more!!

But.....it is tempting when the price is so much cheaper, just do your research I suppose!

Good luck with saving :)

xx

I worried about this as well but I think as long as you do your research you will be fine. This is the two places I am looking at. Have heard good reports about this company.

Cosmetic surgery in Tunisia - Cosmetica Travel : Cosmetic plastic surgery

And know a few women who have used this surgeon all very positive

PLASTIC SURGEON Dr. VAN CANNEYT | Van Canneyt Clinic | Plastic and aesthetic surgery

I would definately be very careful before choosing one, I have found a few where you have the consultation here inthe UK first, I would feel happier with that because then at least if something does go wrong you have someone you can go to in this country.

This might fill some of you with horror - but I was talking to someone who had gone to thailand for a boob job. She said that with the exchange rate the price was stupidly low, the service was amazing and she got a holiday out of it as well. Flights are a bit pricey - 600 pounds or so - and you have to really do your research so you don't get a botched job. They are so used to sex change ops etc etc that if you do your research you could end up paying a small amount to be operated on by a genius surgeon and get a holiday out of it! Result! :)

Wow, that sounds amazing, especially as I am going to Thailand next year anyway. Any details on the surgeon??

The second one looks good, but I'd still approach with caution!

Were the people you know who had it done there very happy with their results?

xx

Just texted her - what she did was she went travelling so she had a month off anyway - and she actually went around Bangkok visiting them and making sure the place was clean, the surgeon was capable etc. That might be an idea for you....if you're going to Thailand anyway, you may as well spend a couple of days looking around. She's digging the paperwork out and she will let me know asap. She can't remember the name - mainly because it was written in Thai! :D

Yeah very happy the women who had it done are wives of fireman that my fella works with and some of there friends.

Just texted her - what she did was she went travelling so she had a month off anyway - and she actually went around Bangkok visiting them and making sure the place was clean, the surgeon was capable etc. That might be an idea for you....if you're going to Thailand anyway, you may as well spend a couple of days looking around. She's digging the paperwork out and she will let me know asap. She can't remember the name - mainly because it was written in Thai! :D

Sounds like a good idea. That is brilliant thanks. I am going with a group of people so would be good to know in advance and then I can plan it during the holiday to cause the least disruption.

I went to Thailand a couple of years back - oh my GOD I loved it. To be honest I think us Brits can get a bit snobbish about things like the cleanliness of foreign countries because yes you had a few dirty places there ( like the UK - just go to my local hospital :) )but most Thai people have such pride in what they have and own that we shouldn't really be that concerned.

Went to a masseuse and for 4 pounds got the most amazing hour long massage. Got my hair cut at Toni and Guy in Bangkok for a tenner. Bought a pair of Gucci glasses and Gucci prescription sunglasses ( both real ) and 6 months contacts for 150 quid. Got a rip off Chloe paddington bag that everyone thought was real for 70 quid. The food was crazy, we ate like fat gits for a fiver a day and came back half a stone lighter! With a tan!

I love that place and now I'm very jealous of you............Grrrrr!:D

Back