Anyone a bit crafty?

I'd love to do quilting!! But my OH has forbidden any more 'projects' as I know have horseriding, veg growing, cross stitching, SW-ing and constantly complain at having no time, is there any wonder really??????? lol!!
x

I am terrible for stamps and 12x12 paper, I have been really good and not bought anything for a while, didn't want to get shot!!

I love to crochet,
only started in December past but it is now my passion,
Im particularly into making blankets/afgans,
have made quite a few baby blankets and passed them onto new mothers.

you sound just like me ,i am a crochet adict LOL

BECAUSE I AM NOT WORKING NOW (LADY OF LEASURE)LOL

i just cannot stop crocheting , as soon as i finish something i am on to the next thing to crochet, i have found a great forum for us crochet adicts its called crochetville

because i had loads of scrap wool around i have just finished making a scrappy blanket for my sons boxer dog, its just a big granny square to use up all the odds and ends ,

i have also just finished making two pink and white blankets for my niece and her two identical twin baby girls ,and i have put their names and date of birth on them

my husband calls me the happy hooker after i told him that there is a crocheting book called
THE HAPPY HOOKER lol

The only problem with to much crocheting is that it makes us FAT

you sound just like me ,i am a crochet adict LOL

BECAUSE I AM NOT WORKING NOW (LADY OF LEASURE)LOL

i just cannot stop crocheting , as soon as i finish something i am on to the next thing to crochet, i have found a great forum for us crochet adicts its called crochetville

because i had loads of scrap wool around i have just finished making a scrappy blanket for my sons boxer dog, its just a big granny square to use up all the odds and ends ,

i have also just finished making two pink and white blankets for my niece and her two identical twin baby girls ,and i have put their names and date of birth on them

my husband calls me the happy hooker after i told him that there is a crocheting book called
THE HAPPY HOOKER lol

The only problem with to much crocheting is that it makes us FAT
I love crochet though it is easy to sit and crochet and munch on sweeties too,
have a few projects on the go at minute,
but love making blankies.

Crocheting is therapeutic, had a long car journey to my parents on Saturday and did some of my granny square on the way (I wasn't driving!!). It made some of the 3 hour journey pass pleasantly!

Only just found this bit on this forum and I'm so glad I did. My daughter is always having a go at me because I store up a lot of things for various projects that I want to do. I have lots of bits of materials, ribbons, lace etc. as I used to make dolls. Then there is the wool for knitting or crochet, rug wool and canvas for - making rugs - what else!Then there is a vast collection of beautiful shells that I want to do something with,:D, shall I go on?
Oh, and just one other thing, I did go to an arts course and still have all the equipment even an easle!:giggle:
At least I'll have plenty to do in my old age - ahem - although I am 76 now.
Ah, well! There's something comforting about having lots of nice stuff around you, methinks.

I love crochet though it is easy to sit and crochet and munch on sweeties too,
have a few projects on the go at minute,
but love making blankies.

i also love making blankies, i have just started to learn how to make pictures on blankies , by changing colour, i need to improve a bit but i have just finished a pic of a seahorse .

i find that when i get focused on my crochet i forget to drink enough and suddenly realize i havent had a drink for most of the day , that is not good at all ,

i must remember to fill a big glass of water before i get dehydrated

Only just found this bit on this forum and I'm so glad I did. My daughter is always having a go at me because I store up a lot of things for various projects that I want to do. I have lots of bits of materials, ribbons, lace etc. as I used to make dolls. Then there is the wool for knitting or crochet, rug wool and canvas for - making rugs - what else!Then there is a vast collection of beautiful shells that I want to do something with,:D, shall I go on?
Oh, and just one other thing, I did go to an arts course and still have all the equipment even an easle!:giggle:
Ah, well! There's something comforting about having lots of nice stuff around you, methinks.

and it keeps us out of mischief LOL

Crocheting is therapeutic, had a long car journey to my parents on Saturday and did some of my granny square on the way (I wasn't driving!!). It made some of the 3 hour journey pass pleasantly!

You saying (i wasnt driving) LOL

reminded me of when hubby and i were going down the motorway in our American chevy astro van,it is a left hand drive , and i was in the passenger seat crocheting ,and people were doing a double take when they saw me because they thought i was driving ,it was sooooo funny at the time LOL

funny I should come across this post! I have decided to dust off my sewing machine and make some bits from a book I got from the library! I want to make some clothes for myself and my daughter so better get practicing!

I have been into crafting for years knittting, crochet, bit of sewing latch hook, felt kits and hand painted ceramics, have bought loads of scrapbooking stuff when on hols but havent got round to trying it yet lol
Cant buy anymore cos no where to put it

I love my papercrafts, mostly cardmaking I even make requests now.
I just bought myself a little sewing machine so my winter quest is to learn to use it :)

My mum taught me to me knit as a small child. Its only within this month that I've decided to get back into it, and have had a few orders from friends on facebook for the pom pom scarfs i knit.

Have done cross stitch in the past but tend to lose interest. Have decided to learn how to crochet in the new year too :D

Haha, I'm a bit like that! In my wardrobe I have boxes full of all my crafty bits and bobs, like you I have lace, sequins, materials, all my cross stitch stuff, pieces of fabric, felt, squares of aida, ribbons, bells, pom poms and much more. I love nothing more than a good mooch around in one of my craft boxes or a good look around Hobbycraft, I could spend a fortune in there!

I also have wool but I've never got the hang of crochet, I really cannot do it. I really want to get the hang of it and just cannot.. How do you do it?! I like knitting but have not done it for ages now. I also like the idea of papercraft but never done it yet.

Cross stitch is my main thing. I have a suitcase full of kits ready to start of all different sizes, designs and abilities although I am an advanced stitcher, I still have kits from when I was younger that I didn't get time to start. But its nice to have something simpler to do sometimes.

I also love latch hook rugs. I've completed 4 and have another one on the go.

I didn't realise you were 76 by the way!

I'm feeling a lil bit down at the moment coz Ive finished the birth sampler for my friends baby and have no more projects on the go...have no money for another kit at the moment either! Dont know what to do with my time!! :(
Contact one of your local volunteer organisations, WI; WVS or go to your local hospital and you will find a fund raising table normally run by the WI I am sure they will be more than ready to get you a ball or two of wool in return for some baby knits. Charity shops are a really good cheapy option for finding wool, needles etc. In other words don't let money stop you ;)

Back