Anyone a similar height and weight?

Kayemm555

Just wondering if anyone is a similar height/weight to me and can tell me how many calories they're having to lose weight please?!

I'm 5 feet 4 inches and 14 stone (eek!) MFP gives me 1200 cals which doesn't seem enough, have been having 1200 net (which means I've been having about 1500 calories using 300 from exercise) any advice would be appreciated, thanks :)

MFP will be right enough :)
I started MFP at 14s 4 (I think) and am 5'1" (I say I'm 5'2", hubby measures me at 5' dead, and I concede to accept 5'1" lol) and I was on 1200 for a 2lb loss.
You're right too though - the 1200 IS net, so you eat back your exercise calories. If you want more calories, change your goals to a smaller weekly loss - but it probably wont give you much extra :)
It's amazing how quickly you get used to it though - more often than not, I struggle to eat back enough to keep my net at a healthy level!

Hi yes im 5'.2" and mfp says 1200ish for a 2lb loss.

Thanks. Must be right then :( was hoping for more calories than that!!
Iwillsoonbeslim - have you been losing 2lbs a week on 1200 a day and how much have you lost so far if you don't mind me asking?

I think it's 21lbs since the start of May. I check my average losses every so often, and I think I'm at about 1.4/6lbs a week - but I've never eaten so well, drank so much, and partied so frequently than I have in the last few weeks lol I am losing an average of 1lb every 5 days, which I think is fricking amazing!

***nope, just looking at my siggy, it's 23.5lbs since I started calorie counting at the very end of April. So 135 days, making it 1lb every 5.7 days on average***

I'm 5ft and have about 4stn to lose.. I'm 161lbs at the moment.. Mfp gives me 1200 and I earn more by doing exercise.

Well that's the theary!! I've let my exercise slip of late but still eaten the cals :eek:

I started out near enough 200lbs and was on more than 1200 a day. Instead of setting MFP to '2lbs a week' I set it to '1lb' a week which gave me significantly more calories to eat. I still lost more than 1lb most weeks but I feel it gave me more flexibility. I felt that if I started out at 1200 a day, I would not be able to reduce my calories when plateauing (which for me is inevitable). Now I have lost 4 stones I am on squarely 1200 a day - the final push to lose the last few pounds!

Thanks Littlesis that sounds like what I want to lose so will try 1200 and exercise.

Morrigan, that is really inspiring, 4st, wow! Can't wait til I get there! :)

I am eating 800-1000 at the moment but MFP says I can have 1200 which I may have on some days. When you get down to this size though and after having two kids it is hard to get any more weight off so I am going hard core! haha I am losing nicely though.

I'm 5ft4 and weigh 15st 1lb so i'm huge!! but I have come down from 16st 4lb :eek: I use MFP too after running out of money to do WW. I did have it set to 2lb loss per week but I struggle to eat within limits, I find the -350 kcals in red depresses me so I've decided to switch it to 1.5lb loss per week which has given me nearly 300 extra calories per day.

Thanks surfinbernard, how much are you losing having that amount on average! I'm on my iPhone so can't see the siggys!

Chublock, I know what you mean about the red calorie deficit on MFP, makes me feel guilty! Well done on your weight loss so far :)

Thanks surfinbernard, how much are you losing having that amount on average! I'm on my iPhone so can't see the siggys!

Chublock, I know what you mean about the red calorie deficit on MFP, makes me feel guilty! Well done on your weight loss so far :)

I'm losing very well on this calorie intake, maybe half a pound a day average. I'm more than pleased and I have struggled to lose any on previous plans which included more calories but more exercise, I just used to stall after the first week or two. I have done nutrition courses and know that you're not supposed to go too low on calories but we are all different and for those of us who are finding it hard to lose by following all the 'rules' then cutting back a little more seems the only option, or else be content being a larger jeans size- no thanks!

Hi I'm 5ft 3' and my starting weight was 13st 13lbs. I'm also on 1200 calories and run 3xweek. My first week last week and lost 4lb, weigh day tomorrow. I'm looking to lose 1.5lb a week.

Im 4ft 11 n got in stone roughly 4 minamum to loose but hoping for nearer to 5. Feel fre tom pm me any time x

Hi I'm 5 4 and my start weight was over 15 stone, I'm now 10 stone so you can all do it, I eat 1200 now to lose the last half a stone which is the hardest, but I would suggest starting on more calories per day and then lowering if you need to, say if your weight loss plateus you could eat 200 cals less per day to ensure you continue losing, boots website have got a calculator that helps you work out how many calories you should eat, maybe try that, good luck xxx

Ooh another tip i found really useful is don't eat the total amount of calories you burn through exercise, if you burn 500 cals try just eating 200 xxx

Back