Anyone been to GP about binge eating?

The weight loss is only one part of the journey learning how to keep it off is life long.
That is really reassuring to hear you say that. I often think that people believe I should have complete peace with food by now. I shouldn't have to be worrying about weight gain. I should have cracked it.

I don't feel a failure, but I do feel as if I'm still on the journey. At least I'm not yoyo dieting anymore, which is the first time for years, but I do feel I should have sorted my head out completely by now.

But there ya go...hay, ho...some of us are slow learners:eek:

So Mini, pleased to hear one other person mention that it could take a long time....but there again, I might have misunderstood:confused:

Hi Karen
Just seen these posts & thought I'd add my positive experience for you to ponder!
About 7 years ago (pre-CD) I was binge eating almost daily - it was horrific & so bad I scared myself - I was also very 'up & down' and fairly terrified that I might take it out on my gorgeous boys so I went to see my Gp.
He was great - allowed me to rant & cry then 'prescribed' a hypnotherapist on the basis that if I could sort the stress the rest would follow.
I had the therapy for about 9 months - it really helped & I still listen to the tape occasionally when things get tough.
I can't say I've never binged since but I am more 'balanced' these days & although I'm currently still SSing I am more confident that bingeing will be a rarer event once I go on to maintenance (another 1st 6lbs to go).
Give your GP a chance to help.
Also Mini's suggestion to run by Diva's thread is a good one - she's my CDC & has been a great support.
Good luck anyway
WPx

Hey Karen, how are you feeling today? I just popped over to DH to work out what day of my diet/maintenance I was on and yours was the only post I read!
Hope you're feeling more positive today, hun!
love

Back