Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

JUST STARTED DIET CHEF

really enjoying the first few days of Diet Chef, much much better than CD and LL (my hair fell out on that one!!), the meals on DC are really tasty so far, and feel quite stuffed so not sure I will have lost much weight, but hey, I've stopped the wine each night so that's better! I like the fact you just heat the meals up and don't have to either: sip a milkshake that tastes like milk of magnesia/tot up points/make a meal from scratch that takes about 2 hours!:D

Diet Chef Works

I only joined minimins yesterday and have just found this thread.

I have been doing DC (thru QVC) for 10 weeks now but must admit that I had a two week holiday during this time where I ate and ate!! :mad:
The one thing I can say is it definitely works - so far I have lot 2 stone (but still another 1.5 stone to go).:D

I think a lot of people have swapped from QVC to ordering from DC direct because there you can choose just what you want. I'm staying with QVC for another month as after that I get a "free" month's hamper but am looking forward to choosing my favourites. There are 3 meals and 2 soups I don't like in the QVC DC but I've ordered meals from LWWF to replace these. I'm another one who doesn't like granola but have eaten them as they are very filling.

I've been using www.foodfocus.com every day and have found that to date I have never had more than 900 calories in a day. I have made sure I've entered everything I eat and have loads of green vegetables so I guess I could cheat a bit but if I did I know I'd go on and on and ......

Overall I would say it's the best diet I've been on (and I've tried loads). However, I'm just beginning to struggle. I keep fancying a nice thick steak or chop to get my teeth into:4635:

I'd really appreciate any hints or tips anyone has to keep me going please as my daughter gets married in July and I don't want to be that 'big flat blob' on the photos.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Sheila

Cheaper than LWWF

Hi Shep what do you mean down days?

I'm doing the meals, not struck on the breakfasts - the porridge is okay but not really got into the granola and it seems a to have a lot of cals in it for something I'm not that struck on. I got mhy DC through QVC so am going to get another month through from them then go direct to LWWF as there are some nice sounding mains on there although some of the ones in on DC aren't there I think it will still be good - and cheaper.

S.S.

Like you I'm doing DC through QVC and sticking with them to get my "free" hamper. Thought you might like to know that I came across another website yesterday that is selling LWWF foods slightly cheaper: www.thejollygourmand.co.uk

Hi everyone out there,
Have never posted anything before or been on a forum.
Thanks to Sheil,have just ordered a weeks worth of lwwf meals from the jolly gourmand,not sure what to do about the breakfasts as they don't sell them.
Also does any one have any other suggestions for breakfasts as I am happy to do porridge in the winter months but now its spring would like something lighter and can't seem to find any lwwf snacks/shakes etc.locally.
Please help
I live in Herts.and have 5.5 stone to lose!!!

Thanks Shep,
:
Am always in a rush in the mornings so was hoping to find something quick,love toast,egg etc. but even that can be too much on some mornings.
Wish i could eat milk and cereal but they make me feel sick so haven't eaten them for years,but love porridge and shakes etc. weird me!!!
Have to say i am well impressed with The Jolly Gourmand, i ordered 6 soups and 6 meals from them yesterday,it came to £27.08,and they arrived this afternoon not even 24hrs.
Will be having my first tasting tonight so hopefully they taste good

Thanks Shep,
:
Am always in a rush in the mornings so was hoping to find something quick,love toast,egg etc. but even that can be too much on some mornings.
Wish i could eat milk and cereal but they make me feel sick so haven't eaten them for years,but love porridge and shakes etc. weird me!!!
Have to say i am well impressed with The Jolly Gourmand, i ordered 6 soups and 6 meals from them yesterday,it came to £27.08,and they arrived this afternoon not even 24hrs.
Will be having my first tasting tonight so hopefully they taste good

For quickness sometimes I do a fruit bowl squeeze a little lime and lemon juice over and leave in the fridge, I then have that in the morning, while getting kids ready for school run I can nibble as i go. That might help. But if you like shakes why not have one for brekkie like slim fast or something l8ike that.

Good luck tonight let us know how it goes......

Hi I've been on Weight to Go which is similar to Diet Chef and lost 12lb in 2 weeks. The food is delicious 3 shakes, one piece of fruit, one portion of veg, soup and a meal. They provide everything except for the fruit and veg and all you do is pop the meal and soup into the microwave. Am well pleased. The calorie count is lower than Diet Chef at 850 approx cals per day. This includes the fruit and veg. I love the shakes - 4 flavours - vanilla, banana, strawberry and chocolate. Has a good choice of veggie meals as well.

I have been trying to stick to a low carb diet but for some time now have been completely off any diet. I would love to know of any yo-yo dieters like me have found this diet helps.

I have been trying to stick to a low carb diet but for some time now have been completely off any diet. I would love to know of any yo-yo dieters like me have found this diet helps.

I am a yo yo dieter, and I have found if I stick to the diet for 90% of the time, I do lose weight. Any diet is hard but I keep trying.. lol

I am so glad I read this thread for when the time comes that I have to come off CD, OR I cant take it anymore whichever comes first!

I have done CD in the past and lost all the weight I had to. Well I started on LT and then transferred which was a good thing. After an 'anni horriblis' I regained 2 1/2 st which has to come off. So far so good, but I am only on day 4!!! No cheating, eating, nothing. SS all the way. I am one of those that need the choice taken away from them, I know what I am having day in and day out and the only choice I have to make is porridge or shake! I have a goal in sight and so head down and onwards, only as we all know that sometimes doesnt work. So DC sounds like a compromise when the time comes.

Thank you Shep, I tried two of the 'Look what we've found' meals from Morrisons & enjoyed them. I have a lot of food in my freezer - I cook, portion & freeze - I wish I'd calorie counted them.. Once they're gone I think I'll give Diet Chef a try.

Big Birdy, I thought about CD years ago but my doc' warned me against it. From what I read it is healthier now though.

Last edited:
Apparently it is better now than it used to be. My mum sold it in the 70/80's! But just recently things have changed with it and the plans. Once I stop losing like I have done before on cd/lt despite not cheating I will give myself a boost metabolism wise by doing the DC. Especially as you can buy it on line. Mind you I did WW once and had ww ready meals for lunch and dinner, a breakfast, no snacks and some fruit and lost 1/4lb for two weeks!! 1/2 lb loss over that time, plus exercise was silly. I guess I am just meant to be rounded!

Well been doing Weight to Go now for three weeks and lost 15lb. I am really pleased with progress made to date and I love the taste of the food. I love 5 stone on lipotrim 2 years ago and just couldn't face doing that again. This feels like a good compromise though. :8855::8855::8855:

JulieG, How hungry do you get? Weigh to Go seems to have a very low calorie allowance.

Hi everyone, just ordered a month of Diet Chef to arrive tomorrow, cant wait to start after reading the posts on here feel really positive (especially after everyone at work telling me I'm stupid - yes they are all skinny haha)

How did everyone find the first week?

xx

Back