Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Hiya

It's "look what we found"

xx
great site, thank you , do they sell the milkshakes as well,would be good to try first, thank you for the info on look what we found . I am on lighterlife but think i should eat a meal in the evening so my body doesnt just get used to no food, its the maintenance that is worrying, anyone tried ll and kept the weight off ?

Last edited:
My friend and I are thinking of doing this after doing W8. I am confused by what I have read here though. Are the meals nutrionally balanced? Do diet chef actually produce them as an overall package or, as I get the impression, they are a hodge podge of different diet foods on the market?

Also I need to know more about actual weight losses, and do you need to drink loads of water as on a VLCD.

Cheers

My friend and I are thinking of doing this after doing W8. I am confused by what I have read here though. Are the meals nutrionally balanced? Do diet chef actually produce them as an overall package or, as I get the impression, they are a hodge podge of different diet foods on the market?

Also I need to know more about actual weight losses, and do you need to drink loads of water as on a VLCD.

Cheers

Its all sent to you in a box you choose your brekkie, lunch and dinner and you can add mainly anything you like to the meals as long as you dont go over the 1200 calorie limit (for women) .

I do it and still have snacks, pieces of fruit for instance yesterday I had porridge, soup with a slice of bread and curry, I added a banana, rice and even 2 poppadums and still came in under the calories. I was stuffed and no room for anything else but i could of had some more I had the calories.
i dont drink as much water as I did on the Cambridge, but I do make sure I have at least 2 pints of fluids, but that does include cans (take into account the calories Zero is a good one), teas and decaff coffee with sweetener. So I can easily drink over the recommended 1 litre without touching a glass of water on its own. Which to me is a blessing as I struggled with the water intake on CD.

Hope this answers any questions you may have.

For me Diet Chef is my diet.

If you go to the Diet chef forum you will see the losses, we have people losing upto 7lbs in 1 week, the weight loss slows down but most people hit the stone a month and mostly exceed it, if they do it 100%. I have only started and I have lost 7lbs in one week, and hoping for another loss this week.

Good luck in whatever you choose.:D

Last edited:
HI
if you have a lot to lose you get 1500 cals. Men get 1500 cals, and get milk shakes to make up the extra cals.
DCmeals come at about 8oo to 900 cals and you make up the difference with what you like. fruit, veg, pasta, rice,

thanks that does help, my friend ordered last night so that will be interesting. After doing the VLCD and losing loads quickly, which I did worry about but it was great too, do you get peed off with it going relatively slowly.

the main thing for me is. I'm eating healthy, learning portion control and enjoying my food,I feel i've taken control, and if my weight loss slows down ok. I'll get there in the end :D
I have a better chance that the weight
will stay off.and my skin will fit better.:D

the main thing for me is. I'm eating healthy, learning portion control and enjoying my food,I feel i've taken control, and if my weight loss slows down ok. I'll get there in the end :D
I have a better chance that the weight
will stay off.and my skin will fit better.:D

Thats true as the skin shrinks with you on slow losses better than fast and quick losses.

I know that I should lose slowly as it is the healthier and more long term option but am impatient to see results, I am going to do this diet as a long term commitment which of course the CD LL and W8 stuff cannot be. Cheers for helping me make up my mind.

I know that I should lose slowly as it is the healthier and more long term option but am impatient to see results, I am going to do this diet as a long term commitment which of course the CD LL and W8 stuff cannot be. Cheers for helping me make up my mind.

good luck with your journey and keep posting.

Just wanted to say hello :)

Having done the VLCD route myself I think DC is not so harrowing but just as easy to follow. I've taken to liking the slower losses these days - means my blender is getting a very long rest.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :D

Just wanted to say hello :)

Having done the VLCD route myself I think DC is not so harrowing but just as easy to follow. I've taken to liking the slower losses these days - means my blender is getting a very long rest.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :D

i dont know about anyone else but I felt such a pressure on VLCD as if i didn't have a big loss it was why, what have you done differently, have you been 100% and in the end I couldn't cope with that and of course the lack of food.

My blender is getting a well earned rest as well lol:p

Very low calorie diet eg Cambridge Diet or Lighter Life. You eat under 500 cals a day. Huge weight losses but I found it too hard to do.

Starvation mode is a myth. Metabolic rate is lowered hence the cold and other somewhat irritating but harmless and reversable side effects of very low cal diets, but it's not that low as the body really cannot shut down a lot of systems or slow them down either - cell renewal for example continues regardless of whether you eat 3,000 cals or zero cals.

Plus once you finish the body easily reverts back to its normal metabolic rate with little difficulty - refeeding is an important part of CD so as to get the body back on to its normal pattern quickly.

There's a lot of expert info around that is not backed up by sound science - too many experts all employed by diet/product companies promoting their own myths (aka expert advice) if you know what I mean!

Bloomin heck, my waffling posts must be improving if you understood that hehe!

Hmm, I wonder if Heaven Can Wait did DC - will have to look into it later :D

Back